PDA

View Full Version : Cir bill and employment based backlogs

jax999
01-10-2013, 12:17 AM
HELLO SIR/MADAM,

H R U DOING ?
I HAVE A QUESTION PLEASE CLARIFY IT.

NOW "Comprehensive Immigration Reform (CIR )" DISCUSSION IS HOT TOPIC . " CIR " MEANS

1. IS IT MUST/SHOULD INCLUDE/D EMPLOYMENT BASED 2, 3 CATEGORIES GREEN CARD BACKLOGS ISSUES ALONG WITH ILLEGALS ISSUE?

2. OR IT IS JUST FOR ILLEGALS ISSUE?

3. OR CHANCES/POSSIBILITIES MAY BE THERE FOR EMPLOYMENT BASED 2, 3 CATEGORIES GREEN CARD BACKLOGS ISSUES ALONG WITH ILLEGALS ISSUE?

WHICH IS RIGHT FROM THE ABOVE. PLEASE ANSWER ANYBODY IF YOU KNOW EXACTLY AND TRY TO TO GIVE MORE INFO. IF YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT THAT .

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE.

jetflyer
01-10-2013, 07:50 AM
HELLO SIR/MADAM,

H R U DOING ?

NOW "Comprehensive Immigration Reform (CIR )" DISCUSSION IS HOT TOPIC . " CIR " MEANS

1. IS IT MUST/SHOULD INCLUDE/D EMPLOYMENT BASED 2, 3 CATEGORIES GREEN CARD BACKLOGS ISSUES ALONG WITH ILLEGALS ISSUE?

3. OR CHANCES/POSSIBILITIES MAY BE THERE FOR EMPLOYMENT BASED 2, 3 CATEGORIES GREEN CARD BACKLOGS ISSUES ALONG WITH ILLEGALS ISSUE?

WHICH IS RIGHT FROM THE ABOVE. PLEASE ANSWER ANYBODY IF YOU KNOW EXACTLY AND TRY TO TO GIVE MORE INFO. IF YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT THAT .

Obama is working hard to get work permit to H4 visa holders through CIR.

Jet

jax999
01-11-2013, 08:27 PM
HELLO SIR/MADAM,

H R U DOING ?

Please Reply .

eastindia
01-11-2013, 08:49 PM
Please Reply .

Read point 11 and 13 at 25 Forum Posting Etiquette Tips - TopTenREVIEWS (http://forum-services-review.toptenreviews.com/25-forum-posting-etiquette-tips.html)

Be respectful to others if you want others to spend their valuable time to answer you.

jax999
01-13-2013, 12:33 AM
Read point 11 and 13 at 25 Forum Posting Etiquette Tips - TopTenREVIEWS (http://forum-services-review.toptenreviews.com/25-forum-posting-etiquette-tips.html)

Be respectful to others if you want others to spend their valuable time to answer you.

hi,

its really surprising me your message. i wrote my message with lot of resepect to others/everybody . if unknowingly i did anything i am really sorry for that but i want to know that in my message which line it is like that as i dont want to repeat it in future.

and thank you for your reply.

jax999
01-13-2013, 03:48 AM
and in my previous post i forgot to mention this line" for not following 11 and 13 please excuse me for one time " . awaiting for your reply from previous post. thank you in advance.

chtummala
01-14-2013, 10:56 AM
HELLO SIR/MADAM,

H R U DOING ?

CIR is nothing as of now ..

go_guy123
01-14-2013, 11:33 AM

Jet

Doesnt matter what Obama wants.
The laws are passed by Congress.

Just like NRA bluntly and boldly (in your face type) said today...Gun laws wont pass the Congress...so it doesnt matter what president wants.

chtummala
01-14-2013, 01:22 PM

Jet
haha Obama does not even know what h4 means ..

chtummala
01-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Doesnt matter what Obama wants.
The laws are passed by Congress.

Just like NRA bluntly and boldly (in your face type) said today...Gun laws wont pass the Congress...so it doesnt matter what president wants.
hmm senate filibuster is one which is stopping lot of bills ..

go_guy123
01-15-2013, 08:58 AM
hmm senate filibuster is one which is stopping lot of bills ..

Yes true...Senate effectively needs 60 votes out of 100 to pass a bill.

SGP
01-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Here is some encouraging news. Please read from the 3rd last para......
Obama to unveil gun violence measures Wednesday - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/obama-unveil-gun-violence-measures-wednesday-075637168--politics.html)

jetflyer
01-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Here is some encouraging news. Please read from the 3rd last para......
Obama to unveil gun violence measures Wednesday - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/obama-unveil-gun-violence-measures-wednesday-075637168--politics.html)

I dont see anything there about H4 Visa work permit.

