PDA

View Full Version : Immigration Question

rekha_btech@yahoo.com
06-25-2013, 09:04 PM
Hi,
We live in california, My mom stayed here to help us with kids for 14 years she has citizenship.
In 2010 my brother and his wife adopted a baby boy in jan 2010. Then after 5 months my brother's wife is diagnosed with brain tumor. My mom went to help them in sep 2010. Then my brothers wife died in november 2010. So my mon stayed back in india to help my brother with his boy. now she is trying to come on july 2 nd for my sons graduation, will she have any problem when she will travel back to india. please help

heartbeat
06-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Sorry to hear about this.

In my knowledge the person who have US citizenship has no restrictions on their return even if they stayed outside for longer periods. Only thing to note is that if your Mom is getting some income then she has to pay US taxes.

Thanks

reddymjm
06-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Hi,
We live in california, My mom stayed here to help us with kids for 14 years she has citizenship.
In 2010 my brother and his wife adopted a baby boy in jan 2010. Then after 5 months my brother's wife is diagnosed with brain tumor. My mom went to help them in sep 2010. Then my brothers wife died in november 2010. So my mon stayed back in india to help my brother with his boy. now she is trying to come on july 2 nd for my sons graduation, will she have any problem when she will travel back to india. please help

if she is a US Citizen she should not have any difficulty.

rekha_btech@yahoo.com
06-25-2013, 09:34 PM
she doesn't have any income. will she have any problem going back in india

ronhira
06-25-2013, 11:03 PM
she doesn't have any income. will she have any problem going back in india

for a us citizen, income is not a factor to travel to/from india....... so u'r mom should be ok if she carries us passport......

more importantly...... how is your brother's son doing..... he is probably school going age.... as you said, your mother is probably busy taking care of her grandson in india.....

rekha_btech@yahoo.com
06-26-2013, 12:57 AM
yes, he is in lkg