PDA

View Full Version : Denied entry on AP

wtg4gctoolong
11-13-2012, 02:41 PM
I, Primary applicant currently in USA filed AOS under EB3 waiting for approval
Family was in USA filed AOS along with primary applicant. Working for same employer who filed petition.

Family traveled to Mexico to meet relatives and took break for few months - 4 months to be specific (all are Mexican citizens). While returning by road, they are denied entry on AP; asked to go back to Mexico.

What should we do? Really tensed, can anyone give some inputs?

hiralal
11-14-2012, 05:44 AM
Family was in USA filed AOS along with primary applicant. Working for same employer who filed petition.

Family traveled to Mexico to meet relatives and took break for few months - 4 months to be specific (all are Mexican citizens). While returning by road, they are denied entry on AP; asked to go back to Mexico.

and what was the reason given for denial ? you may need to spend some money on a lawyer ..

ivgclive
11-14-2012, 12:37 PM

what was the reason they gave to CBP for the 4 months break?

AP may not be used for vacations or pleasure travels. It is for business & emergencies. It is clearly written in the document.

shouldIwait
11-14-2012, 01:10 PM
what was the reason they gave to CBP for the 4 months break?

AP may not be used for vacations or pleasure travels. It is for business & emergencies. It is clearly written in the document.

Wrong info. What you've said above applies to AP issued in case of emergencies. There is NO pre-condition on the purpose of visit.

wtg4gctoolong
11-15-2012, 09:39 AM
we were under same impression that you can travel multiple time for any type of visits. but we are confused after this incident and refusal for entry

ivgclive
11-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Wrong info. What you've said above applies to AP issued in case of emergencies. There is NO pre-condition on the purpose of visit.

5 years before AP documents came with 'types of travels' allowed. Now they don't specify. It could trigger you to think in that way.

I am glad that you believe that CBP instpectors are trained on this so soon!