Thanks

Jet

pak
01-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Leahy Says Immigration Reform Top Priority for Senate Judiciary Committee - The BLT: The Blog of Legal Times (http://legaltimes.typepad.com/blt/2013/01/leahy-says-immigration-reform-top-priority-for-senate-judiciary-committee.html)

They did not make the priority in 112th congress and all of a sudden it is a priority. We will see how drama rolls out in coming months.

chtummala
01-16-2013, 02:36 PM

Thanks

Jet

r you on H4 ..

chtummala
01-16-2013, 02:40 PM
Leahy Says Immigration Reform Top Priority for Senate Judiciary Committee - The BLT: The Blog of Legal Times (http://legaltimes.typepad.com/blt/2013/01/leahy-says-immigration-reform-top-priority-for-senate-judiciary-committee.html)

They did not make the priority in 112th congress and all of a sudden it is a priority. We will see how drama rolls out in coming months.

they might start it in end of the year ..
and will stuck in senate till end of 113 congress

CKR
01-16-2013, 03:34 PM
they might start it in end of the year ..
and will stuck in senate till end of 113 congress

Just so the Petition Guys take a note:
White House ups the ante for petition website: 100,000 signatures - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-white-house-raises-signature-limit-for-petition-responses-20130116,0,973194.story)

I guess now it is impossible to get their attention within 30 days ......:D

greyhair
01-16-2013, 04:32 PM

Thanks

Jet

A Comprehensive bill or any article meant to be at such a high level - why would anyone want to mention something as specific as H4 work permit? This may be important for handful of people. But in the grand scheme of things, work permit for H4 is a very small and insignificant issue. Its like if you have terminal cancer, you don't care much for cold or sneezing, even though cold or sneezing could be because of the week immune system due to cancer.

I'd say, fix the disease and not the symptom. With a large comprehensive bill - ask for fixing the disease i.e. elimination of backlogs. Why focus so much on H4 work permit, which is like a small symptom or a by-product of backlogs.

It is easy to understand that your immediate need is work permit for H4. But in time you will realize that work permit is not the only thing. As you can see others here, who have work permits/EAD/H1 etc, are all seeking job mobility, freedom and green card.

With comprehensive size bill, do ask for fixing symptoms, but focus on big things like green card backlogs. If people like us get green cards quickly, there will be none or minimal need for H4 work permit.

longwait4gc
01-16-2013, 05:05 PM
I'd say, fix the disease and not the symptom. With a large comprehensive bill - ask for fixing the disease i.e. elimination of backlogs. Why focus so much on H4 work permit, which is like a small symptom or a by-product of backlogs.

Its easy for some one who has EAD (or H1B spouse) to say this is non issue. But its a big issue for people who has a H4 spouse. So put yourself in their shoes and think before saying its not important or small symptom.

spicy_guy
01-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Its easy for some one who has EAD (or H1B spouse) to say this is non issue. But its a big issue for people who has a H4 spouse. So put yourself in their shoes and think before saying its not important or small symptom.

I am not against it and I am a proponent. I understand your situ.
But just note that, if someone has this (EAD, H1 Spouse), they had gone through the pain. Its not a cakewalk for anyone. :)

spicy_guy
01-16-2013, 05:57 PM

Check back the posts from last nov / dec time period. We had several news articles come out exactly like this, but nothing happened. All piece of #$~@@$! :-)

chtummala
01-17-2013, 07:40 AM

dude there is bigger issue than workpermit for h4 ..
and the suggested workpermit for h4 bill is not for all h4 ..
that is for the spouse of h1 who got approved 140 ..
if you fix the EB backlog issue ..
you dont need that bill ..

krupa
01-17-2013, 09:25 AM
What is the status of HR3012 , is it dead now ?

CKR
01-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Quick NOTE to set the Expectations RIGHT.....:D

Obama has less time than you think - The Insiders - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-insiders/post/obama-has-less-time-than-you-think/2013/01/17/a671e1d4-60b5-11e2-bc4f-1f06fffb7acf_blog.html)

Suva
01-17-2013, 12:28 PM
As far as I know it died on the last congress as of Dec 31. So we need a new bill.

What is the status of HR3012 , is it dead now ?

chtummala
01-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Check back the posts from last nov / dec time period. We had several news articles come out exactly like this, but nothing happened. All piece of #$~@@$! :-)

those are just a political moves ..

chakdepatte
01-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Pappu -is IV considering to start this bill all over again?

longwait4gc
01-17-2013, 04:41 PM
dude there is bigger issue than workpermit for h4 ..
and the suggested workpermit for h4 bill is not for all h4 ..
that is for the spouse of h1 who got approved 140 ..
if you fix the EB backlog issue ..
you dont need that bill ..

You have big If for fixing backlog issue. Is there any bill/reform/rule that is doing that? Answer is none that I know of. But there is a rule that is being proposed for H4s who are waiting for a really long time which has good chance of becoming a final rule.

I know people are talking about CIR. But there are lot of questions like will it help EB immigration? Will it even pass? Do we(EB) have enough muscle power to make it pass?

imh1b
01-18-2013, 11:10 AM
I don't think it was ever alive. It was like showing carrot to donkey...:p

Here comes a ROW pest with a fake profile. Go back and vomit in your hole on other website.

imh1b
01-18-2013, 11:14 AM

H4 issue is a very tiny issue of some housewives who nag their husbands. So their husbands and some wives come on forums in free time and vomit once in a while that H4s need to be allowed to work.
What is stopping these H4s to apply for H1B visa like the rest of us?

greyhair
01-18-2013, 11:46 AM
:) good one...i thought you are a senior member imh1b...and this is how you expect to get good response from your members and in general from a common man? :)
seriously...grow up...
and how do you know its a fake profile? just because I don't have any dates and you do?

