PDA

View Full Version : Advocacy day event: Live updates (link to event pictures added)

pappu
03-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Updates and experiences will be posted by people taking part in this event here. Please stay tuned.

pappu
03-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Young but responsible!

Greetings!

Today, we have been invited to attend a White House briefing for Immigration Voice. It is a great day for the three of us. Being 16, 18 and 20 years of age, we have a lot of life in front of us. Never did we imagine that we would carry the responsibility, on our young shoulders, of representing the issues affecting over a million people.

As over a hundred members of Immigration Voice attend this exclusive briefing today, we will be sincerely representing everyone who could not be here to share the harsh realities of decade long green card backlogs. In the next two days, we will also get the opportunity to meet over 150 Congressional offices.

The weeks and months ahead are not going to be easy. We will need the collective voice and participation of every person who cares for this issue. This is an uphill task but together, we will persevere.

Thank you,
Anisha, Rajat and Rithvik
Young Volunteers, Immigration Voice

spicy_guy
03-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Young but responsible!

Greetings!

Today, we have been invited to attend a White House briefing for Immigration Voice. It is a great day for the three of us. Being 16, 18 and 20 years of age, we have a lot of life in front of us. Never did we imagine that we would carry the responsibility, on our young shoulders, of representing the issues affecting over a million people.

As over a hundred members of Immigration Voice attend this exclusive briefing today, we will be sincerely representing everyone who could not be here to share the harsh realities of decade long green card backlogs. In the next two days, we will also get the opportunity to meet over 150 Congressional offices.

The weeks and months ahead are not going to be easy. We will need the collective voice and participation of every person who cares for this issue. This is an uphill task but together, we will persevere.

Thank you,
Anisha, Rajat and Rithvik
Young Volunteers, Immigration Voice

Thank you all, guys!
We all wish you all good luck!

smiles
03-18-2013, 05:24 PM
A bunch of thanks to all the IV Volunteers !!

I've been checking IV updates on Facebook and those pictures are a treat to watch. I attended few bay area meetings last year, contributed towards organizing the San Jose rally and I can understand that these folks have sacrificed personal time, took vacation from their work and are contributing financially to this common cause!

Hats off to your guys and thanks again!!

somberi
03-18-2013, 06:14 PM
kudos to IV, especially for the great timing! we are having the advocacy day just as the contours of the bill are falling into place. cant wait to see the results

sage2006
03-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Tired but upbeat after two gruelling days of meetings highlighted by the amazing WH event. More details to follow once everyone has had a chance to take a breath :).

spicy_guy
03-19-2013, 05:13 PM
Can't thank IV core enough!
Lots of sacrifices, patience and on top of all relentless efforts.
You guys are just awesome and inspiration to all.

somberi
03-20-2013, 05:46 PM
we are waiting with bated breath for you guys to get a chance to take a breath :-) . cant wait to get the updates. How big was our group for the advocacy day? There were some coincidental developements from grassley and sessions around the same time. wondering if they are related. did the kids that went to WH get a chance to play dumbsharades (and spell Immigration Voice) with sasha and mallya? :-) just kidding

Tired but upbeat after two gruelling days of meetings highlighted by the amazing WH event. More details to follow once everyone has had a chance to take a breath :).

bsnf
03-21-2013, 09:29 AM
The quote I liked from the White House briefing "We got your back" :)

needhelp!
03-21-2013, 02:42 PM
Thank You IV... The team never fails to inspire. I had a great experience learning from you all. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this good cause again.

To all those watching and waiting for things to happen, I want to share what I read recently.

1) STAND UP NOW: This is not going to happen if you sit behind your desk reading the forums and typing at your keyboard. Congress is not going to come asking you what you want. Don't be afraid to stand up and make your voices heard. And not just through emails and phone calls.

2) SHOW UP: We need to show up wherever the lawmakers and their representatives are, locally, in DC, wherever. We need to show up by extending our support through contributions.

3) Finally, DON'T LEAVE. We may have to keep showing up for this, but we are not going to leave until our issue is resolved.

pd052011
03-21-2013, 03:20 PM
The quote I liked from the White House briefing "We got your back" :)

I liked that quote too.

Question to IV: How do I continue to contribute? Where can I find information on town hall events etc?

