PDA

View Full Version : What Type of Visa?

xanderxerxes
01-30-2013, 01:14 AM
Hi everyone,

I hope somebody can give me advise on this. Let's say I have family member in the US that I'm planning to visit and her place is coincidentally located near an art convention that I want to be a part of (ie rent a booth and exhibit)... Do I need a Work Visa or is Visitor Visa enough? Thanks for any help you can give. thanks

sanju_dba
01-30-2013, 09:01 AM
Hi everyone,

I hope somebody can give me advise on this. Let's say I have family member in the US that I'm planning to visit and her place is coincidentally located near an art convention that I want to be a part of (ie rent a booth and exhibit)... Do I need a Work Visa or is Visitor Visa enough? Thanks for any help you can give. thanks

Visitor visa is not allowed to work. You need work visa to work for an employer and only to that employer. If renting booth requires background check etc, you need SSN which is not given to visitor. If you want to be part of the exhibit, ask your US family member to rent a booth, and you can do volunteering provided there is no need for a background check. Hope this helps.

gc_check
01-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Hi everyone,

Check with USA Consular in your country or State department what are your option to participate in an art convention and they might provide information if there is any option.