Lets just say that we can smell pork. You guys have been riding on our back, and, while we are waiting for decades, you have been taking advantage of the flawed system. Which is why you are saying that HR3012 was never alive. But the fact is, you and all your cronies on the other site know that HR3012 came close to happening, and will eventually happen. And there is nothing you and your cronies can do to stop it. Get ready to live in a fair system because - The world is actually flat, and it will be soon in EB GC space too.

greyhair
01-18-2013, 12:32 PM
You smell pork...or shit..who cares...the fact is fact...and the Einstein of 21st century discovers that world is flat.. :)
The systems are never perfect..some or the other side is always going to get advantage...
....waiting...waiting...waiting for 3012 :)
...come on baby....

Hey you on the other side who is taking advantage of the flawed system of per country limits -

your undue and unfair advantage will not last for very long. I've bookmarked your post. And when per-country limits in EB system are removed, I'll have to came back and remind you on your post.

imh1b
01-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Dear greyhair, imh1b and other respected members of faculty....
think...think sincerely...without deceiving yourself...what is the advantage to anyone..other than affected members here...to pass the savior 3012? think...its economic loss...although short term...loss of H1 extension fees, H1 and H4 stamping...GC and related fees...lawyers fees...the taxes paid with no future benefits...can be kicked out anytime...no one is thinking of long term benefits here...
please think...no personal grudges...

The big advantage of HR3012 is that we will kick the racist a** of you and others like you.

ronhira
01-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Dear greyhair, imh1b and other respected members of faculty....
think...think sincerely...without deceiving yourself...what is the advantage to anyone..other than affected members here...to pass the savior 3012? think...its economic loss...although short term...loss of H1 extension fees, H1 and H4 stamping...GC and related fees...lawyers fees...the taxes paid with no future benefits...can be kicked out anytime...no one is thinking of long term benefits here...
please think...no personal grudges...

let me join this party......

when no one is thinking of the long term..... it just means we have to do a better job in asking people to think long term & explain the flaws in the system.....

eb system is broken because of country limits..... country limits put one half of the eb applicants at disadvantage over the other half of eb applicants and over the us citizens.....

in the marketplace where hundreds and thousands of people don't have the ability to switch employers which becoz they don't have green card which is becoz of per country limits.... that marketplace doesn't work for us citizens..... lack to job mobility creates incentive for certain bad employers (and there r lots of them) to hire these immigrants becoz these bad employers know that this set of eb applicants cannot change employers..... such a system puts other set of eb applications and us citizens at disadvantage in the job market becoz the market encourages to hire employees with less ability to switch employer i.e. more employer control its employees......

in a flawed eb system with per country limits - if there is 1 job - if 1 us citizen & 1 eb applicant stuck in gc backlog applied for that job...... employer tends to hire the guy stuck in the eb backlog becoz the employer knows that he will have more control over the applicants stuck in eb backlogs becoz of per country limits.....

eb country limits put us citizens at disadvantage in the job market place..... what more incentive do you need to eliminate per country limits?

longwait4gc
01-18-2013, 01:34 PM
H4 issue is a very tiny issue of some housewives who nag their husbands. So their husbands and some wives come on forums in free time and vomit once in a while that H4s need to be allowed to work.
What is stopping these H4s to apply for H1B visa like the rest of us?

I should say insensitive comments and close the door behind me attitude.
I would recommend stop flaming comments like vomit, nag etc..
I can give you lot of reasons why H4 need EAD (tuition fee in my case, F1 pays 2 times more than non F1), Lot of employers are not willing to hire H4s and go through new H1B application process, its hard to get a H1B job with out experience but easy to entry level job with EAD.
FYI some one could just ask us what is stopping us from investing next big thing and applying EB1 or EB5 and make us sound like loosers. Dont overestimate your achievements friend.

ronhira
01-18-2013, 01:41 PM
I think only IV is interested in removing country quota even if it is a single bill. Other groups including AILA are having opinion that without addition of new green cards or recapture it will not do much for overall immigration. All the failed CIRs had country quota in the draft. But we will wait for this CIR. We do not know why senate did not take the bill though Grassley hold was removed. In this situation how do you think that in future country quota will be removed.

aila could not publish a single press release opposing per country bill..... what kind of immigration org is this.... its scared to publish its position on an immigration bill ;)

other than people like u strolling the forums all day, thinking aila is next to god..... no one cares for what aila..... i've repeatedly spoken to my local senate and representative ofc, all 3 democrats.... they have told me repeatedly - they don't give a jack shit @ aila......

u don't know what u'r talking...... if senate did not take up the bill after grassley removed his hold.... how does it automatically disqualify per-country bill from happening? house did not take up the bill for hurricane sandy in 112th congress...... so according to u sandy relief bill should've never passed, right?

senators of the senate where i lived earlier (these r both republicans), and senators of the state where i live now.... & i've close contact with all 4..... they have all told me that there is overwhelming support in their parties to remove per country limits........ so u continue to day dream..... tell fantasy stories @ next to god aila for whom no one cares.....

in the closing, one more thing, next immigration bill to pass the congress, either standalone or in another bill, will include removing per country limits..... do what u can.... u or u'r god - aila - cannot stop it...... :D

gk_2000
01-18-2013, 01:49 PM
Forum was silent for too long time. Folks cant sit tight. Stir things up a little .. that's how it goes ...

gcharry
01-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Thank God It's Friday. Enjoy the weekend guys.

imh1b
01-18-2013, 01:51 PM
You ROW rats can say what you want. Only donors and volunteers know the real story and what is happening. I have seen because I volunteered and also went to meetings to my Senate offices. All of you can cry and cannot do anything about it. HR3012 will pass.

