PDA

View Full Version : Immigration & physical therapists

honest123
12-05-2012, 03:30 AM
Please see the following news:

Our Immigration Rules for Physical Therapists Need Rehabilitation - Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2012/12/03/our-immigration-rules-for-physical-therapists-need-rehabilitation/)

Not only physical therapist but also all US-trained health profession foreign graduates get stuck in the immigration issues. Not only immigration issue but also their future. A few days ago, I read some online forum and news talking about Georgia state doesnít renew all health professional licenses for foreign graduates and some other states donít issue US health professional licenses to foreign graduates. Then those foreign graduates do NOT have US licenses bring it back to their home countries and cannot take another licensing exam in their home countries for medical jobs. They are forced to work non-medical jobs in their home countries. Their careers and immigration are getting stuck in both. In Canada all health professional graudates issue green card for their immigration but NOT US. Most of those health graduates pay expensive tuition fees to their study in US and they are from rich familiesóso why US donít let them immigrate and bring money inflow to US for better US economy??ó-I just donít understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, hope all health profession foreign graduates can immigrate very soon without delay and at the same time they can bring money to US for immigration and set up companies in US. Then US economy will be upgraded very soon. Unluckily no one present this issue to Congress for immigration legislation!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please see the following news:

Our Immigration Rules for Physical Therapists Need Rehabilitation - Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2012/12/03/our-immigration-rules-for-physical-therapists-need-rehabilitation/)

Not only physical therapist but also all US-trained health profession foreign graduates get stuck in the immigration issues. Not only immigration issue but also their future. A few days ago, I read some online forum and news talking about Georgia state doesnít renew all health professional licenses for foreign graduates and some other states donít issue US health professional licenses to foreign graduates. Then those foreign graduates do NOT have US licenses bring it back to their home countries and cannot take another licensing exam in their home countries for medical jobs. They are forced to work non-medical jobs in their home countries. Their careers and immigration are getting stuck in both. In Canada all health professional graudates issue green card for their immigration but NOT US. Most of those health graduates pay expensive tuition fees to their study in US and they are from rich familiesóso why US donít let them immigrate and bring money inflow to US for better US economy??ó-I just donít understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, hope all health profession foreign graduates can immigrate very soon without delay and at the same time they can bring money to US for immigration and set up companies in US. Then US economy will be upgraded very soon. Unluckily no one present this issue to Congress for immigration legislation!!!!!!!!!!!!

supender
12-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Stuart, I must thank you for bringing to everyones attention, how our immigration and licensing system is failing to fill the gap between the Physical Therapist- the country needs and the Physical Therapist Ė we are producing.Unfortunately, the system is also failing the Foreign Born Physical Therapist ( more specifically those born in India and china), who have been working here and waiting for green card from last several years. A lot of us are re-thinking our decision to stay in the country and work- as long waits for green card can be very frustrating. No green card means, you canít buy your house of dreams, grow your familily, start a private practice- a small business and change jobs freely. In last few years, I have seen a lot of Physical Therapist leave to settle in Canada, Australia, India and China; most would have stayed and contributed to economy by providing services, hiring people and buying houses,if the immigration system was fair to them. HR-3012 -Fairness for skilled immigration bill which passed the house with overwhelming support was our chance to this fainess, but seems like it wonít see the light of day in the lame duck session of the senate