PDA

View Full Version : Please help us figure this out :-(

jguerrero0705
02-26-2013, 03:12 PM
My husband came here from Mexico 15 years ago. He paid a coyote to drive him across the border. They stopped at the border, the officer looked at some paperwork and waved them across.
We have been married for 7 years and have two small children. I was born in the United States. In November, my husband was granted a work visa finally moving him into a legal status. Our lawyer filed a I-485 and it was recently denied because of INA 245(a) and 245 (i)(1). We were devestated.
Our lawyer wants us to file an appeal even though on the notice it says that 'There is no appeal of this decision". She says that they didn't look at the case law that she was presenting and we can file an appeal. It will cost us another $1200 (that we really don't have) and we have to make a decision by March 12th.
What do we do? My husband and I talked about just waiting until Obama signs some sort of legislation but our lawyer says (1) he may do nothing and (2) it will cost us more than filing an appeal. However we are afraid that we spend this money, get denied again and have to spend even more.
My husband has been doing everything right; filing taxes since we have been married, never had any run-ins with the law and speaks/understands English.
What do we do? I am so confused, hurt and just feel like giving up :-( Thank you all in advance for all the advice.

carithomas5141
05-21-2013, 05:04 AM
Hello,

In my opinion you should take help from a good law attorney to handle this situation.

Thanks...