It is already giving you nightmares and I can see how desperate you are to write against it. I can only imagine your situation when it passes.
:D

imh1b
01-18-2013, 02:00 PM
see...thats whats the problem is...only donors and volunteers....no one else has visibility...cant speak...cant listen...unless you pour in dollara...dollara..dollara...and want to wait and watch :D

Keeping away from pests.

ronhira
01-18-2013, 02:08 PM
All fair and agreed...but who is listening to you and working for you?
when i say that i mean..in congress...there are lobbyist and congressman who are listening to illegal and hispanic immigrants..there are people listening to other countries...who is listening and working for you?
all the money IV raised is dumped into the pockets of people, lobbyists who cannot do anything for you and who has no voice...

now u sound more like a lobbyist who wants to sell u'r services :) beating down on u'r opponent lobbyist ;) nice

we all know that per country bill did not pass last year...... but i also know speaking with the senate offices whom i know personally now that they had people come over to speak @ removing per country limits all the time..... which is why every office in the understands & fully agree with removing eb per country limits.....

as u can tell.... nothing else passed on immigration either.... the fact that removing per country bill came so close to getting done with such a large bipartisan support cannot be ignored.... & even though i've been waiting for many years longer than u..... i will not let that come in the way of seeing though u'r bullshit....

one more thing..... i'm not going to attack undocumented and hispanic immigrants..... if that is what u want me to do.... take u'r feeble mind somewhere else.....

spicy_guy
01-18-2013, 02:13 PM
see...thats whats the problem is...only donors and volunteers....no one else has visibility...cant speak...cant listen...unless you pour in dollara...dollara..dollara...and want to wait and watch :D

What is the problem IV asking for money for a good cause?
Money aside they are spending their personal time and effort to help the whole community, while rest of the people watching movies hoping someone is doing work for them.

This is the attitude that got us into this situ. On top of that, they do brainless finger pointing on the people that is doing the work.

I know there are free loaders here. Can't speak of them.

greyhair
01-18-2013, 02:33 PM

You seem to not have much work on Friday. You are speaking up and talking/writing what you want. How else would you be able to say that "only donors and volunteers can speak and no one else"? I visit here often have contributed in the past, but I'm neither a donor nor an active member of this website.

And there are hundreds and thousands of websites to post/write. Have you ever tried using google? Or maybe post your video on Youtube? But no, you want to come here by your choice, post things to discredit other people you don't even know. Have you tried opening up your website? If you feel you are being restricted here in anyways (which I can't understand how), you sure can post anything on your own website and thousands , or, are you not free to post on the internet.

I disagree with imh1b. You are not a rat. You are a sticking rat.

abcdgc
01-18-2013, 02:48 PM
But now a days donkeys are smart...you have to give them carrot once in a while to keep them running...just showing is not enough...
again...i am not saying IV or volunteers are not doing anything...but there is no receiving end...there is no end to the tunnel...so no light....

yedadesi,

I agree with you. Why don't you take over and show what you can do? You are smart person, why don't you start your organization and help all of us? Thank you

WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC
01-18-2013, 03:00 PM
Yedadesi,

You have recently joined. You may be another lobbyist or just trying to fool around.
There is no need for us to explain how, why and when IV is taking its steps to help.
If you want to benefit then stay with IV or be with those who believe someone will do something.

Your belief and we will not answer any of your questions.

imh1b
01-18-2013, 03:16 PM
What is the point in 'Only donors and volunteers know the real story'. You kept secret all the activities but you did not get any benefit. Two years gone after starting Hr 3012. Next attempt is going to be including all or parts of Hr 3012 in CIR. If CIR fails another 2 years will be gone though you got indications that country cap removal has good support in house and senate. May be you kept secret all the details you were not even able to get 2000 people in heart of Silicon valley for rally. Even DC rally seemed to be better. We Indians are more desperate to pass HR 3012 as the waiting time keep increases. This is truth of the story.

Troll alert

greyhair
01-18-2013, 03:33 PM
What is the point in 'Only donors and volunteers know the real story'. You kept secret all the activities but you did not get any benefit. Two years gone after starting Hr 3012. Next attempt is going to be including all or parts of Hr 3012 in CIR. If CIR fails another 2 years will be gone though you got indications that country cap removal has good support in house and senate. May be you kept secret all the details you were not even able to get 2000 people in heart of Silicon valley for rally. Even DC rally seemed to be better. We Indians are more desperate to pass HR 3012 as the waiting time keep increases. This is truth of the story.

As abcdgc said, why don't you and yedadesi (who is yeda for real) start your own organization and work on whatever you believe in?

