PDA

View Full Version : White House outline of Reform: Fixing our Broken Immigration System

Administrator2
01-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Here are the key principles the President believes should be included in commonsense immigration reform directly related to high skilled immigration:

Cut Red Tape for Employers. The proposal also eliminates the backlog for employment-sponsored immigration by eliminating annual country caps and adding additional visas to the system. Outdated legal immigration programs are reformed to meet current and future demands by exempting certain categories from annual visa limitations.

"Staple" green cards to advanced STEM diplomas. The proposal encourages foreign graduate students educated in the United States to stay here and contribute to our economy by "stapling" a green card to the diplomas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) PhD and Master’s Degree graduates from qualified U.S. universities who have found employment in the United States. It also requires employers to pay a fee that will support education and training to grow the next generation of American workers in STEM careers.

Create a "startup visa" for job-creating entrepreneurs. The proposal allows foreign entrepreneurs who attract financing from U.S. investors or revenue from U.S. customers to start and grow their businesses in the United States, and to remain permanently if their companies grow further, create jobs for American workers, and strengthen our economy.

spicy_guy
01-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Here are the key principles the President believes should be included in commonsense immigration reform directly related to high skilled immigration:

Cut Red Tape for Employers. The proposal also eliminates the backlog for employment-sponsored immigration by eliminating annual country caps and adding additional visas to the system. Outdated legal immigration programs are reformed to meet current and future demands by exempting certain categories from annual visa limitations.

"Staple" green cards to advanced STEM diplomas. The proposal encourages foreign graduate students educated in the United States to stay here and contribute to our economy by "stapling" a green card to the diplomas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) PhD and Master’s Degree graduates from qualified U.S. universities who have found employment in the United States. It also requires employers to pay a fee that will support education and training to grow the next generation of American workers in STEM careers.

Create a "startup visa" for job-creating entrepreneurs. The proposal allows foreign entrepreneurs who attract financing from U.S. investors or revenue from U.S. customers to start and grow their businesses in the United States, and to remain permanently if their companies grow further, create jobs for American workers, and strengthen our economy.

Thanks.

Would be a good addition... Visa recapture, etc and other major items that have been discussed on IV forums.

Lets see how this unfolds.

helpisontheway
01-29-2013, 03:09 PM
The White House has done nothing in the Last 4 years to address even minor fixes to Legal System.

Squishy, squishy, squashy.
Give your hands a-washy....

unluckydude
01-29-2013, 03:10 PM
Great news. Now there are 3 different versions - this WH version, Schumer/Mccain and team's version and Hatch/Rubio and his team's version.

I hope they all get together and do something good.

spicy_guy
01-29-2013, 03:11 PM
Great news. Now there are 3 different versions - this WH version, Schumer/Mccain and team's version and Hatch/Rubio and his team's version.

I hope they all get together and do something good.

How about telling them to use svn merge command? :D

gk_2000
01-29-2013, 03:16 PM
How about telling them to use svn merge command? :D

svn_merge ? they will go mad! :o

spicy_guy
01-29-2013, 03:29 PM
svn_merge ? they will go mad! :o

Probably because too many conflicts :eek:

CKR
01-29-2013, 03:30 PM
Streamlining Legal Immigration

Keep Families Together. The proposal seeks to eliminate existing backlogs in the family-sponsored immigration system by recapturing unused visas and temporarily increasing annual visa numbers. The proposal also raises existing annual country caps from 7 percent to 15 percent for the family-sponsored immigration system. It also treats same-sex families as families by giving U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents the ability to seek a visa on the basis of a permanent relationship with a same-sex partner. The proposal also revises current unlawful presence bars and provides broader discretion to waive bars in cases of hardship.

Enhance travel and tourism. The Administration is committed to increasing U.S. travel and tourism by facilitating legitimate travel while maintaining our nation’s security. Consistent with the President’s Executive Order on travel and tourism, the President’s proposal securely streamlines visa and foreign visitor processing. It also strengthens law enforcement cooperation while maintaining the program’s robust counterterrorism and criminal information sharing initiatives. It facilitates more efficient travel by allowing greater flexibility to designate countries for participation in the Visa Waiver Program, which allows citizens of designated countries to visit the United States without obtaining a visa. And finally it permits the State Department to waive interview requirements for certain very low-risk visa applicants, permitting resources to be focused on higher risk applicants and creates a pilot for premium visa processing.

