PDA

View Full Version : bring new born of LPR to us

catherine13
12-25-2012, 03:25 PM
hello,im under f2a category ill deliver my baby before getting my visa ,my husband is green card holder my question is :
-what is the process for the baby and what form should we prepare when he born?
-how much time for case of baby to be accepted at nvc?
my case already completed at nvc ,just wating for my case to be current?
thanks.

sunny1000
12-26-2012, 12:08 PM
hello,im under f2a category ill deliver my baby before getting my visa ,my husband is green card holder my question is :
-what is the process for the baby and what form should we prepare when he born?
-how much time for case of baby to be accepted at nvc?
my case already completed at nvc ,just wating for my case to be current?
thanks.

I think the baby gets the green card at the POE when the mother accompanies her during the first trip back to the U.S after the your immigrant visa.

"If a child is making his/her first entry into the United States as a lawful permanent resident (LPR), the CBP officer must complete a Form I-181, Memorandum of Creation of Record of Lawful Permanent Residence, for the child. A child is permitted into the U.S. without an immigrant visa as a new immigrant in certain, limited situations. This visa exemption arises if the child is born to an accompanying parent after issuance of an immigrant visa to the parent but before the parent's initial admission to the U.S. (Essentially, the child is born abroad after the parent/s obtain their immigrant visas in their passports, but before they come into the U.S. as immigrants.) The visa exemption also exists for children born abroad if they are under 2 years old and were born during a lawful permanent resident mother's temporary absence from the U.S. In order to qualify for this benefit, the child must be accompanied by the parent upon the first return of the parent to the U.S. following the birth of the child. The parent must be able to establish evidence of the parentage of the child and the parent's own evidence of being an LPR. The child will get a temporary I-551 stamp in the passport upon entry to the U.S. The CBP officer should also take a copy of the birth certificate to submit with the Form I-89 and Form I-181 to request the creation of the physical "green card" for the child."

The above was on Murthy website. Please also see the below website:

Green Cards for Children Born on Trips Abroad (http://www.dazlaw.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=117:green-cards-for-children-born-on-trips-abroad&catid=34:columns&Itemid=54)

Hope this helps and good luck. Happy New year!

catherine13
12-26-2012, 12:29 PM
thank u for your replay, when i asked they told me when u give birth u should fill form ds 230 and i824 and wait for process and they will send one medical exam and same interview with baby and prepare passport for baby is that enough
-im asking for forms to complete at the time of giving birth what to do and what forms should we send to nvc and our consulate ???