It takes many years to pass anything in the democratic government. The process is designed to be slow requiring input from all sorts of people. Maybe you can quickly convince Congress to pass something. Why don't you and yedadesi work on what you want and let people here work on what they want? Is that too complicated to understand?

apshodh
01-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Erwin de Leon: Where Do Asian Americans Stand on Immigration Reform? (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/erwin-de-leon/asian-americans-stand-immigration_b_2503174.html)

CKR
01-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Indian Americans having a ball for Obama inauguration - The Times of India (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/nri/other-news/Indian-Americans-having-a-ball-for-Obama-inauguration/articleshow/18090953.cms)

Whatt money can do ....
On the other note , would it be possible to contact the organizer of this event to help out with some of our funding and other problems?? May be my expectations are way too above the bar :D

ronhira
01-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Indian Americans having a ball for Obama inauguration - The Times of India (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/nri/other-news/Indian-Americans-having-a-ball-for-Obama-inauguration/articleshow/18090953.cms)

Whatt money can do ....
On the other note , would it be possible to contact the organizer of this event to help out with some of our funding and other problems?? May be my expectations are way too above the bar :D

flawed article..... it says cornyn & republicans will attend inaugural ball of obama victory..... this is a party to celebrate election win over republicans..... why would republican senators attend inaugural ball..... this news is for indian consumer...... so news is hyped.... in case this needs more explanation, see this video

Doubtsourced - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 11/08/10 - Video Clip | Comedy Central (http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-november-8-2010/doubtsourced)

immigrant2007
01-19-2013, 01:13 PM
I agree with ronhira for not attacking undocumented but and principally against legalizing them but from humane perspective they should be helped, however, it will be a big injustice to the backloggers / legal GC applicants even if one of the undocumented is legalized before the last legal one in queue (say whenever law comes into effect). I know the rule will give the undocumented preference over legal applicants as it is a pure number game. IF the legal immigrants were 5 million in number they would have got their GCs by now. I don't expect much from justice CIR for legal applicants (ideally they should get GC on day one but who in congress and govt cares for them)

now u sound more like a lobbyist who wants to sell u'r services :) beating down on u'r opponent lobbyist ;) nice

we all know that per country bill did not pass last year...... but i also know speaking with the senate offices whom i know personally now that they had people come over to speak @ removing per country limits all the time..... which is why every office in the understands & fully agree with removing eb per country limits.....

as u can tell.... nothing else passed on immigration either.... the fact that removing per country bill came so close to getting done with such a large bipartisan support cannot be ignored.... & even though i've been waiting for many years longer than u..... i will not let that come in the way of seeing though u'r bullshit....

one more thing..... i'm not going to attack undocumented and hispanic immigrants..... if that is what u want me to do.... take u'r feeble mind somewhere else.....

pak
01-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Critical Warning Number Six by Michael Lombardi (http://www.criticalwarning6.com/)

As per the advertisement on this website, one more downturn is coming for the economy, inflation, dollar, euro etc.

As there was resistance from lawmakers due to housing collapse, credit crisis, recession, unemployment etc. in previous congress for any immigration bill to pass.

What do you think ? How much time we have before it happens?

manchala
01-21-2013, 08:08 PM

If some want to know whats going on you can become a volunteer. You dont have to take your money out.
Its not a joke that the bill HR3012 came out, it passed the house, hold was removed by a very respectable and powerful senator. Find out what it takes for something to become a bill. Appreciate if someone is doing something for the community.

I know core members who sacrificed their personnel life and spending time on all this.

Forget about all this IV, Immigration Bill... think positive in your personnel life also. It really helps.

imh1b
01-22-2013, 09:50 AM
If some want to know whats going on you can become a volunteer. You dont have to take your money out.
Its not a joke that the bill HR3012 came out, it passed the house, hold was removed by a very respectable and powerful senator. Find out what it takes for something to become a bill. Appreciate if someone is doing something for the community.

I know core members who sacrificed their personnel life and spending time on all this.

Forget about all this IV, Immigration Bill... think positive in your personnel life also. It really helps.

Rams2012 is a moron with a fake profile. People of this kind are the cancer in immigrants and they cannot help anyone succeed. They will do nothing constructive and only become critics.

If he has so many thoughts, how about he give an interview in TV media with his name and face. He will run away like a coward and hide.

So it's better to call such people names and shame them on forums. If someone is genuine he would be contributing $ to IV and helping out in action items. It's best to ignore free riders and consider their posts as warm spit on forums.

imh1b
01-22-2013, 09:56 AM
looks like somebody's hair have greyed...but no brains under the scull...
as Rams2012 said, we are all saying the same thing...just different words...there is not going to be relief any soon...just the carrots...
anyways...was out for couple of days...was working on the organization...i wont invite you to join...i dont need grey hairs...

You should never get a green-card. You are not worthy of being in any EB category and will only dirty this country.

Shoooooo

spicy_guy
01-22-2013, 10:04 AM
All rage aside, I have been hearing a lot about immigration reform on the radio for the past 4 days. Especially, about "legal' immigration. I listen to radio every day at least for a brief period of time. But this time around the immigration reform discussions are happening like never before. May be this too a lip service, but I just wanted to see if anyone feel / hear the same way.

imh1b
01-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Rams2012 is an anti immigrant dirtbag.

May I ask why you are lurking on the forums? Don't you have a job? Oh I forgot you do not want to compete and upgrade your skills. So you lost your job to people like us. And now you sit around at home, eating chips, drinking soda, becoming fat and fart on forums. Ha Ha .

imh1b
01-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Do you want to give a company? I can offer you beer also. Also I have Indian snakes like mixture,Samosa etc. You are welcome to my house any time.

Sure.
Send me your name , address and phone number in the private message and I will respond and come over.

Now lets see if you really have the balls.

chtummala
01-22-2013, 11:34 AM
You have big If for fixing backlog issue. Is there any bill/reform/rule that is doing that? Answer is none that I know of. But there is a rule that is being proposed for H4s who are waiting for a really long time which has good chance of becoming a final rule.

I know people are talking about CIR. But there are lot of questions like will it help EB immigration? Will it even pass? Do we(EB) have enough muscle power to make it pass?