Kudos to IV on the logistics. As a first time volunteer, I am very impressed with IV's role in shaping the immigration debate.

pappu
03-21-2013, 04:35 PM
I liked that quote too.

Question to IV: How do I continue to contribute? Where can I find information on town hall events etc?

Kudos to IV on the logistics. As a first time volunteer, I am very impressed with IV's role in shaping the immigration debate.

You can sign up for monthly contributions/subscription, Use the contribute link above to sign up.

For attending future events like Town Halls etc, it is important that the member undergoes some kind of training. One should not go without preparation. The other day someone pointed me to a post of a member asking who is the senator of XYZ city to contact for service request. It just shows some of us do not even know the Senator, Congressman and that there is not a Senator of a city but each state has 2 Senators.

The best option is for everyone who attended advocacy days to lead in their state chapters and help others from the state by training them. If someone is interested they should contact IV and we will team with others in the state for training. After training, they will go prepared,meet , then come back with feedback from the meeting and IV will do a second follow up with the same office in DC.

greyhair
03-21-2013, 09:18 PM
Well said. Thanks needhelp!

Thank You IV... The team never fails to inspire. I had a great experience learning from you all. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this good cause again.

To all those watching and waiting for things to happen, I want to share what I read recently.

1) STAND UP NOW: This is not going to happen if you sit behind your desk reading the forums and typing at your keyboard. Congress is not going to come asking you what you want. Don't be afraid to stand up and make your voices heard. And not just through emails and phone calls.

2) SHOW UP: We need to show up wherever the lawmakers and their representatives are, locally, in DC, wherever. We need to show up by extending our support through contributions.

3) Finally, DON'T LEAVE. We may have to keep showing up for this, but we are not going to leave until our issue is resolved.

sage2006
03-23-2013, 04:46 PM
What a week!! More than 100 IV members attended over 200 congressional meetings last Monday and Tuesday. All the folks are still busy with various critical follow-up tasks with various offices and as everyone gets back to their routine and reflect over their experiences, I am sure there will be lots of posts, pictures on this thread.

After a thorough training session on Sunday, the mood was very upbeat. We had members from almost all 50 states (which by itself was a huge achievement) and in addition several members had traveled all the way with their families and kids. Kudos to them. The meetings started on monday morning 9 AM and the situation room was abuzz with everyone ensuring they had their schedules in place (everyone had 5-7 meetings lined up..it was going to be a busy day) and that they had the required materials for the meeting. By 8:30 several groups were already out the door heading towards Capitol Hill. The excitement was at an all time high. However throughout the day, along with the excitement of the Congressional meeting, what was at the back of everyone's mind was the big momentous event in the evening that we all had been waiting for.

The meetings for Monday were scheduled to end early since we had to be at an exclusive briefing at the White House. Our cameras started clicking at the entrance gate to the WH itself :). We made our way to the WH auditorium and once inside we couldn't help getting over-awed by the venue and realizing how far we had come. Here we were, a grass-roots group of professionals, going to be addressed by a panel comprising a top WH policy advisor, a USCIS official and other senior administration officials.

Three IV members were given the opportunity to share their testimony and each was very impressive and well received by the WH staff. Anisha, Rajat and Rithvik our young volunteers (who also sent out the IV newsletter the night before) did a very impressive job representing our issue of GC backlogs and the various provisions that would help eliminate them.

During Q&A, IV members covered almost each of our issues (increase in EB number, dependent/STEM exemption, per-country caps, visa recapture, H4 EAD, kids aging out etc etc) and the responses were very positive.

As stated above some key statements/feedback from the WH panel were "We hear you loud and clear" and "We got your back" with them adding that most of our provisions are already part of the WH outline and Senate draft..thanks to our advocacy over the years, and past 2 years in particular. What was also amusing was how the WH advisers kept stating our provisions verbatim :)..which showed the hard work of persistently going back to DC over the past 6 years is paying off. Another key takeway was when the admin officials highlighted the importance of our participating in the advocacy process and asked us to keep up the grass-roots momentum in the weeks to come.

This is my 6th visit to the Hill as part of Team IV and as always, I left with a sense of empowerment and fulfillment of having a chance to make our voices heard. Discussion on forums is good, but, only when you are inside those offices, do you understand, what really goes on vis-a-vis policy making and how easy/difficult it is to get a bill passed. And we also realize that debates and discussions on forums purely based on news articles is usually way off target.

