PDA

View Full Version : I-140 approved, trying to change job

lobo
01-30-2013, 03:52 PM
I have an approved I-140, and currently am waiting for my PD to be current (July 2009). Also, I have one more year left in my H-1B extension. If I find a new job which is also in the same field and the new employer is willing to sponsor, what would happen to my GC process?
Does the new employer have to go through the PERM and I-140 process again?
What if my current employer revokes my I-140 after I leave, can I still port the PD?

Thanks!

tracka
01-30-2013, 04:01 PM
I have an approved I-140, and currently am waiting for my PD to be current (July 2009). Also, I have one more year left in my H-1B extension. If I find a new job which is also in the same field and the new employer is willing to sponsor, what would happen to my GC process?
Does the new employer have to go through the PERM and I-140 process again?
What if my current employer revokes my I-140 after I leave, can I still port the PD?

Thanks!
Wait until CIR passes or fails. If you switch now, you will have to go thru the pain of filing PERM, 140 gain and it may take another year for you to complete. In between if your PD becomes current, you still cannot apply until your new I-140 get approved. Yes you can port your PD as once 140 approved the PD stays with you. Try to get a copy of 140 from employer and keep with you.

pappu
01-30-2013, 04:25 PM
If employer revokes 140, you cannot port priority or extend H1B.

lobo
01-31-2013, 03:52 PM
Thanks for your helpful answers.
I am currently a EB3. Here's my question. After I change job and port my PD, and by the time the new employer files for PERM and 140 again for me, I may be eligible to file as EB2. Does that help my GC process?

Thanks again.

tracka
01-31-2013, 04:07 PM
Thanks for your helpful answers.
I am currently a EB3. Here's my question. After I change job and port my PD, and by the time the new employer files for PERM and 140 again for me, I may be eligible to file as EB2. Does that help my GC process?

Thanks again.

Wait 2-3 months and see where the CIR is heading, if CIR passes, All existing backlog will be cleared and you will get your GC without the pain of going thru another Perm + 140 etc.

ronhira
02-05-2013, 07:23 AM
cir will take 8-10 months..... if i were u, i would not plan things around cir happening..... congress has the reputation of not passing good bills.....