PDA

View Full Version : Priority Dates on I-797C notice of action

grajee
05-23-2013, 10:58 PM
Hello All,

I have a question about my (& my wife's) I-797 document. My wife and children left to India a month before and I'm going to bring them back on the 1st and will be returning with them on 17th.

I'm from NJ and my priority date is April 15 2010 under EB2 and my wife is a dependent and I had applied for her as well. when I became current, I applied for my 485 and in the process got EAD/AP for both of us at the same time. So, so far so good.

Last night I was taking out all the documents that I need to carry with me and I noticed that under my I-797, the priority date is printed correctly - April 15 2010 but in my wife's document it is printed as March 06, 2012. The Notice Date on both reads March 08 2012.

Is this an error/typo or does the priority date in the I-797 does not matter? Also, in the comment section it is printed "Please note that if a Priority Date is Printed on this notice, the Priority does not reflect earlier retained priority dates".

I will talk to my lawyer tomorrow and will also carry the I-140 notice along with me. Can someone please help me clarify

Thanks,
grajee