On meeting up in the situation room after the meetings, a common reaction from first time attendees was - "we need more people to stand up", "why did we not do this before" and "I am so glad and fortunate to have taken this first step and come to DC".

Overall, feedback from the meetings was very positive but at the same time we must not lose focus. There is some tough work ahead of us to keep pushing and make sure our provisions are high on the agenda for immigration reform this year. Our timing was perfect since intense discussions on immigration legislation is going on and all offices (which are by now very familiar with IV and our provisions) appreciated all our feedback. Look out for several grass-root IV AIs in the coming days/weeks.

For the active day-to-day volunteers, it has to be reiterated that the WH visit was a joyous and emotional experience. The proudest moment was when the WH senior imm policy advisor thanked IV for our efforts on the Hill and specifically called out Aman for his leadership and persistent efforts on high-skilled immigration reform. It was a truly memorable moment.

unluckydude
03-23-2013, 09:37 PM
What a week!! More than 100 IV members attended over 200 congressional meetings last Monday and Tuesday. All the folks are still busy with various critical follow-up tasks with various offices and as everyone gets back to their routine and reflect over their experiences, I am sure there will be lots of posts, pictures on this thread.

After a thorough training session on Sunday, the mood was very upbeat. We had members from almost all 50 states (which by itself was a huge achievement) and in addition several members had traveled all the way with their families and kids. Kudos to them. The meetings started on monday morning 9 AM and the situation room was abuzz with everyone ensuring they had their schedules in place (everyone had 5-7 meetings lined up..it was going to be a busy day) and that they had the required materials for the meeting. By 8:30 several groups were already out the door heading towards Capitol Hill. The excitement was at an all time high. However throughout the day, along with the excitement of the Congressional meeting, what was at the back of everyone's mind was the big momentous event in the evening that we all had been waiting for.

The meetings for Monday were scheduled to end early since we had to be at an exclusive briefing at the White House. Our cameras started clicking at the entrance gate to the WH itself :). We made our way to the WH auditorium and once inside we couldn't help getting over-awed by the venue and realizing how far we had come. Here we were, a grass-roots group of professionals, going to be addressed by a panel comprising a top WH policy advisor, a USCIS official and other senior administration officials.

Three IV members were given the opportunity to share their testimony and each was very impressive and well received by the WH staff. Anisha, Rajat and Rithvik our young volunteers (who also sent out the IV newsletter the night before) did a very impressive job representing our issue of GC backlogs and the various provisions that would help eliminate them.

During Q&A, IV members covered almost each of our issues (increase in EB number, dependent/STEM exemption, per-country caps, visa recapture, H4 EAD, kids aging out etc etc) and the responses were very positive.

As stated above some key statements/feedback from the WH panel were "We hear you loud and clear" and "We got your back" with them adding that most of our provisions are already part of the WH outline and Senate draft..thanks to our advocacy over the years, and past 2 years in particular. What was also amusing was how the WH advisers kept stating our provisions verbatim :)..which showed the hard work of persistently going back to DC over the past 6 years is paying off. Another key takeway was when the admin officials highlighted the importance of our participating in the advocacy process and asked us to keep up the grass-roots momentum in the weeks to come.

This is my 6th visit to the Hill as part of Team IV and as always, I left with a sense of empowerment and fulfillment of having a chance to make our voices heard. Discussion on forums is good, but, only when you are inside those offices, do you understand, what really goes on vis-a-vis policy making and how easy/difficult it is to get a bill passed. And we also realize that debates and discussions on forums purely based on news articles is usually way off target.

On meeting up in the situation room after the meetings, a common reaction from first time attendees was - "we need more people to stand up", "why did we not do this before" and "I am so glad and fortunate to have taken this first step and come to DC".

Overall, feedback from the meetings was very positive but at the same time we must not lose focus. There is some tough work ahead of us to keep pushing and make sure our provisions are high on the agenda for immigration reform this year. Our timing was perfect since intense discussions on immigration legislation is going on and all offices (which are by now very familiar with IV and our provisions) appreciated all our feedback. Look out for several grass-root IV AIs in the coming days/weeks.