“Staple” green cards to advanced STEM diplomas. The proposal encourages foreign graduate students educated in the United States to stay here and contribute to our economy by “stapling” a green card to the diplomas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) PhD and Master’s Degree graduates from qualified U.S. universities who have found employment in the United States. It also requires employers to pay a fee that will support education and training to grow the next generation of American workers in STEM careers.

Create a “startup visa” for job-creating entrepreneurs. The proposal allows foreign entrepreneurs who attract financing from U.S. investors or revenue from U.S. customers to start and grow their businesses in the United States, and to remain permanently if their companies grow further, create jobs for American workers, and strengthen our economy.

Expand opportunities for investor visas and U.S. economic development. The proposal permanently authorizes immigrant visa opportunities for regional center (pooled investment) programs; provides incentives for visa requestors to invest in programs that support national priorities, including economic development in rural and economically depressed regions ; adds new measures to combat fraud and national security threats; includes data collection on economic impact; and creates a pilot program for state and local government officials to promote economic development.

Create a new visa category for employees of federal national security science and technology laboratories. The proposal creates a new visa category for a limited number of highly-skilled and specialized immigrants to work in federal science and technology laboratories on critical national security needs after being in the United States. for two years and passing rigorous national security and criminal background checks.

Better addresses humanitarian concerns. The proposal streamlines immigration law to better protect vulnerable immigrants, including those who are victims of crime and domestic violence. It also better protects those fleeing persecution by eliminating the existing limitations that prevent qualified individuals from applying for asylum.

Encourage integration. The proposal promotes earned citizenship and efforts to integrate immigrants into their new American communities linguistically, civically, and economically.

FACT SHEET: Fixing our Broken Immigration System so Everyone Plays by the Rules | The White House (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/01/29/fact-sheet-fixing-our-broken-immigration-system-so-everyone-plays-rules)

ronhira
01-29-2013, 03:52 PM
The White House has done nothing in the Last 4 years to address even minor fixes to Legal System.

Squishy, squishy, squashy.
Give your hands a-washy....

and what were u doing for last 4 years? no one owes u anything..... & no one is waiting for ur thank u..... enjoy u'r thankless life.... it must be hell of a ride....

gk_2000
01-29-2013, 03:57 PM
and what were u doing for last 4 years? no one owes u anything..... & no one is waiting for ur thank u..... enjoy u'r thankless life.... it must be hell of a ride....

One whose hands not dirty should worry ... just saying ..

spicy_guy
01-29-2013, 04:27 PM
Thanks.

Would be a good addition... Visa recapture, etc and other major items that have been discussed on IV forums.

Lets see how this unfolds.

Backlog elimination ideal measures...

- Removing country cap
- Visa Recapture
- Not counting dependents

helpisontheway
01-29-2013, 05:07 PM

Point Well Taken !! I can guarantee your ride is no better than mine.

Coming back to the issue... the bipartisan group of senators have had a very good start, I wish the White House moves them to Act on things they can agree on. Remember this has to pass the House too. Over the last few years the House has approved bipartisan measures from the Senate.

Murthy
01-29-2013, 05:18 PM
I think adding additional visas to the system means Re-capture lost visas.
IV core committee should see final immigration bill should also include Exempting dependents of employment-based visa recipients from caps.This will save some more visas and additional folks can get green cards.

PavanV
01-29-2013, 05:59 PM
What are the chance of this bill passing ? how can we help IV to help this pass ?

GCTorture
01-29-2013, 06:53 PM
I read through, but couldn't understand. If anybody can clarify, thanks a lot.

1) Did President say anything specific about backlog elimination?
2) Where does HR 3012 stands now?
3) What is IV doing towards this CIR?

Finally, do we have any action items?

immigrant2007
01-29-2013, 06:57 PM
looks like you are an expert in owing business or judging the same

greyhair
01-30-2013, 12:01 AM
White House proposal specifically says -

"Cut Red Tape for Employers. The proposal also eliminates the backlog for employment-sponsored immigration by eliminating annual country caps and adding additional visas to the system. Outdated legal immigration programs are reformed to meet current and future demands by exempting certain categories from annual visa limitations."

