PDA

View Full Version : non compete with mnc and terminated.

worth_waiting
01-20-2013, 10:33 AM
Sub: non-compete

I am working in VA state, worked for same client for 1.5 years thru american vendor (E-V-Wipro-C) and after that started as consultant through Wipro and after 1.5 years wipro terminated my contract with pay/performance reasons!.

There is Non-Solicitation/Non-Compete aggreement with wipro which say: "During the Term of this Consultant Agreement and for one (1) year thereafter, Consultant will not directly or indirectly:
Compete with Wipro by soliciting or accepting any engagement with a Project Specific Wipro Customer (as defined below) other than through Wipro."

So is that possible for me to start consulting with same Client from American vendor within a month?
My concerns are--> Wipro terminated my contract and not an wipro employee.

Please let me know if i can proceed consulting with same Client from American vendor within a month?

thanks

CKR
01-22-2013, 08:37 AM
No unless you have explicit written permission from Wipro and the client is willing to take you in after talking with Wipro.

Years Ago a friend of mine was offered a Full time with both Wipro and the Client at the same time , He was working under (E-Wipro-C) and Wipro used the non competent agreement to prevent him from joining the Client. They will not do GC for US hires but promise a job back in Blore after 6 years in US.

The world is huge, go look out else where, don't waste your time through the legal mess.

bharad
01-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Most of the states give importance to workers and stop companies from binding people to work according to contracts. Talk to an attorney who works in the area of labor laws and go through the contract with him, you will be happy for the consultancy fee paid to him and clarify all the doubts.

vishalgupta2
01-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Most of the states give importance to workers and stop companies from binding people to work according to contracts. Talk to an attorney who works in the area of labor laws and go through the contract with him, you will be happy for the consultancy fee paid to him and clarify all the doubts.

Non Compete and Non Disclosure are totally legal and generally honored by the courts. It's the things like having to pay xxx amount if you leave before a year which are illegal.

bharad
01-22-2013, 03:22 PM
It depends on the state you are living in, the type of work you are doing, and the vendor company how it is listed as in the state. So there are lot of permutations and combinations, the person should get his contract reviewed by an authorized attorney in his state rather than living in what will happen if this happens and getting answers from experts like us.