For the active day-to-day volunteers, it has to be reiterated that the WH visit was a joyous and emotional experience. The proudest moment was when the WH senior imm policy advisor thanked IV for our efforts on the Hill and specifically called out Aman for his leadership and persistent efforts on high-skilled immigration reform. It was a truly memorable moment.

Congratulations and best wishes for everyone to achieve this goal. A big thank you for taking time on behalf of thousands of others. You all make us proud.

Together we will prevail.

Prasad_FL
03-24-2013, 04:13 PM
I have very good feeling after attending the Advocacy meetings. IV is spending a lot of time for our cause. Thanks a lot for their efforts & time.

sage2006
03-25-2013, 01:44 PM
Check out some pics on the IV Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/ImmigrationVoice

White House Briefing Album (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.501534136579482.1073741826.243363639063201&type=1&l=0c7977006d)

forever_waiting
03-26-2013, 12:09 AM
IV advocacy day is always a unique experience and it was no less this time.
Where can one start...The dedicated volunteers who take time out of their schedules to work selflessly on OUR behalf, the professional manner in which the training day is conducted and the intense efforts of IV core to keep intense lobbying efforts ongoing in DC....all are testament to how I-WE is now a grass-roots force to reckon with.
What was really wonderful was to see how many volunteers already have their GCs but are still coming all the way to work on behalf of the community. Bravo! to such people. Makes me think that if GC holders can take time off work and slog on our behalf..what the heck are we folks stuck in the backlogs waiting for??
All my meetings went really well...there is lot of excitement for CIR but everyone (including our group) recognizes that it is going to be quite an uphill fight which requires everyone here to step up. White House event was the icing on the cake. Again shows how strong and effective IV core's efforts have been. Getting the respect of senior officials in the top office in the country is no small task. I will always savor the memories of visiting the white house not for sight-seeing but for a true cause that impacts every one of us deeply.
For those of you who have not got an opportunity to visit DC so far...take my advise and grab at the opportunity when it comes up next. You will cherish it for the rest of your life.

somberi
03-27-2013, 12:12 PM

btw, what was the response to those questions asked - especially things like H4 EAD, where the rulemaking seems to have gotten delayed beyond the usuall timelines..

imh1b
03-27-2013, 12:35 PM
btw, what was the response to those questions asked - especially things like H4 EAD, where the rulemaking seems to have gotten delayed beyond the usuall timelines..

We should not have asked these H4 questions. Asking H4 question is like asking government to premium process Perm Labor. It takes away focus from the main topic of backlogs. If the backlogs are gone, a lot of such small problems will be gone. We should look at the big picture and not pick small issue like this because it is important to few people. Talking more about it distracts from backlog work. There is enough update on another website if you want another update. They keep posting updates so that people copy paste more on other websites and make business popular.

imh1b
03-27-2013, 12:36 PM
I saw pictures on facebook. Kudos to IV.

AcuraTSX
03-27-2013, 03:18 PM
We should not have asked these H4 questions. Asking H4 question is like asking government to premium process Perm Labor. It takes away focus from the main topic of backlogs. If the backlogs are gone, a lot of such small problems will be gone. We should look at the big picture and not pick small issue like this because it is important to few people. Talking more about it distracts from backlog work. There is enough update on another website if you want another update. They keep posting updates so that people copy paste more on other websites and make business popular.
I agree. We will miss out on the big picture if we try to narrow our focus on individual items.

somberi
03-27-2013, 03:37 PM
how does our discussing anything take away any focus, especially when the senate is in recess and there is no current action item to focus on? I asked for what information was provided in the event already past. note that I didnt ask for anyone to pursue anything new or start a new action item, just for information already provided. You may be (rightly to you) interested only in backlogs, but It may not be the only thing of interest to others. a donor member who was at the event posted that questions were answered about various topics (obviously because those topics were deemed important enough)and Im asking what the answers were... Either he or someone of authority will answer in due course.

longwait4gc
03-27-2013, 08:53 PM
how does our discussing anything take away any focus, especially when the senate is in recess and there is no current action item to focus on? I asked for what information was provided in the event already past. note that I didnt ask for anyone to pursue anything new or start a new action item, just for information already provided. You may be (rightly to you) interested only in backlogs, but It may not be the only thing of interest to others. a donor member who was at the event posted that questions were answered about various topics (obviously because those topics were deemed important enough)and Im asking what the answers were... Either he or someone of authority will answer in due course.
I am also interested in this information. Did they talk about EAD for H4? Any one who attended the advocacy day please let us know about the details.

greyhair
03-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Thank you everyone who traveled from across the country to represent us in DC. You are all amazing. Please ignore and overlook these comments from a few folks who only seek updates. Even if some people post thankless messages, please know that there are a lot of people who care for your work for all of us.

