PDA

View Full Version : H1B Part time-Urgent Please!!!!!!!!

rag_visa
01-20-2013, 08:39 PM
All,
Thanks in advance for reading my post.
Here is my situation, and I request you to please help me with your advice. Itís very urgent.

I have a Ph.D. in Applied Physics and I am working for a small semiconductor company. I just learnt that there will be some budget cuts in my project and my supervisor suggested
that I start looking for new positions and he said that he will switch me from full time to
hourly with a pay cut until I find a new position. The new salary would
be lower than prevailing wage of H1B LCA. My employer is fine with switching me to part time may be 20 hrs a week if that is possible.

Here are my questions.

1. If my employer files a H1B amendment requesting a switch to part time would that be fine?
2. If an amendment is filed, does it risk my current H1 B?
3. Are you aware of anybody working on part time on H1B visa.
4. What are my options to remain in status?

I have a Ph.D in Physics and have close to 4.5 yrs of experience (2.7 on OPT
and rest on H1B ) in semiconductor, MEMS and nano technologies. If anybody
is aware of any openings or companies which are recruiting, please let me know.
This will be a huge favor.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
R

thomachan72
01-21-2013, 02:52 PM
All,
Thanks in advance for reading my post.
Here is my situation, and I request you to please help me with your advice. Itís very urgent.

I have a Ph.D. in Applied Physics and I am working for a small semiconductor company. I just learnt that there will be some budget cuts in my project and my supervisor suggested
that I start looking for new positions and he said that he will switch me from full time to
hourly with a pay cut until I find a new position. The new salary would
be lower than prevailing wage of H1B LCA. My employer is fine with switching me to part time may be 20 hrs a week if that is possible.

Here are my questions.

1. If my employer files a H1B amendment requesting a switch to part time would that be fine?
2. If an amendment is filed, does it risk my current H1 B?
3. Are you aware of anybody working on part time on H1B visa.
4. What are my options to remain in status?

I have a Ph.D in Physics and have close to 4.5 yrs of experience (2.7 on OPT
and rest on H1B ) in semiconductor, MEMS and nano technologies. If anybody
is aware of any openings or companies which are recruiting, please let me know.
This will be a huge favor.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
R

Dont think you can work part time on H1b. You should try to see if you can get any full time postdoctoral positions.

hardikchem
01-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Yes you can do that..my wife was on part time H1B - her H1B amended through her company so don't worry!!

Kumar Van
03-29-2014, 10:48 PM
Hi all,
My current employment is ending with company A and company B is willing to hire me with a minimum pay as perishable with USCIS for my skills and education (PhD in electrical engineering) and is willing to do the H1 transfer. What is the minimum # of hours I could work for company B per week or per month and still not have issues with H1 transfer? Also what could be the weekly wage that could be paid for my background? Your inputs are greatly appreciated.
Regards,
K

deecha
04-01-2014, 02:48 PM
Pay rate is for the work you do and occupation you are in, not for the skills you have.

The CEO of my ex-company had a GED and made $500k + a year.

Hi all,
My current employment is ending with company A and company B is willing to hire me with a minimum pay as perishable with USCIS for my skills and education (PhD in electrical engineering) and is willing to do the H1 transfer. What is the minimum # of hours I could work for company B per week or per month and still not have issues with H1 transfer? Also what could be the weekly wage that could be paid for my background? Your inputs are greatly appreciated.
Regards,
K