Summary of the I2 bill by Senator Hatch, Klobuchar, Rubio and Coons introduced in the Senate today, specifically says:
"Eliminate annual per-country limits for employment based visa petitioners and adjust per-country caps
for family-based immigrant visas"

http://www.hatch.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/d63fb0be-253c-494f-bc5b-35c2c3694c49/Summary%20of%20the%20Immigration%20Innovation%20Ac t%20of%202013.pdf

Republicans, Democrats and White House have all made statement in support of removing per country limits.

Administrator2
01-30-2013, 02:37 PM
White House proposal specifically says -

"Cut Red Tape for Employers. The proposal also eliminates the backlog for employment-sponsored immigration by eliminating annual country caps and adding additional visas to the system. Outdated legal immigration programs are reformed to meet current and future demands by exempting certain categories from annual visa limitations."

Summary of the I2 bill by Senator Hatch, Klobuchar, Rubio and Coons introduced in the Senate today, specifically says:
"Eliminate annual per-country limits for employment based visa petitioners and adjust per-country caps
for family-based immigrant visas"

http://www.hatch.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/d63fb0be-253c-494f-bc5b-35c2c3694c49/Summary%20of%20the%20Immigration%20Innovation%20Ac t%20of%202013.pdf

Republicans, Democrats and White House have all made statement in support of removing per country limits.

A lot of people are involved and have been laying the groundwork for years so that something like this could eventually pass.

We request everyone to get more involved. Make phone calls to your Senator and Congressman's office in DC, asking for their support for upcoming Immigration Reform.

Flyingcrow
01-30-2013, 02:50 PM
@Administrator2 we need specific guidelines on the same. I had been trying to gather momentum in the last few days, nothing really have shaped up other than trying to look for information from news site and these forums. If at all people are required to get more involved with this, we need more information, specific guidelines on what needs to be done. Otherwise people will keep writing and signing online petitions. Two weeks of me constantly looking for information from this website, I am just hell tired and bored. I cannot call a senator just like that and talk to him/her, I have no clue what to talk, and how to talk to a Senator.

Administrator2
01-30-2013, 03:00 PM
@Administrator2 we need specific guidelines on the same. I had been trying to gather momentum in the last few days, nothing really have shaped up other than trying to look for information from news site and these forums. If at all people are required to get more involved with this, we need more information, specific guidelines on what needs to be done. Otherwise people will keep writing and signing online petitions. Two weeks of me constantly looking for information from this website, I am just hell tired and bored. I cannot call a senator just like that and talk to him/her, I have no clue what to talk, and how to talk to a Senator.

No matter how fast we would like it to be, the fact is that the legislative process is slow. We suggest that you pace yourself because otherwise you will be burned out when you will be needed to be at your peak. Hope you understand.

Each time in the past, we have provided clear narrative (mostly opening and closing) of the discussion and you can fill in your story in-between. Just hang-in there for a while as we provide more information. For others, who have been around for a while, you know what to say and ask for.

Flyingcrow
01-30-2013, 03:12 PM
Agreed. Please send out a mail notification to members. So that folks like me dont have to keep checking this website to get updates. If the provision is already there, kindly add me to the list. I will hang on quiet.

sanju_dba
01-30-2013, 03:16 PM
So the unused visa's are handed out to FB folks...

From the whitehouse... directlink (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/01/29/fact-sheet-fixing-our-broken-immigration-system-so-everyone-plays-rules)
Keep Families Together. The proposal seeks to eliminate existing backlogs in the family-sponsored immigration system by recapturing unused visas and temporarily increasing annual visa numbers. The proposal also raises existing annual country caps from 7 percent to 15 percent for the family-sponsored immigration system. It also treats same-sex families as families by giving U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents the ability to seek a visa on the basis of a permanent relationship with a same-sex partner. The proposal also revises current unlawful presence bars and provides broader discretion to waive bars in cases of hardship.
:mad:

Chandini
01-30-2013, 03:18 PM

So the unused visa's are handed out to FB folks...

From the whitehouse... directlink (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/01/29/fact-sheet-fixing-our-broken-immigration-system-so-everyone-plays-rules)

sanju_dba
01-30-2013, 03:24 PM

Chandini, these are "recaptured" unused visa are the stack of 230K or so that were accumulated over years.
The same term might have caused confusion...but the unused visa when ROW cannot use and passed over to FIFO queue remains unchanged. :)

dhakaldoo
01-30-2013, 03:47 PM
Agreed. Please send out a mail notification to members. So that folks like me dont have to keep checking this website to get updates. If the provision is already there, kindly add me to the list. I will hang on quiet.