Let me also say that although I understand that temporary work permit gives little bit of temporary security to H-4 spouse.

As Benjamin Franklin said - "People willing to trade their permanent freedom for temporary security, deserve neither".

Freedom comes from getting green card. As long as green card backlog is the primary focus, itís all good.

EB immigration is not the only kind of immigration. Immigration is a complex subject. There is only so much of oxygen and face time for high-skilled issues. And its concerning that there is new emphasis on this side issue of "spouses of H1B" that it is starting to suck out significant oxygen from primary issue of green card backlog. If people can get green cards in 1-2 years, "H1B spouse" issue will get minimized.

When undocumented group is talking about citizenship, instead of focusing most of the energies on fast green cards for high-skilled, much of the recent energy on the high-skilled side is being spent on "work permits for H-4 spouses".

Agree, itís important for those who don't have work permits. But this is a symptom of a bigger problem which is green card backlogs. If people can get green cards quickly, folks will have minimum or no desire for H-4 work permits. Talking about this issue will help as long as the pitch is focused on highlighting this as a symptom of a bigger problem - backlogs. As soon as the pitch of ďwork permits for H-4 spouses" becomes a primary/competing issue, it dilutes the bigger message of fixing green card backlogs.

Lawyers and employers have interest in talking about H-4 work permit. They want us to be on H1-B visa. That way, lawyers make more money, and employers can exploit us longer. Lets be smart about what we ask.

sage2006
03-28-2013, 12:08 AM
The proposals and provisions we have outlined during our meetings with lawmakers as well as with the White House have been carefully thought out and constructed. These are not like the random lists that appear on some of the online petitions that occassionally do the rounds.
Regarding any one provision becoming the highlight, well apart from the few posts above, none of the actual advocacy participants have indicated anything to this effect.
For us every provision is important and because of our reasonable and logical proposals, each has been positively accepted with equal weight by all the key offices. Of course, backlog removal is the core of any high-skilled immigration reform. However, we should also stay focused on other admin or legal fixes that would bring relief to the community in the long run. Immigration reform is not a laundry list where we pick and choose what we want. We are part of a large and complex puzzle where all we can do is play our part and ensure all our provisions are at the top of the agenda.
Our provisions and the messaging around it are well outlined and clear. What we really need is people stepping up, spreading awareness about advocacy, and participating in grass-roots events such as the recently concluded advocacy days and upcoming future AIs.

gk_2000
03-28-2013, 01:30 AM
As Benjamin Franklin said - "People willing to trade their permanent freedom for temporary security, deserve neither".

:-)) Appreciate your very apt comment there hahaha

sunny2007
03-28-2013, 01:31 AM
Thank you everyone who traveled from across the country to represent us in DC. You are all amazing. Please ignore and overlook these comments from a few folks who only seek updates. Even if some people post thankless messages, please know that there are a lot of people who care for your work for all of us.

Let me also say that although I understand that temporary work permit gives little bit of temporary security to H-4 spouse.

Freedom comes from getting green card. As long as green card backlog is the primary focus, itís all good.

EB immigration is not the only kind of immigration. Immigration is a complex subject. There is only so much of oxygen and face time for high-skilled issues. And its concerning that there is new emphasis on this side issue of "spouses of H1B" that it is starting to suck out significant oxygen from primary issue of green card backlog. If people can get green cards in 1-2 years, "H1B spouse" issue will get minimized.

When undocumented group is talking about citizenship, instead of focusing most of the energies on fast green cards for high-skilled, much of the recent energy on the high-skilled side is being spent on "work permits for H-4 spouses".

