PDA

View Full Version : Involving Major Vendors in CIR Bill

tc2007
04-18-2013, 10:13 PM
I have been getting emails from IV about various action items including contacting local leadership. I personally think one of the best ways is to talk to your local vendors / recruiters etc. I am talking about companies like K-Force, Modis, Technisource, Booz Allen, SRA, SAIC etc etc. All these big vendors have to gain directly from the CIR being passed in Senate and the Congress. They have the political muscle to talk to various senators etc. I think this will make a big impact on the bill. I get recruiters everyday asking me if I was able to join their company but I cannot because of the visa situation. Having a large dynamic pool of talen with GCs is in the market it will benefit them directly and their clients as well, by taking out the middle men.

ronhira
04-18-2013, 10:37 PM
I have been getting emails from IV about various action items including contacting local leadership. I personally think one of the best ways is to talk to your local vendors / recruiters etc. I am talking about companies like K-Force, Modis, Technisource, Booz Allen, SRA, SAIC etc etc. All these big vendors have to gain directly from the CIR being passed in Senate and the Congress. They have the political muscle to talk to various senators etc. I think this will make a big impact on the bill. I get recruiters everyday asking me if I was able to join their company but I cannot because of the visa situation. Having a large dynamic pool of talen with GCs is in the market it will benefit them directly and their clients as well, by taking out the middle men.

consulting / vendor companies do want to pass cir..... but for a different reason..... like most immigration lawyers, companies tend to benefit if employees are stuck in green card backlogs......

whereas employees i.e. most of on this forum..... want to live free..... without the shackles of working for the same employer for decades.....

what u suggest seems to make sense..... but in real world it doesn't........

body shops tend to lose big time in this bill...... body shops do not want cir bill to pass.....

tc2007
04-18-2013, 10:43 PM
consulting / vendor companies do want to pass cir..... but for a different reason..... like most immigration lawyers, companies tend to benefit if employees are stuck in green card backlogs......

whereas employees i.e. most of on this forum..... want to live free..... without the shackles of working for the same employer for decades.....

what u suggest seems to make sense..... but in real world it doesn't........

body shops tend to lose big time in this bill...... body shops do not want cir bill to pass.....

Big vendors like I listed above DO NOT sponsor visas. They have to keep desi companies in the middle as a layer and pay more out of pocket. If the middle layers go away many consultants will be able to get more many and the main vendor will end up paying less money at the same time.
For e.g. my lets say vendor pays $80 p/h to my company which takes out 20%. So I am only getting $64. After GC, I may agree to 65-70 p/h and the vendor is still saving $10 or more. Their client is not interested in hiring me at all so I continue to work directly with the vendor. This is not uncommon at all.

Again I am NOT at all talking about asking Desi companies big or small.