If you dont even want to do a simple thing like checking this website for an update, how can you expect others to work for you day and night ?

if you need updates why dont you contact admin for active volunteering and may be start donating ?

Once you are involved actively you will know whats going on!

Just saying!

pappu
01-30-2013, 04:34 PM

Please check the website everyday. You can check messages from admins on threads. Those who are eager for the bill come to site everyday. These who are not, do not. We need only people interested and desperate for the fix. Sending notifications take time in hours. There is no such time available. Especially now that there is more activity in DC. Additionally many give fake emails in profile that bounce. If a person is not sincere enough to give correct email and put full and correct profile information, they do not deserve notifications. We used to do spoon feeding in the past. But we see that those who are sincere and eager already come to the site everyday and many times a day.

If there are messages and action items, each one of us can post on their Facebook profile pages and inform friends. This could not only help spread the word on action items, but also bring more members for action items in IV. So each person should volunteer to notify others on their Facebook, offices, other immigration forums etc.

Flyingcrow
01-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Sure, will do that. But these mutliple threads don't really have anything important, random people's write up. For the last two weeks I had been feverishly checking this site every now and then. Atleast if i can get access to the donor thread will streamline my energy, by avoiding the other threads.

Flyingcrow
01-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Or a bulletin board where admins or core members can post updates, that will also help.

pappu
01-30-2013, 04:55 PM
Sure, will do that. But these mutliple threads don't really have anything important, random people's write up. For the last two weeks I had been feverishly checking this site every now and then. Atleast if i can get access to the donor thread will streamline my energy, by avoiding the other threads.

You can follow admins and just look at their posts to save time.

Flyingcrow
01-30-2013, 06:16 PM
If you dont even want to do a simple thing like checking this website for an update, how can you expect others to work for you day and night ?

if you need updates why dont you contact admin for active volunteering and may be start donating ?

Once you are involved actively you will know whats going on!

Just saying!

Hi Dhakaldoo, I joined a month back, started my donation last week, and you were supposed to call me to talk about the volunteering :-), as per the mail exchange we had!

Flyingcrow
01-30-2013, 06:20 PM
You can follow admins and just look at their posts to save time.

Is there a subscribe or follow option, or do you mean clicking the admin profile link and using, find all post by this user link?

pappu
01-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Is there a subscribe or follow option, or do you mean clicking the admin profile link and using, find all post by this user link?

you can click their profile from forum index page and then look at most recent posts.

Please also like IV facebook page so that every time we post some important message on FB, you get to see it. Facebook is much better and easier to propagate announcements to friends of IV on Facebook.

dhakaldoo
01-31-2013, 08:31 AM
Hi Dhakaldoo, I joined a month back, started my donation last week, and you were supposed to call me to talk about the volunteering :-), as per the mail exchange we had!

Ohhh
I am sorry about that :( i forgot that your screen name is Flyingcrow Now that I know ur actual name :D
any way. Sorry didnt get chance to call you yet. Just too busy with work and kid, dont get free time till like 10!
I have also contacted IV coordinator for some info to send you. give me some time.

and Again dont get tired of going though IV posts. Thats what we have to do to get updates unless u r one of the core members.

As Pappu suggested follow admin 2 posts. go to members list, find admin 2 or pappu and if you click you will see their recent posts!

:)

The Alchemist
01-31-2013, 11:02 AM
Immigration Reform | The White House (http://whitehouse.gov/issues/immigration)
Go to above link to join the hangout about immigration reform at 1PM EST today.

Also check out Immigration Innovation Act of 2013 (http://youtu.be/QF7K9qUV20A)
IV is recognized as a supporter around the 20 minute mark.

smuggymba
01-31-2013, 11:24 AM
Immigration Reform | The White House (http://whitehouse.gov/issues/immigration)
Go to above link to join the hangout about immigration reform at 1PM EST today.

Also check out Immigration Innovation Act of 2013 (http://youtu.be/QF7K9qUV20A)
IV is recognized as a supporter around the 20 minute mark.