Agree, itís important for those who don't have work permits. But this is a symptom of a bigger problem which is green card backlogs. If people can get green cards quickly, folks will have minimum or no desire for H-4 work permits. Talking about this issue will help as long as the pitch is focused on highlighting this as a symptom of a bigger problem - backlogs. As soon as the pitch of ďwork permits for H-4 spouses" becomes a primary/competing issue, it dilutes the bigger message of fixing green card backlogs.

Lawyers and employers have interest in talking about H-4 work permit. They want us to be on H1-B visa. That way, lawyers make more money, and employers can exploit us longer. Lets be smart about what we ask. I disagree on your thought process on EAD for H1B Spouse. Not everyone on H1 is interested to apply for GC , so spouses of H1 need an EAD, similar to L1 spouse, period.

For people like us, we need some help in backlog reduction by Visa recapture or removal of country caps or increase country cap or increase the employment GC to say 250k per year or dependent GC shouldn't be counted against EB count or if someone is waiting for GC for more than 10 years..give them GC automatically :)

Or change the spillover vertically instead of horizontally based on backlogs in the earliest year ( Meaning clear backlogs for priority date in 2002 in EB1 , EB2, EB3 irrespective of country cap , then go after 2003........so on)

I know numbersusa guys will dislike my post. Ha Ha Ha.

longwait4gc
03-28-2013, 02:55 AM
The proposals and provisions we have outlined during our meetings with lawmakers as well as with the White House have been carefully thought out and constructed. These are not like the random lists that appear on some of the online petitions that occassionally do the rounds.
Regarding any one provision becoming the highlight, well apart from the few posts above, none of the actual advocacy participants have indicated anything to this effect.
For us every provision is important and because of our reasonable and logical proposals, each has been positively accepted with equal weight by all the key offices. Of course, backlog removal is the core of any high-skilled immigration reform. However, we should also stay focused on other admin or legal fixes that would bring relief to the community in the long run. Immigration reform is not a laundry list where we pick and choose what we want. We are part of a large and complex puzzle where all we can do is play our part and ensure all our provisions are at the top of the agenda.
Our provisions and the messaging around it are well outlined and clear. What we really need is people stepping up, spreading awareness about advocacy, and participating in grass-roots events such as the recently concluded advocacy days and upcoming future AIs.
Thanks for the information. I agree with you we should also stay focused on admin or legal fixes. If you cannot share or don't have status to share on any particular item then nicely expressing it like you did won't alienate people.
But recently any time any one writes(asking status or says something supportive) about EAD for H4 lot of IV members are taking aggressive stance against them as if the requester is an anti immigrant trying to sabotage CIR. This discourages people from participating in IV.

Again we thank all the of you who took personal time off to represent us.

waitingnwaiting
03-28-2013, 07:31 AM
I disagree on your thought process on EAD for H1B Spouse. Not everyone on H1 is interested to apply for GC , so spouses of H1 need an EAD, similar to L1 spouse, period.

For people like us, we need some help in backlog reduction by Visa recapture or removal of country caps or increase country cap or increase the employment GC to say 250k per year or dependent GC shouldn't be counted against EB count or if someone is waiting for GC for more than 10 years..give them GC automatically :)

Or change the spillover vertically instead of horizontally based on backlogs in the earliest year ( Meaning clear backlogs for priority date in 2002 in EB1 , EB2, EB3 irrespective of country cap , then go after 2003........so on)

I know numbersusa guys will dislike my post. Ha Ha Ha.

Don't forget our brothers on student F1 visas. Spouses on F2 visas are not allowed to work. They do not want greencard. If these H1s who do not want greencards and are not contributing members are getting a gift why not our brothers on F1? Can we add them too?

waitingnwaiting
03-28-2013, 07:38 AM
I did not ask about trading one for the other. Right now, this thread is all about patting each other on the back, kudos, sharing pretty pictures, giving thanks and in some cases downright psycophancy. Green cards don't give you permanent freedom either. Citizenship and the right attitude definitely will.

There was one mention of something concrete being discussed but I guess asking for information about that was too much to ask for. We could have saved a lot of breath by just sticking to answering the question instead of going back and forth and focussing on losing focus.