Remember we dont have any bill for H4 ..

chtummala
01-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Here comes a ROW pest with a fake profile. Go back and vomit in your hole on other website.

what does it mean .. r you against ROW ..

greyhair
01-22-2013, 11:57 AM

When President the Congress is taking about CIR bill, why would they want to pass a rule for 'letting H-4 to work' outside of CIR? Sorry if I did not explain it properly earlier. When everyone is talking about CIR, why will they do H4 work authorization rule? Think about it.

I and a few others here are not opposed to the rule for 'letting H-4 to work'. We are just trying to explain the issue. And if CIR is being discussed, should people at the table talk about backlogs or 'letting H-4 to work'?

The types of Rams, yeda are anti immigrants. They are just asking nefarious questions like will EB relief be there in CIR - or - will it ever pass etc

What I have learned from these forums is that no one knows ahead of time if it will pass or not. But all bets are off and nothing else can happen outside of CIR when big guns make a decision to do CIR. Please don't blame me or others for this. This is what the people in powers decide.

Will CIR happen for sure - no one can tell yet. Will CIR have things to fix backlogs - there is no doubt. Will it contain 'letting H4 to work', I think it will but no one knows for sure. What can we do? Add our voice to pass CIR, that's all :)

imh1b
01-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Greyhair I think the H4 rule must be opposed.

If it passes then it will affect all other better rules. H4 problem is a symptom of the big backlog disease. Once people get H4 rule many will not even want backlogs cleared. It will be a blow to the efforts of high skilled community. Right now the reason people are still asking for bill is because of the wait time and 50% of the people not being able to work on H4. Once we have H4 rule there will be little incentive to ask for a bill?

H4 bill will also introduce many people in the job market that will negatively affect anything else we want. Better get the real thing like backlog reduction aka medicine for the disease of backlog.

We must all write to USCIS against the H4 rule and reject it.

imh1b
01-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Rams2012 ran away like a rat when asked to give his info. Ha Ha Ha

imh1b
01-22-2013, 12:11 PM
what does it mean .. r you against ROW ..

I am against the pests from ROW that are racist and selfish. This does not mean all ROW. I am also against pests from non-ROW too.

greyhair
01-22-2013, 12:18 PM

If it passes then it will affect all other better rules. H4 problem is a symptom of the big backlog disease. Once people get H4 rule many will not even want backlogs cleared. It will be a blow to the efforts of high skilled community. Right now the reason people are still asking for bill is because of the wait time and 50% of the people not being able to work on H4. Once we have H4 rule there will be little incentive to ask for a bill?

H4 bill will also introduce many people in the job market that will negatively affect anything else we want. Better get the real thing like backlog reduction aka medicine for the disease of backlog.

I disagree with you. Letting H4 to work should pass. For long time my wife could not work so I know the feeling. Probably you did not experience this so you don't know the problem.

Based on what the President said and based on media comments from Senators, the bill will have things to address green card backlog. It will not hurt if immigration bill has something to let H-4 to work in the bill.

greyhair
01-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Do you want to give a company? I can offer you beer also. Also I have Indian snakes like mixture,Samosa etc. You are welcome to my house any time.

Smells like racist comments

vishalgupta2
01-22-2013, 12:30 PM

I find it funny the way a small typo changes snacks to snakes? Or is it just some ROW troll who has no clue what he is saying?

greyhair
01-22-2013, 12:35 PM
I find it funny the way a small typo changes snacks to snakes? Or is it just some ROW troll who has no clue what he is saying?

This is not a typo. It has 7 differences in key strokes:

snacks
snakes

Rams2012 is not a ROW either. He is anti-immigrant. People like him want all immigrants to leave.

vishalgupta2
01-22-2013, 12:41 PM
This is not a typo. It has 7 differences in key strokes:

snacks
snakes

Rams2012 is not a ROW either. He is anti-immigrant. People like him want all immigrants to leave.

I was just being polite there. :)

greyhair
01-22-2013, 01:03 PM
Read the article.
A Hard Line on Immigration Reform Lurks in Obama's Inaugural Speech - Businessweek (http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-01-21/the-hard-line-on-immigration-hidden-in-obamas-inaugural-speech)
If any releif happens it will happen with or without IV. Everyone realized that high skilled immigration is top priority. I am sure it will happen even without your effort if time comes. Before that it will not happen whatever effort if you take. I can bet that you will not get any relief if CIR fails this year. Can you deny that? Of course if CIR passes you will get a big relief. Even IV core understands that. If you do not like truth you will use the words coward or cancer. Truth is always bitter. Why should I beg for green card in TV? If USA needs you they will give green card to you. If you want to get green card faster you have options like upgrading to EB2 or even EB1. You do not have a patience to take criticism how can I trust you and follow you if you are leader? How can your effort succeed? These tendencies might have sent many IV members out. Anyhow it is upto you to change or you are free to use dirty words(Yes it is democratic forum????)

If any relief will happen with or without this forum then why are you wasting your time here? :rolleyes:

I can smell wolf in sheep's skin. People who are against immigration bill or people who don't want to see it pass will try to invoke fear of a failure. You anti immigrants will say things like - What if it doesn't pass?

You are trying to discourage people like me from giving my voice to support a bill so that people here are not telling their stories on TV. Now you are scared that immigration bill might pass this time so you are throwing out nefarious ideas to stop people like to participate.