Awesome that IV was mentioned; great work @ 22.09

The Alchemist
02-03-2013, 08:05 AM
White House Hangout with Cecilia Muñoz on Immigration Reform - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/embed/yHWkdhlFxsc)

greyhair
02-04-2013, 10:10 AM
White House Hangout with Cecilia Muñoz on Immigration Reform - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/embed/yHWkdhlFxsc)

This is good but they would be better off in pushing for comprehensive bill if they also have someone talking about high skilled immigration.

sanju_dba
02-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Going back of the line was emphasized,
I am hoping a new category in EB and new quota for 11Million will be created.
Otherwise the existing quota of 140K/year with proposed "Country cap elimination" will discourage both the new aspirants and these undocumented themselves.

New Category + New Quota senario:
A new category with equal numbers of EB1/2/3 ie 40K will take 275years (11mil/40k ) for these guys. :eek:
New Category + Sharing Quota senario:
A new category with equal numbers of EB1/2/3 ie 30K will take 366years (11mil/30k ) for these guys. :eek::eek::eek:
New Category + New special Quota senario:
A new category with special quota ie 1Mil will take 11years (11mil/1Mil ) for these guys. :confused::(:rolleyes::cool::eek:

"Bhagwan jab deta hai tho chappad phad ke deta " :cool:

thomachan72
02-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Otherwise the existing quota of 140K/year with proposed "Country cap elimination" will discourage both the new aspirants and these undocumented themselves.

A new category with equal numbers of EB1/2/3 ie 40K will take 275years (11mil/40k ) for these guys. :eek:
A new category with equal numbers of EB1/2/3 ie 30K will take 366years (11mil/30k ) for these guys. :eek::eek::eek:
A new category with special quota ie 1Mil will take 11years (11mil/1Mil ) for these guys. :confused::(:rolleyes::cool::eek:

when they consider this bill, they would certainly do the math. The current EB backlogg will have to be cleared and then the new 11 million will definitely be accomodated within a 10 year period. It will not be like 140K per year or anything. The special bill will not have this annual limits. In other words all the 11 million who are able to register and proove their presence as of the day the bill is enacted will be granted a path to GC within a certain defined period of time. The EB catagory will still have an annual limit which might temporarily be lifted to clear the current backloggs. However, nobody can expect the EB annual limits to be lifted indefinitely. So within another 3 years (after the bill is enacted) ofcourse the EB catagories will still be oversubcribed. meanwhile the undocumented (registered) will be granted GC continuously.

Chandini
02-04-2013, 10:58 AM
"Bhagwan jab deta hai tho chappad phad ke deta " :D

sanju_dba
02-04-2013, 11:25 AM
when they consider this bill, they would certainly do the math. The current EB backlogg will have to be cleared and then the new 11 million will definitely be accomodated within a 10 year period. It will not be like 140K per year or anything. The special bill will not have this annual limits. In other words all the 11 million who are able to register and proove their presence as of the day the bill is enacted will be granted a path to GC within a certain defined period of time. The EB catagory will still have an annual limit which might temporarily be lifted to clear the current backloggs. However, nobody can expect the EB annual limits to be lifted indefinitely. So within another 3 years (after the bill is enacted) ofcourse the EB catagories will still be oversubcribed. meanwhile the undocumented (registered) will be granted GC continuously.

The taste of 245i, I hope you did not forgot about it.

It was a whiplash for EB3 ( I would say to the backlogged countries ). Instead of allocating a new quota...they were given amnesty using EB3, because there was no IV at that time to defend and we carry those scars. Who cares when you do not cry.
We should keep our eyes open to avoid such a story to be repeated.

Chandini
02-04-2013, 12:35 PM
I read or heard some where that it will take 20 yrs for a illegal alien to get Green card if the bill becomes a law.

imh1b
02-04-2013, 12:45 PM
The taste of 245i, I hope you did not forgot about it.

It was a whiplash for EB3 ( I would say to the backlogged countries ). Instead of allocating a new quota...they were given amnesty using EB3, because there was no IV at that time to defend and we carry those scars. Who cares when you do not cry.
We should keep our eyes open to avoid such a story to be repeated.
I do not know the history and have questions from I have heard. Why no lawyer or we people opposed 245i? And what about giving work permit to H4? They have work permits to L2 in that bill but refused H4 . Wy nobody from lawyers or H4s spoke against in 2000? Where were all H1bs in these years.

MK1981
02-04-2013, 12:52 PM
I do not know the history and have questions from I have heard. Why no lawyer or we people opposed 245i? And what about giving work permit to H4? They have work permits to L2 in that bill but refused H4 . Wy nobody from lawyers or H4s spoke against in 2000? Where were all H1bs in these years.

