PDA

View Full Version : Recent Experiences on AP/EAD Combo Card at POE(Newark NJ)

snsharda
01-24-2013, 07:34 AM
Hello,
I will be returning via Newark (NJ) soon. I have an EAD/AP combo card. Please share recent experiences at POE.
What documents are required besides the EAD/AP card and Passport?
What are the general questions asked?

Thanks in advance

gaz
01-24-2013, 08:02 AM
Hello,
I will be returning via Newark (NJ) soon. I have an EAD/AP combo card. Please share recent experiences at POE.

Thanks in advance

My wife and i returned in mid Dec. through EWR.
Wife is working on EAD, I'm on H1B but both entered on AP. IO asked my wife what her status was and if she was using her H4 (she was previously on H4) - she answered no - she was on EAD and would like to enter on her AP. IO said good answer. My turn - asked me for my employer name and nothing else. We were then sent downstairs for secondary processing - took about 15 mins - there were two other families waiting there. No questions asked of either of us - all IOs were very professional and courteous. Only documents we carried were passports, combo EAD/AP cards, 765s (EAD/AP/H1B). Not saying thats all you should carry though - others on the forum may be able to advise better on that - we did have ALL documents available scanned online - but not sure if we would have been allowed to access that had they asked us for those docs.

snsharda
01-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Thanks gaz for your response.

My wife and i returned in mid Dec. through EWR.
Wife is working on EAD, I'm on H1B but both entered on AP. IO asked my wife what her status was and if she was using her H4 (she was previously on H4) - she answered no - she was on EAD and would like to enter on her AP. IO said good answer. My turn - asked me for my employer name and nothing else. We were then sent downstairs for secondary processing - took about 15 mins - there were two other families waiting there. No questions asked of either of us - all IOs were very professional and courteous. Only documents we carried were passports, combo EAD/AP cards, 765s (EAD/AP/H1B). Not saying thats all you should carry though - others on the forum may be able to advise better on that - we did have ALL documents available scanned online - but not sure if we would have been allowed to access that had they asked us for those docs.

chakdepatte
01-24-2013, 09:51 AM
At JFK, last week, i was told to go to the citizens line. They took passport, combo card. Took fingerprint and led me to the standard verification room. Out in 5. First time i was waiting for my bags n not the other way round

snsharda
01-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Thanks chakdepatte for your response.

At JFK, last week, i was told to go to the citizens line. They took passport, combo card. Took fingerprint and led me to the standard verification room. Out in 5. First time i was waiting for my bags n not the other way round

itkris
01-24-2013, 11:00 AM
I went through the visitor line, same process. ZERO questions. In and out in 15 not 5 :) but no issues whatsoever. Only provided passport and EAD card, no other document. The guy at the visa counter did fingerprints and photo, dropped me off at the other office and we waited 15 or so minutes there.

snsharda
01-24-2013, 11:20 AM
Thanks itkris for your response.

I went through the visitor line, same process. ZERO questions. In and out in 15 not 5 :) but no issues whatsoever. Only provided passport and EAD card, no other document. The guy at the visa counter did fingerprints and photo, dropped me off at the other office and we waited 15 or so minutes there.

TO BE OR NO TO BE
01-24-2013, 12:28 PM
We entered at JFK last month and we didn't have any issues either.

The process was not difficult, the primary IO took me for secondary and the secondary looked into computer (God knows what he was looking) but he returned my passport and AP papers with a big smile and told me to stay out of trouble like I have always been.

For my wife it was simple as she went into Citizen's line with my Son (US born citizen). She had to go through secondary too.

Only unpleasing experience was the waiting was too long as it was Sunday and many flights arrived on terminal 4 between 12 PM to 4 PM, resulting in a lot of people waiting.

I hope this is helpful.

snsharda
01-24-2013, 03:58 PM
Thanks for your response, TO BE OR NO TO BE

Based on all the responses so far, it looks like Passport and Combo Card is the general documentation requirements. Thanks to everyone again for all the responses.

We entered at JFK last month and we didn't have any issues either.

The process was not difficult, the primary IO took me for secondary and the secondary looked into computer (God knows what he was looking) but he returned my passport and AP papers with a big smile and told me to stay out of trouble like I have always been.

For my wife it was simple as she went into Citizen's line with my Son (US born citizen). She had to go through secondary too.

Only unpleasing experience was the waiting was too long as it was Sunday and many flights arrived on terminal 4 between 12 PM to 4 PM, resulting in a lot of people waiting.

I hope this is helpful.

istrategist
01-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Returned mid-august 2012. Smooth process like others described. They only looked at my passport and combo card

Hello,

Thanks in advance

snsharda
01-26-2013, 08:55 AM
Thanks istrategist for your response.

Returned mid-august 2012. Smooth process like others described. They only looked at my passport and combo card

BZA
01-26-2013, 08:28 PM
I came to JFK last week and there were no issues. I gave only passport and EAD and no questions asked. 2nd inspection took 5 min only.

snsharda
01-28-2013, 08:33 AM
Thanks BZA for your response
I came to JFK last week and there were no issues. I gave only passport and EAD and no questions asked. 2nd inspection took 5 min only.

AcuraTSX
01-31-2013, 10:07 AM
I agree. Came via JFK last month. Presented the combo card at POE. The officer asked about our trip and took our pictures and fingerprints. He asked us to proceed to secondary inspection. We were made to sit and after 10 minutes we were told that everything was OK and handed back our passports, combo card.
FYI.. I have been using AP for the past 4 years and never was subject to harsh questioning.
The key here is to maintain our composure. Hand over only the required documents, answer to their questions directly. The POE officers have an array of tools to find out about our status and other details.

snsharda
02-03-2013, 07:57 AM
Thanks AcuraTSX for your response.

I agree. Came via JFK last month. Presented the combo card at POE. The officer asked about our trip and took our pictures and fingerprints. He asked us to proceed to secondary inspection. We were made to sit and after 10 minutes we were told that everything was OK and handed back our passports, combo card.
FYI.. I have been using AP for the past 4 years and never was subject to harsh questioning.
The key here is to maintain our composure. Hand over only the required documents, answer to their questions directly. The POE officers have an array of tools to find out about our status and other details.