Everyone is already aware so EB is a top priority

Is it not possible that everyone is now aware of EB issues because people who went out told their story? Don't you think it's possible that people like us have influenced the debate and we need to just do what we have been doing?

even without your effort if time comes

Everyone will get when the time comes. Does it mean everyone should stop working and doing anything and just wait for the "time to come"

If CIR fails, then no relief this year

There are things we can control and then there are things we cannot control. No one knows if CIR will pass, not one know if it will fail. Only people who want it to fail, want to infuse fear of failure and the hell after that. You are from Tamil Naidu, you sure know that Gita says do the karma and not worry about failure.

US will give green card if they need you, Why should I beg for green card in TV

US needs me, which is why I'm here. I'm here on the invitation of my employer. It is in my interest to ask for things that are important for me and my family. No one is begging. We are asking for fairness, nothing wrong with that.

These tendencies might have sent many IV members out

Are you one of those crazy disgruntled IV member who was banned? That explains.

Yes it is democratic forum?

Funny that after saying everything that you want to say, after attacking people like me on this forum, after telling us that we are nothing because US doesn't want us - now you question if the forum is democratic :rolleyes:

chtummala
01-22-2013, 01:37 PM
I am against the pests from ROW that are racist and selfish. This does not mean all ROW. I am also against pests from non-ROW too.
i am sorry to ask this ..
whats wrong did they do ..

longwait4gc
01-22-2013, 01:44 PM

I am glad IV doesn't share the same view as yours. This is worst anti-immigrant comment I heard.

imh1b
01-22-2013, 01:50 PM
The root cause of the problem is greencard delays. H4 issue is a by product.

So by asking for H4 permit we undermine the action items for main work.if the root cause is solved, H4 will get greencards and they can work too.

In 2007 everyone got EAD and stopped doing action items. This is why we did not get bill passed in 2008. We should not make the mistake and go for the root cause. Let us stop being selfish and see the big picture.

longwait4gc
01-22-2013, 01:57 PM
When President the Congress is taking about CIR bill, why would they want to pass a rule for 'letting H-4 to work' outside of CIR? Sorry if I did not explain it properly earlier. When everyone is talking about CIR, why will they do H4 work authorization rule? Think about it.

I and a few others here are not opposed to the rule for 'letting H-4 to work'. We are just trying to explain the issue. And if CIR is being discussed, should people at the table talk about backlogs or 'letting H-4 to work'?

The types of Rams, yeda are anti immigrants. They are just asking nefarious questions like will EB relief be there in CIR - or - will it ever pass etc

What I have learned from these forums is that no one knows ahead of time if it will pass or not. But all bets are off and nothing else can happen outside of CIR when big guns make a decision to do CIR. Please don't blame me or others for this. This is what the people in powers decide.

Will CIR happen for sure - no one can tell yet. Will CIR have things to fix backlogs - there is no doubt. Will it contain 'letting H4 to work', I think it will but no one knows for sure. What can we do? Add our voice to pass CIR, that's all :)

This will have very small impact so I don't think administration will put effort to block this. Whereas STEM bill takes away visas from diversity queue so they could take a clear stance.

IV has the ability to make this happen. If this happens IV will have more supporters (Current generation of GC applicants). Imagine I go home and tell my family I am donating money to an organization which doesn't care about you vs an organization who fought for your EAD.

chtummala
01-22-2013, 02:13 PM

"H4 problem is a symptom of the big backlog disease" true ..

"H4 bill will also introduce many people in the job market that will negatively affect anything else we want. Better get the real thing like backlog reduction aka medicine for the disease of backlog." they get the work permit if back log issue is resolved ..
i oppose your opinion on this .. i prefer that they should able to do job ..

eastindia
01-22-2013, 02:22 PM
This will have very small impact so I don't think administration will put effort to block this. Whereas STEM bill takes away visas from diversity queue so they could take a clear stance.

IV has the ability to make this happen. If this happens IV will have more supporters (Current generation of GC applicants). Imagine I go home and tell my family I am donating money to an organization which doesn't care about you vs an organization who fought for your EAD.

What makes you think IV is not working for it. As a donor member I can say that. They have given us updates in the past many months before it showed up on forums as a news.

longwait4gc
01-22-2013, 02:39 PM
What makes you think IV is not working for it. As a donor member I can say that. They have given us updates in the past many months before it showed up on forums as a news.

Good to know.
Honestly I stopped contributing from last month because I don't have any insight on what IV is doing.
It could post updates on non controversial things to keep up hopes for all of us or give donor forum access for people with recurring contributions.

greyhair
01-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Good to know.
Honestly I stopped contributing from last month because I don't have any insight on what IV is doing.
It could post updates on non controversial things to keep up hopes for all of us or give donor forum access for people with recurring contributions.

I don't have access to donor forum either. But I will not say that giving work permit to H4 is not controversial. Anyone who wants a specific provision to take them to the next level believes that their provision is non-controversial/low hanging fruit/easiest to do/can pass in a day etc. Nothing has happened for very long time. It just is an indicator how difficult it is to get anything done. Anything related to immigration is as controversial as anything else in immigration space.

Flyingcrow
01-22-2013, 05:24 PM
I am amused at the manner people are fighting on this forum. Being a newbie I was expecting some same discussion and updates, and some note on effort required to move ahead. Do this site even sport an admin?

Flyingcrow
01-22-2013, 05:26 PM
I meant *sane not same.