How can we only focus on citizenship? There are so many issues in immigration and each is unique to the person? I am confused about your comment on right attitude. Are you not happy when people appreciate someone doing hard work for all of us? Hundreds of people went DC on their own money, many donated for it. Did you go? Did you contribute? So why preaching right attitude and getting annoyed with appreciation? Don't you like what IV guys are doing?

greyhair
03-28-2013, 08:09 AM
But recently any time any one writes(asking status or says something supportive) about EAD for H4 lot of IV members are taking aggressive stance against them as if the requester is an anti immigrant trying to sabotage CIR. This discourages people from participating in IV.

"Discourages people from participating"? Wow. So what were you doing anyways that you will stop doing? The only thing I see you do is ask something for yourself and the disappear. And if you are threatening to stop asking for something for youself - then please be my guest, do me a favor and stop asking for stuff. Adios

greyhair
03-28-2013, 08:22 AM
I did not ask about trading one for the other. Right now, this thread is all about patting each other on the back, kudos, sharing pretty pictures, giving thanks and in some cases downright psycophancy. Green cards don't give you permanent freedom either. Citizenship and the right attitude definitely will.

There was one mention of something concrete being discussed but I guess asking for information about that was too much to ask for. We could have saved a lot of breath by just sticking to answering the question instead of going back and forth and focussing on losing focus.

20 something year old kid will not understand the value in thanking others who took 3 days away from family and work, spend over $1000 to advocate for someone like tobget EAD card. Is there a need to have a thread to Thank these people andbpat their back? Absolutely. Is this the right attitude? Without a doubt. Are there other threads on the internet where you can spit your disdain for positive attitude? No question about it. Then why the hell do you have to poop all over here?

Yes, if you have not done anything to change your condition, asking others to work on uour behalf is definitely too much to ask. No one here is answerable to you. Your demand for sticking to answering your question is childish and it shows your level of maturity.

longwait4gc
03-28-2013, 12:23 PM
"Discourages people from participating"? Wow. So what were you doing anyways that you will stop doing? The only thing I see you do is ask something for yourself and the disappear. And if you are threatening to stop asking for something for youself - then please be my guest, do me a favor and stop asking for stuff. Adios

There are lot of H4's who visit this website. Instead of recruiting them to fight for the immigration cause lot of members like you insult them with comments and tell them EAD for H4 is not important.

Don't ask me to leave this place. I didn't ask any thing wrong. If I asked anything wrong one of the moderators will tell me to stop. If you dont want to read my comments or comments from people like me then you know what to do :).

greyhair
03-28-2013, 01:37 PM
There are lot of H4's who visit this website. Instead of recruiting them to fight for the immigration cause lot of members like you insult them with comments and tell them EAD for H4 is not important.

Don't ask me to leave this place. I didn't ask any thing wrong. If I asked anything wrong one of the moderators will tell me to stop. If you dont want to read my comments or comments from people like me then you know what to do :).

You are saying - Give H4 spouses EAD

I am saying - Give H4 spouses Green Cards

Which is better?

Undocumented are asking for Citizenship, can we at least ask for provisions so that everyone gets their Green Cards in 1-2 years? Anyone would want EAD if someone is in pending green card status for long time and if people don't see anything for 10-20 years. But when CIR is happening, we should not spend 95% energy on EAD cards and 5% of Green Cards. It should be the other way around where most energy is spent on Green Cards. Would it not be a disaster if we just ask for EAD cards in CIR and that is all we get?

CIR will contain EAD for H-4 spouses. Rather than asking over and over again "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD"....... "will H-4 spouses get EAD".....

Is it not prudent to ask, what can we do to help with CIR?

And I'm not insulting anyone, you asked question, and I asked you back question? How is that "insulting" to anyone?

If anyone works on this, you are not doing me a favor. The only favor you are doing is to yourself. For me, you can very well get lost, I don't care. So stop giving me this crap about "if I ask you a question then I must be insulting everyone on H-4". That's totally absurd.

