PDA

View Full Version : Help needed - Visitor visa

slc_ut
01-28-2013, 12:45 PM
Hello,

My parentsí 10 year visitor visa is expired, and they are planning to apply for visitor visa again. They traveled from India to US multiple times in the past 10 years and they promptly returned back within the I-94 date. Both my parents are 60+ years old, do they need to go to the consulate for visa interview or can they apply by mail ? Also, can you give me details/documents/links on the visitor visa application process. Anyone with recent experience, please give me some guidance. I appreciate your help in advance. (Note: I am working in USA using my EAD).

Thanks.
slc_ut

andycool
01-28-2013, 03:02 PM
Hello,

My parentsí 10 year visitor visa is expired, and they are planning to apply for visitor visa again. They traveled from India to US multiple times in the past 10 years and they promptly returned back within the I-94 date. Both my parents are 60+ years old, do they need to go to the consulate for visa interview or can they apply by mail ? Also, can you give me details/documents/links on the visitor visa application process. Anyone with recent experience, please give me some guidance. I appreciate your help in advance. (Note: I am working in USA using my EAD).

Thanks.
slc_ut

There are new rules for visa interview's in india ..lot of renewial cases can be filed on line just check the consulate website.

andy

in8thfloor
01-28-2013, 03:49 PM
google.com

free2talk
01-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Not required to go personally.My mother got hers by post renewed after her 10 yr visa expired recently.No need to go in person.

bpratap
01-28-2013, 07:11 PM
Please check the link below, it have info, if your parents will be eligible for Interview Waiver

Apply for a U.S. Visa | Renew My Visa - India (English) (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp)

slc_ut
02-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Hello,

I have another question. Can I pay US visitor (B2) visa application fee for my parents online in Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) method, using my ICICI NRE rupee account ?

The instructions in Apply for a U.S. Visa | Home - India (English) (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in) say that

"CURRENTLY WE DO NOT ACCEPT OVERSEAS ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFERS. YOU CAN ONLY MAKE THIS PAYMENT IF YOU MAINTAIN A RUPEE BANK ACCOUNT IN INDIA.

The MRV fee is payable in Indian Rupees only."

I appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks,
slc_ut

bpratap
02-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Absolutely, why not ?

Hello,

I have another question. Can I pay US visitor (B2) visa application fee for my parents online in Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) method, using my ICICI NRE rupee account ?

The instructions in Apply for a U.S. Visa | Home - India (English) (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in) say that

"CURRENTLY WE DO NOT ACCEPT OVERSEAS ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFERS. YOU CAN ONLY MAKE THIS PAYMENT IF YOU MAINTAIN A RUPEE BANK ACCOUNT IN INDIA.

Thanks,
slc_ut

saketkapur
02-04-2013, 05:02 PM
Hello,

Thanks,
slc_ut

The only way you can use the EFT system is if you have a bank account in India that is EFT certified. They have the process online on their website. I had contacted them regarding payment of wife's visa from the US and they had said that cannot be done since the payent has to be made in india rupees.
You can email them and they will mail you the procedure as to how you can use the EFT in India or even mobile payments.

bpratap
02-04-2013, 05:12 PM
You can use ICICI NRE a/c to pay the Consulate fee.

I was with my brother who paid the fee online using ICICI NRE a/c in Dec 2012.

slc_ut
02-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I was able to pay the visitor B2 visa fee online using my ICICI NRE account, I just booked the appointments also.

slc_ut
02-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Hello,

I am plannig to purchase air tickets for my parents for India to USA and back. Has any one used makemytrip dot com to purchase air tickets ? How is their customer service ? Also, if you used any other travel site let me know. Thanks in advance for your help.

-- slc_ut

vishalgupta2
02-27-2013, 10:11 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I was able to pay the visitor B2 visa fee online using my ICICI NRE account, I just booked the appointments also.

Unless their visa has been expired for more than 1 year, they may fall into Visa Interview Waiver category.

vishalgupta2
02-27-2013, 10:13 AM
Hello,

I am plannig to purchase air tickets for my parents for India to USA and back. Has any one used makemytrip dot com to purchase air tickets ? How is their customer service ? Also, if you used any other travel site let me know. Thanks in advance for your help.

-- slc_ut

My personal experience with their customer service has been very bad. I like to deal with the airlines directly.