PDA

View Full Version : Senate Proposed Immigration Reform

honest123
06-13-2013, 11:27 AM
I have heard Senate Proposed Immigration Reform allows STEM field foreign graduates with a US job to have unlimited quota of green cards. My question is that----recently I have heard most H-1B visa applications are out of quota and those applications need to be drawn a lottery to determine which graduates can stay legally to work in US. So if that is the case, some graduates have Doctorate degree may need to back home if they can't win the working visa lottery. Then how can they get the green cards since they don't have a US job offer due to getting stuck in quota and back home?

Also, I know some doctorate degree graduates are studying medical fields such as Nursing, Physical therapy and Pharmacy or Medicine etc and those studies are adhered to US professional licenses and those professional medical licenses are ONLY granted to US green card people. Suppose they back home but once they return to US as immigrants and those medical professional licenses graduates may NOT difficult to get a job in US----but the point is they can't apply US green card in US embassy in their home countries by themselves without US employer petiiton?

Most countries value their professional medical licenses and retain those graduates for green cards since these medical licenses are specific to each country?

So under this situation, is there anything can help those graduates for US immigration for fair reason because they all STEM graduates???? Will someone talking about this in Congress?

WhyThisOnePostDi
06-13-2013, 02:51 PM
"QUOTE=pappu"
How many times have you met your lawmaker offices in person in the last 1 year asking for a bill?

If your answer is zero or 1, then that is the reason no bill never sees light of the day.
If our community does not go out and meet lawmakers, their plight will stay buried inside the forum threads.

I have heard Senate Proposed Immigration Reform allows
. . . .
STEM field foreign graduates with a US job to have unlimited quota of green cards. My
job in US----but the point is they can't apply US green card in US embassy in their home countries by themselves without US employer petiiton?

Most countries value their professional medical licenses and retain those graduates for green cards since these medical licenses are specific to each country?

So under this situation, is there anything can help those graduates for US immigration for fair reason because they all STEM graduates???? Will someone talking about this in Congress?

bpratap
06-13-2013, 03:03 PM
Wonder why people read only some lines of a 1000+ page bill and make comments about it. Try to read all provisions and amendments of the bill before posting questions and concerns.

Get more involved, the you will see/know what is actually there in the bill.

The Bill also have provision to bumb up H1B numbers.

I have heard Senate Proposed Immigration Reform allows STEM field foreign graduates with a US job to have unlimited quota of green cards. My question is that----recently I have heard most H-1B visa applications are out of quota and those applications need to be drawn a lottery to determine which graduates can stay legally to work in US. So if that is the case, some graduates have Doctorate degree may need to back home if they can't win the working visa lottery. Then how can they get the green cards since they don't have a US job offer due to getting stuck in quota and back home?

Also, I know some doctorate degree graduates are studying medical fields such as Nursing, Physical therapy and Pharmacy or Medicine etc and those studies are adhered to US professional licenses and those professional medical licenses are ONLY granted to US green card people. Suppose they back home but once they return to US as immigrants and those medical professional licenses graduates may NOT difficult to get a job in US----but the point is they can't apply US green card in US embassy in their home countries by themselves without US employer petiiton?

honest123
06-14-2013, 01:31 AM
Someone said "the bill also has bump up H-1B numbers"------personally I do think increase the H-1B numbers are meaningless. It is because from the news, it said that although H-1B numbers are increased, the US employers should pay much higher salary to foreign graduates than the local Americans for the same type of jobs plus the lawyer fees. So under this exceptionally high cost to file H-1B, most people think that most US employers will NOT file the H-1B although the number of H-1B visa is increased----it is useless to get the green card for the foreign graduates if H-1B can't be filed.

imh1b
06-14-2013, 09:37 AM
Someone said "the bill also has bump up H-1B numbers"------personally I do think increase the H-1B numbers are meaningless. It is because from the news, it said that although H-1B numbers are increased, the US employers should pay much higher salary to foreign graduates than the local Americans for the same type of jobs plus the lawyer fees. So under this exceptionally high cost to file H-1B, most people think that most US employers will NOT file the H-1B although the number of H-1B visa is increased----it is useless to get the green card for the foreign graduates if H-1B can't be filed.

So you want cheap labor be imported from foreign countries?

imh1b
06-14-2013, 09:46 AM

You should talk to American Medical associations kind of organization to help you with healthcare related immigration. I think in every post you talk about healthcare related ideas. These are not useful unless you yourself talk to healthcare organizations that are lobbying only for healthcare professionals.

My position is that immigration for healthcare professionals should be made more difficult. They are life savers and very important for the country. Training them also costs lot of money for the native governments. As the case of India, we have a big need for healthcare professionals. Most best people go abroad. Villages are desperate for doctors.

Kerala tribal carries pregnant wife 40 km | GulfNews.com (http://gulfnews.com/news/world/india/kerala-tribal-carries-pregnant-wife-40-km-1.1195377)

In the interest of helping poor and developing countries, US immigration laws should be tightened for professionals that are in big need and are life savers. It is a noble profession and US should help poor countries get adequate health care and not take their healthcare workers.