Flyingcrow
03-28-2013, 01:41 PM

I would like to point out a small correction, H4 or F1s or whatever Visa, everyone is free to participate, whenever there is a call for action. All that is required is the will and self-commitment, everything else is hogwash. And there are indeed H4 folks who are actively contributing. So I would not accept your above comments. Request you all passive forum readers, to pitch in if you can, rather than sitting back and crying foul.

longwait4gc
03-28-2013, 02:51 PM
CIR will contain EAD for H-4 spouses. Rather than asking over and over again "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD"....... "will H-4 spouses get EAD".....
For me, you can very well get lost, I don't care.
Exactly thats what I am saying dont take aggressive stance against people who are talking about EAD for H4. You pasted the same sentence several times to make it sound annoying.
We will definitely stop asking this if IV says it not IV agenda any more.
As for CIR, I hope it happens but until then a interim relief will also help.

waitingnwaiting
03-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Exactly thats what I am saying dont take aggressive stance against people who are talking about EAD for H4. You pasted the same sentence several times to make it sound annoying.
We will definitely stop asking this if IV says it not IV agenda any more.
As for CIR, I hope it happens but until then a interim relief will also help.

Since everyone is talking about interim relief, I want to pitch in and suggest 4 more to be added to the list before CIR is passed.

Allow everyone to file I-485 when dates are not current
Abolish 221G
Ban Consulting
Or just move EB3I dates by 5 years.

IV Can this be done?

chtummala
03-28-2013, 03:29 PM

hmm members are not against them .. IV and Lot of members are mainly focused on GC back log ..
few people were irritating others about H4 EAD while main focus is on GC .you could check them in other threads..
and proposed H4 EAD is still in pending in OMB and if it become regulation ..
only people with 140 cleared and waiting for PD to current .. and used AC21 act to extend h1 b are eligible for this H4 EAD ..

chtummala
03-28-2013, 03:33 PM
Since everyone is talking about interim relief, I want to pitch in and suggest 4 more to be added to the list before CIR is passed.

Abolish 221G
Ban Consulting
Or just move EB3I dates by 5 years.

IV Can this be done?
very unlikely to done ..
-------
Allow everyone to file I-485 when dates are not current
this one could be possible ..

somberi
03-28-2013, 05:30 PM
GreyHair,

What I take exception to is your statement :

Originally Posted by greyhair View Post

I am just pointing out to you that your own beloved green card is not permanent freedom either and is also only temporary security. Therefore by your own words, you deserve neither! There, How does it feel to have some of your own 'poop' (yoir words, not mine) shoved back in your face !

Dont squat on these forums and pass judgement on what is or is not important to others and who is or is not deserving of something. Let us either get information or guidance (to the contrary) from the relevant authoritative sources or be ignored. Dont muddy the water and soil the air with your opinions here. you are not helping anyone focus on anything. You are only irritating everybody and bringing the negative undercurrents to the surface.

20 something year old kid will not understand the value in thanking others who took 3 days away from family and work, spend over $1000 to advocate for someone like tobget EAD card. Is there a need to have a thread to Thank these people andbpat their back? Absolutely. Is this the right attitude? Without a doubt. Are there other threads on the internet where you can spit your disdain for positive attitude? No question about it. Then why the hell do you have to poop all over here?

Yes, if you have not done anything to change your condition, asking others to work on uour behalf is definitely too much to ask. No one here is answerable to you. Your demand for sticking to answering your question is childish and it shows your level of maturity.

GCHope2011
03-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Kudos to all those who made it to Washington DC for the advocacy event. And to those who contributed to it in terms of time, money or both in helping organize it. You are the real participants and drivers of this process.

Harsh as it may sound - the rest are just armchair activists (or keyboard ninjas). You think you are participating and contributing your valuable thoughts. But you are not. Your ideas are not unique - others who are really participating already have those ideas and more. And you are doing no one any favor by asking questions or demanding answers. You are not invested in this process a bit, and are not entitled to demand answers.

I am not saying all this lightly. Once you participate in this process, you will develop a much deeper and nuanced understanding of how the legislative process really works and how best to work the system. And then you will realize what the folks with advocacy experience are saying about the big needs vs narrow demands.

longwait4gc
03-28-2013, 10:09 PM
Harsh as it may sound - the rest are just armchair activists (or keyboard ninjas). You think you are participating and contributing your valuable thoughts. But you are not. Your ideas are not unique - others who are really participating already have those ideas and more. And you are doing no one any favor by asking questions or demanding answers. You are not invested in this process a bit, and are not entitled to demand answers.

No one is demanding answers. We requesting information and you can choose not to answer.
No one is arm chair critic here and no one is giving any thoughts. I was a monthly contributor until recently and I motivated several of my friends to contribute financially. You don't have to be harsh on people.