PDA

View Full Version : Please help - strange situation when re-entered US using AP

gs77
12-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Hi,

My wife went to her home country for about 3 weeks and came back last Friday, at JFK airport. My son and two other relatives were travelling with her. My wife was carrying her Advance Parole. My son and two relatives are US citizens. Someone in immigration area directed my wife to follow one queue, my son and two relatives to another queue.

She submitted her passport, Advance Parole along with filled I-94 form to immigration officer. Immigration officer took her photograph, finger print, etc., entered all the data
into their systems, then returned her passport along with her Advance Parole and said
'you are all set'.

Then she left JFK airport for our home, about 140 miles away. When she reached home,
I called her and ask to check her passport and other documents. She observed as follows :

1) There is no I-94 (usually they stapled to the passport).
2) There is no stamp in her Advance Parole.
3) There is a stamp in her passport, says 'Admitted NYC', signed by immigration officer,
along with date Dec 07, 2012.

She had to wait about 2-3 hours in queue due to large crowed, my son and two relatives came out in a few minutes. As soon as Immigration officer returned her passport, she had to run to join my son and two relatives and did not get a chance to verify everything at the airport.

Usually, the immigration officer direct people to another office/room for verification who comes with Advance Parole. But it looks like that immigration office did not instruct her
to go to another office or room instead he/she stamped in her passport and let her go.

I really do not understand, what happened and what to do ? can you please suggest ?

Thanks!

madhu345
12-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Visit local CBP office they will fix it.

SGP
12-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Hi,

My wife went to her home country for about 3 weeks and came back last Friday, at JFK airport. My son and two other relatives were travelling with her. My wife was carrying her Advance Parole. My son and two relatives are US citizens. Someone in immigration area directed my wife to follow one queue, my son and two relatives to another queue.

She submitted her passport, Advance Parole along with filled I-94 form to immigration officer. Immigration officer took her photograph, finger print, etc., entered all the data
into their systems, then returned her passport along with her Advance Parole and said
'you are all set'.

Then she left JFK airport for our home, about 140 miles away. When she reached home,
I called her and ask to check her passport and other documents. She observed as follows :

3) There is a stamp in her passport, says 'Admitted NYC', signed by immigration officer,

She had to wait about 2-3 hours in queue due to large crowed, my son and two relatives came out in a few minutes. As soon as Immigration officer returned her passport, she had to run to join my son and two relatives and did not get a chance to verify everything at the airport.

Usually, the immigration officer direct people to another office/room for verification who comes with Advance Parole. But it looks like that immigration office did not instruct her
to go to another office or room instead he/she stamped in her passport and let her go.

I really do not understand, what happened and what to do ? can you please suggest ?

Thanks!

I just checked with one of my friends who flew into Houston, TX on Sat Dec 8. He used his advance parole document for the 1st time. He said that he was given an I-94 in the other office/room. He said there are 3 parts to the I94. They attach one to the passport, the 2nd part to the advance parole document and the 3rd they retain for their records. I would suggest calling an attorney & speaking to them for this. As per me it is not her fault as she was not given proper instructions.

kishorda
12-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Is it possible USCIS started implementation of paperless I-94.

ILW.COM Discussion Board - Bloggings: I-94 Goes Paperless by Danielle Beach-Oswald (http://discuss.ilw.com/content.php?853-Bloggings-I-94-Goes-Paperless-by-Danielle-Beach-Oswald)

gs77
12-10-2012, 02:32 PM
I'm not sure whether they already implemented paperless I-94 ? also I'm not sure
why they did not stamp in her AP, my lawyer is also suggested me visit local CBT
office, we are going to visit local CBT office tomorrow.

I'll update tomorrow.

Thanks!

gccovet
12-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Went through similar situation, except that I used H1B to reenter at JFK.
CO stamped my I-94 (I saw him stamp it) but forgot to stamp on my passport. I had to go to local CBP to get it corrected. CBP stamped my passport with the date I had entered, though, they did not stamp it with "JFK" entry port as they did not have the stamp with them, they used the City name where their CBP office was. I have saved all the paperwork, letters I wrote (explaining what happened), complaint against the Officer etc. I have also retained Plane tkt stubs etc( and made few copies of I-94 as since then, I went out of US 5 times).
Local CBP officer assured me that the stamp without "JFK" shouldn't cause any issues.
(keeping my fingers crossed).

hopefullgc
12-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Any update gs77 ?

bang
12-15-2012, 11:07 AM
I traveled in July using AP and was given I94 at the first counter itself. I was not sent to the secondary check.

sunny1000
12-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Hi,

'you are all set'.

Thanks!

As far as the I-94 goes, you technically don't need it you are on I-485 AOS as the date they stamp does not mean anything. But, you may want to get the Parole stamped with the correct date just in case USCIS asks for proof of travel.

gs77
12-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Initially, we contacted local CBP office, explained the situation and provided all the
documents but no positive response so far.

Last Wednesday, we drove to Deferred Inspection office located at JFK airport,
terminal 8, first floor. We found there address from CBP's website.

We explained everything and showed the passport and AP, without any questions,
they stamped in her passport and AP both mentioning 'PAROLED'. They put actual
arrival date. Also issued I-94.

So, we are all set. And thanks for your suggestions!