PDA

View Full Version : Employement agreement - Please help

greencard_fever
02-22-2013, 09:47 AM
Hello All,

Thank you IV for being there to help the immigrant community when needed.

I am have a few question which I seeking help from gurus/experts.

I am on green card and working for a client through a desi employer who found my résumé online and submitted to his prime vendor, When client wants me to join the project after few technical rounds prime vendor offered me to join them directelly on W2, but Since this desi employer initially sent my résumé so though to be loyal with him and want to work for him for 6 months and then move on to prime vendor, regarding this I discussed with desi employer and he was ok with it initially, but now he is not letting me go and prime vendor is not willing to take me unless I get release email from desi employee.

When I joined desi employer I signed the offer letter in which i strike off the employement duration terms I did this because I we agreed only for 6 months and he was ok with that but now he is not giving me release and taking good portion of billing for more then a year now.

Gurus how I can get this desi employer out and go to vendor so that I get what I deserve?:confused::confused::confused:

Thank you all in advance.

waitingnwaiting
02-22-2013, 10:37 AM
I do not understand why you agreed to work for 6 months in the first place. Looks like you are living in a state of denial even though you had green card. It takes time for some who are used to this system. Move on buddy. You are nobody's lap dog.

MK1981
02-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Make sure that the client needs you (which I am sure he does), talk to him about your concern & tell the preferred vendor that I will change the proj if you don't support.. I have contacts with other vendors who are willing to hire me & I have made understanding with the Client I am changing employer.. trust me bro.. if you have a proj you are the big daddy in this consulting business.. no offenses to anyone who disagrees but this is a fact.. about desi guy.. tell him that you will give him 2 dollars every hour for next 6 months he will dance for you.. trust me on that...

Or tell the vendor to give him 2 dollars... which he can... he must be minting money on you...

snthampi
02-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Hello All,

Thank you IV for being there to help the immigrant community when needed.

I am have a few question which I seeking help from gurus/experts.

I am on green card and working for a client through a desi employer who found my résumé online and submitted to his prime vendor, When client wants me to join the project after few technical rounds prime vendor offered me to join them directelly on W2, but Since this desi employer initially sent my résumé so though to be loyal with him and want to work for him for 6 months and then move on to prime vendor, regarding this I discussed with desi employer and he was ok with it initially, but now he is not letting me go and prime vendor is not willing to take me unless I get release email from desi employee.

When I joined desi employer I signed the offer letter in which i strike off the employement duration terms I did this because I we agreed only for 6 months and he was ok with that but now he is not giving me release and taking good portion of billing for more then a year now.

Gurus how I can get this desi employer out and go to vendor so that I get what I deserve?:confused::confused::confused:

Thank you all in advance.

If the prime vendor is not willing, then not much you can do other than finding ways to pressure your desi employer. Why don't you look for another position elsewhere instead of wasting your time with this crook? Remember, everyday hour you work, you are making money for this garbage who is screwing you up!

pd052009
02-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Ditch them both and move on wither another offer.

MahaBharatGC
02-22-2013, 02:03 PM
First of all, I myself suffered these issues in the past. We understand that everyone is here to make money. So, being a preferred vendor to client they control whom they bring. Now since they cannot get every candidate they will have their own sub-vendors like these desi companies.
I am assuming, you have a rate in mind or salary figure. it does not matter with whom you work for as long as you get yours. So, work out if Desi emp if they are willing to give what you need. Otherwise resign from them. Make sure you talk to your client on the possible departure for another project.

Flyingcrow
02-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Report the Desi Company to DOL, that will be the end of it.

Flyingcrow
02-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Ditch them both and move on wither another offer.

Mr.PD, why are you collecting information outside IV? (Regarding your signature with the email id requesting people to mail with iv info)

pappu
02-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Report the Desi Company to DOL, that will be the end of it.

This is no brainier for every immigrant who is high skilled, well educated. If it was some undocumented illiterate it could be understood and forgiven. But whenever someone posts about employers or lawyers and that they cannot do anything about it, it is simply irritating. In this world if you are weak and vulnerable the other person will take advantage. It is not about just green card but every part of life. People on IV should have better awareness and self confidence. Instead of wasting time on signing junk petitions, spillover, tracking , and predictions, or fighting if they spend time making themselves aware of their rights, they will fare well. This is why I sometimes feel these folks brought it upon themselves. Why does a person sign some agreement like that? Why are they stuck with the same employer? Why do they accept when a lawyer screws their application or delays? Why do they get scared if they get a legal notice for no fault of theirs...

This community will continue to suffer in backlogs and exploitation unless we learn to stand up for ourselves. The rally in San Jose last year or the advocacy day next month are opportunities for each one of us to learn to stand up for ourselves. If someone does not participate than it is their fault and they should not complain.