PDA

View Full Version : Change of employer after I140 approval

visa_questions
01-27-2013, 03:42 AM
I have an approved PERM and I140 with an employer and on H1 B extension beyond the initial 6 years. I want to change employers. Is that possible? Also, what kind of documents will new employer need in order to make the switch - H1 visa transfer as well as I140,etc.? Pls rush response!! Thanks much.

gc_on_demand
01-27-2013, 07:21 AM
I have an approved PERM and I140 with an employer and on H1 B extension beyond the initial 6 years. I want to change employers. Is that possible? Also, what kind of documents will new employer need in order to make the switch - H1 visa transfer as well as I140,etc.? Pls rush response!! Thanks much.

You need perm copy or some information related to job like job code desc wage etc. approved I 140 coy or number should be fine. You should get h1b transferee before you resign so you are sure that you get 3 years ext.

Just one caveat is you have to restart gc process from labor with new employer.

visa_questions
01-27-2013, 02:22 PM
Thanks. I am getting only the I140 approval from the old employer and no copies of petitions of I140 or Perm. The new employer wants to see the petitions to assess. Not sure what that means but old employer says that since I am not h1 portable yet, they will not share the petitions, only approval notice. My question is whether the approval notices are truly sufficient for new filing?

gc_on_demand
01-27-2013, 06:43 PM
Thanks. I am getting only the I140 approval from the old employer and no copies of petitions of I140 or Perm. The new employer wants to see the petitions to assess. Not sure what that means but old employer says that since I am not h1 portable yet, they will not share the petitions, only approval notice. My question is whether the approval notices are truly sufficient for new filing?

Approval notice should be fine.