PDA

View Full Version : Visitor Visa Extension for my mother. Help needed ASAP.

avp12
06-02-2013, 08:57 PM
Hi everyone,

My mother is visiting me from India and she in mid of February this year and has her I-94 good till mid of August 2013 (her Visa is good till 2017). Soon after she came to the US, I had a surgery in my hand for which I am still undergoing physical therapy. I have two little kids, 3 and 4 years old and I am undergoing a very painful and nasty divorce. I also am looking for a job at this moment, and there are a lot of variables in my life. I really need my mother to be here with me to give me emotional support and help me out with my kids and provide stability in our lives as well. I was in a very controlling marriage, and therefore I do not have anyone around me I can count on or lean on for any sort of help or advice. In short, I really need my mother to be here with me.

My questions are:
1. When I apply for her extension (within the next week) what should my "Reason" include?
2. How long should I request the extension for? The entire length of 240 days?
3. Additionally, is it going to jeopardize her future visits to the country? Ideally I would want my mother to be present with me for at least 6 months out of a year for the next 2-3 years until my divorce is sorted out and the kids are a little grown up.

Please help me with your answers/thoughts/advice.

God bless you all.
Nina

sanprabhu
06-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Hi everyone,

My mother is visiting me from India and she in mid of February this year and has her I-94 good till mid of August 2013 (her Visa is good till 2017). Soon after she came to the US, I had a surgery in my hand for which I am still undergoing physical therapy. I have two little kids, 3 and 4 years old and I am undergoing a very painful and nasty divorce. I also am looking for a job at this moment, and there are a lot of variables in my life. I really need my mother to be here with me to give me emotional support and help me out with my kids and provide stability in our lives as well. I was in a very controlling marriage, and therefore I do not have anyone around me I can count on or lean on for any sort of help or advice. In short, I really need my mother to be here with me.

My questions are:
1. When I apply for her extension (within the next week) what should my "Reason" include?
3. Additionally, is it going to jeopardize her future visits to the country? Ideally I would want my mother to be present with me for at least 6 months out of a year for the next 2-3 years until my divorce is sorted out and the kids are a little grown up.

God bless you all.
Nina

Hi,

Generally USCIS does not like extension and I believe you do not request for a certain time but just extension and USCIS gives the extension based on its determination.

But if you want, then please go ahead and attach supporting documents like your surgery details and such for the extension request and put in a coversheet why you are requesting the extension.

Good Luck.

amitkhare77
06-03-2013, 03:22 PM
First of all, sorry to hear about your situation. I would recommend you to consult with an attorney.

My friend had requested an extention for his parents and was granted. His parents came again. The immigration officer (at the port of entry ) asked the details about the extension. Keep the paperwork all the time for future visits and explain the right reason.

Hi everyone,

My questions are:

God bless you all.
Nina