Flyingcrow
01-22-2013, 05:44 PM
I saw the message, as well was about to startup a donation. But being new and suspicous shot a mail to site admin, to get an update on how active this group is and get some direction, I got no reply.

gk_2000
01-22-2013, 06:20 PM
I saw the message, as well was about to startup a donation. But being new and suspicous shot a mail to site admin, to get an update on how active this group is and get some direction, I got no reply.

No problem with activity, dude.. as you can see, there are many discussions that are current. I suggest you hang around a few months, ignore the crap discussions, and read the meaningful ones by Pappu and IV core, then decide what to do once it is clear to you if IV concerns are the same ones as yours ..

Flyingcrow
01-22-2013, 07:20 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3074226-two-more-holds-on-hr3012.html#post3535955

Here an admin is talking about action items, but this is a way old thread back from July last year, after which I see the mails about the rally/event.

But dont see anything for the last two months from December when I joined this group.

eastindia
01-22-2013, 07:38 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3074226-two-more-holds-on-hr3012.html#post3535955

Here an admin is talking about action items, but this is a way old thread back from July last year, after which I see the mails about the rally/event.

But dont see anything for the last two months from December when I joined this group.

There maybe many posts by pappu after that. You did not see any action item because it was not publicly available. But I know being a donor member that there were many meetings in the last 2 months and some updates were given. You need to stick around and see the next public action item.

You need to reach out to IV if you want to be active. Contact info is on ImmigrationVoice.org - Contact Us (http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=76&Itemid=65)

cool_desi_gc
01-22-2013, 08:25 PM
Why is this EAD to H4 become such an important thing right now ? Is the bill atleast giving EAD to dependents whose spouse has a pending GC application or they get an EAD as soon as they land in the country.

If a spouse want to work, they should apply for H1 as the quota is available for longer times now than in the past. Remember EAD is more flexible than H1 because of the flexibility in terms of stamping etc. What is stopping them to apply for H1 ?

I totally understand the frustration about the spouses. If there is an option already available in the current process, we should leverage that and not try to push for new laws to make things easy for us.

Just my 2 cents

pappu
01-23-2013, 06:30 AM
Good to know.

Every small to big immigration relief is controversial. It is incorrect of us to claim something is an easy fix. Even if some of us think it is non controversial, does not mean it is. Have we reached out to other pro and anti groups and asked them their opinion? Are we sure that by pushing for a fix will not rattle other special interests and they will not ask for their fixes.... And it will destroy everything and we will be back to dealing it in CIR whenever it happens? And who should be doing all this work? IV core that is a handful of folks with full time jobs and families. So it is irritating that people expect us to travel every week to DC and other states, take time off from work for meetings, go on conference calls all the time on weekdays and weekends, sacrifice family time and there are people who cannot even contribute a petty amount of $25 and appreciate the hard work. And when they do not see a post with an update, they threaten to cancel their petty amount subscription. And should we stop our advocacy work and work on who is subscribing, canceling each day. If we had a full fledged staff and office we could have done that. For now we had only people who showed long term commitment and had a history be in donor group. We will soon add new people but only those who have been a Long term contributors. It is a waste of time to give access to people who contribute for a month and then do not. IV core and volunteers have spent thousands of our own on travel, stay, car rentals, food etc on IV work. Not to mention exhausting vacation time and spending weekends on IV work.

A lot of awareness is needed. The thousands of ignorant people signing online petitions is an indicator how much learning curve we have if we want to be successful. When we started this effort, we got a meeting with the highest office and we in the team thought that after this meeting all our issues will be solved once we give our ask list and tell about the problem. Then we can happily close the website and spend our time advancing our careers or get another degree etc. But it has been 7 years since then and thousands of meetings of IV members later we only have few fixes done till now. So you see it is a slow process. It will continue to be a slow process. HR3012 kind of bill was first introduced by our efforts in 2008 in the house by Rep Zoe Lofgren. This was no small effort and was couple of years of work to reach there. It was never voted. But it was a good start. We continued to work hard and in 2011 it was not only introduced as HR3012 but also voted and passed the house. It took us a Long time to get here after 2008. And the entire 2012 was spent focussing on Senate and reaching out to each office for their support. This is not an easy task. We made very good progress in 2012. So if someone says bill is dead or if IV is not accepting defeat etc kind of sentences, it shows how ignorant they are of the process and they really need to educate themselves first. We deal with so many such fools on the forums and when I read such posts I really wonder if people for whom I am spending my precious time really deserve the hardwork and fruits of labor of the handful?

The only way any fix can be a fast track process of fixes is either we do a large scale advocacy effort with lot of resources and full time staff in DC and/ or we also do street marches of tens of thousands every few months like the work done by undocumented. Then surely we can expect something like an executive order, quick admin fix or a smooth passage of bill. How many of you reading this post showed up in San Jose last year? Before we ask for update or action item we should each ask this question. How many of us desperately seeking H4 rule have volunteered their time to IV especially since H4s have more time than H1s leading this effort with their full time jobs? How many of us have an ongoing recurring contribution right now?

But on the contrary all we see on forums are people fighting for petty issues. EB3 saying EB2 are fraud.EB2 saying EB1 are fraud . Eb1 saying both EB2 and 3 are trash and they are the real genious. Or fights between countries, people from states and what not. But rarely people are willing to work together, sacrifice their time and resources.