PDA

View Full Version : Immigration reform: portablility after I140 approval

justice4all
06-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Hi,
I was reading somewhere in the new immigration reform bill that once it passes, I-140 approval can be used for job portability, we can file for AOS, get EAD and change jobs even if the date is not current. Is it true?
I am asking this because I am moving to a new job filing H1B transfer with I-140 approval (AOS not filed, hence no EAD). If the reform passes in two months, can I file for AOS and apply for EAD without redoing my PERM and I140 again.

Thanks

-------------------------------------

so far contributed $250..

keyurpatel80
06-28-2013, 08:48 AM
Hi,
I was reading somewhere in the new immigration reform bill that once it passes, I-140 approval can be used for job portability, we can file for AOS, get EAD and change jobs even if the date is not current. Is it true?
I am asking this because I am moving to a new job filing H1B transfer with I-140 approval (AOS not filed, hence no EAD). If the reform passes in two months, can I file for AOS and apply for EAD without redoing my PERM and I140 again.

Thanks

That is what I assumed when Administrator posted link that Hatch amendment is approved before few weeks.

Admin can clarify this what Hatch amendment was.

imh1b
06-28-2013, 08:59 AM
Hi,

Thanks

If CIR passes you can file EAD and I485 immediately. That will be a big relief and people can change jobs. It is a very big provision than most people think. Getting EAD is like getting 50% greencard.