Worth a read: this article has a good insight on whats going on with H4.. hope gives you some piece of mind... But bro the core issue is not H4 EAD its all of us getting GCs, so we can be befitted for all our contributions to the community here. I know the frustration for H4 skilled wife sitting home has to go thru. This rule will surely help all of us as I am in the same boat.

Latest Immigration News: Updated: EAD for H4 Visa Holders - Part 1 (http://my.topimmigrationnews.com/2013/01/updated-ead-for-h4-visa-holders-part-1.html#.UQ__ivXqXdI)

Cheers
MK

MK1981
02-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Peace of mind.. sorry for the typo

imh1b
02-04-2013, 01:35 PM
MK1981 that website is not authentic information. It's someone's personal blog with ads to make money. It could be made up information. Such links should be deleted. Do you have information from authentic website?

MK1981
02-04-2013, 01:40 PM
No.. Sorry about that.. yaar doobte ko tinke ka sahara.. who ever speak positive I belive in them.

Like this is what Oh Law firm thinks:
The Oh Law Firm (http://www.immigration-law.com/)

Scroll down in breaking new on below date :

01/31/2013: Likely Schedule of Release of Proposed Rule of H-4 Spouse EAD in March 2013

Under the rule-making Executive Order, the OMB of the White House has from 30 days to 90 days to complete their review. There are some exceptions including any rules that involve emergency or serious economic impact, which can be compled within 30 days. Another rule is the OMB's authority to extend the maximum 90-day review mandate. In 2012, for obvious reasons, a host of visa and immigration related rules of the DHS, DOS, and DOL kept extended over and over beyond 90 days and some beyond 180 days.
The reason why this proposed rule review may be completed in March 2013 is the bi-annual rule making agenda that set the target date at March 2013, implying that this proposed rule review schedule may follow the 90-day review schedule of the OMB and USCIS. The proposed rule was submitted by the USCIS to the OMB on 12/10/2012. We will see whether there will be any chance that the proposed rule review will be completed rather earlier under the 60-day review schedule. We will wait and see.
As we reported earlier, this does not mean that the H-4 EAD rule can be implemented in March 2013. Once the proposed rule is published in the federal register with a period of comment, it will have to go through another cycle of the OMB review before the binding Interim Final or Final Rule can be published in the federal register. Proposed rule is not binding. Besides, depending on the USCIS policy, there will be an extended period of time for the agency to review the comments which they received from the public before they draft and submit the Interim Final or Final to the OMB for review. The proposed rule will also provide from 30 days to 60 days comment period. Our smart visitors will be able to figure out the rough timeline, from the foregoing information, when the H-4 spouse EAD program mayl be in place and implemented!

sanju_dba
02-04-2013, 01:41 PM

Look here in history... visa cut off dates (http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html)
the oldest it shows is April 2002 ( all EBs are current thru Dec 2004).
No one cared during the law creation, because all were current. And law practicing offices saw "Golden Era" coming for them and did not bothered to interfere, or may be their vision was just at then current scope.
While there is no capping on L1 visa , I wonder how many people arrive every year. Is the quantity of H4 are greater than L2? and thats the motive for law makers to say "NO"?

Flyingcrow
02-04-2013, 01:43 PM
So what next, a week or two of noise. What is next as per the process?

dhakaldoo
02-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Please Watch the Testimony!

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3094585-immigration-voice-invited-to-testify-in-house-hearing-scheduled-for-2-5-10-15am.html#post3567635

Flyingcrow
02-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Watching :)

amitjoey
02-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Puneet Arora talking right now- making sense of healthcare and immigration obstacles to streamlining.

Live Video - C-SPAN3 | C-SPAN (http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN3/)

dhakaldoo
02-08-2013, 12:19 PM
I think all these opinions or testimonies do not matter .. it's upto congress and president what they decide ... and i think they'll fcuk us for sure

Keep Faith buddy!

CKR
02-13-2013, 01:39 PM
Texas representatives file bill for comprehensive immigration reform | kvue.com Austin (http://www.kvue.com/news/editors-pick/State-Representatives-file-bill-for-comprehensive-immigration-reform-191035571.html?google_editors_picks=true)

Can someone explain how a state bill will affect the Congress or senate.
Does this really carry any weight or is this merely a publicity exercise?