PDA

View Full Version : VFS replaced by Stanley in Mumbai - still required to submit documents in advance ?

residency.now
10-30-2012, 01:47 AM
Hi. United States Embassies in India have changes their vendor from VFS to Stanley. I was wondering if anyone knows if the embassy in Mumbai still requires documents to be submitted in advance. I couldn't find the information on their website. I know that used to be the case when VFS was the vendor (3 days in advance). But not sure what the new rules are ? Would really appreciate if someone has a link, can point me to it.

Can pay the fees online now though - so thank god for that !!

manojpwagh
10-30-2012, 09:06 AM
there is no need to submit documents 3 days in advance now

sorcerer666
10-30-2012, 01:02 PM
Hi. United States Embassies in India have changes their vendor from VFS to Stanley. I was wondering if anyone knows if the embassy in Mumbai still requires documents to be submitted in advance. I couldn't find the information on their website. I know that used to be the case when VFS was the vendor (3 days in advance). But not sure what the new rules are ? Would really appreciate if someone has a link, can point me to it.

Can pay the fees online now though - so thank god for that !!

Don't have to submit documents but need two appointments now. One for the visa interview at the embassy and the other a biometrics appointment at the OFC.

Don't think this necessarily streamlines the process.

residency.now
10-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Well, that sucks ! Two appointments ? That's worse than having to submit documents in person 3 days in advance for those who don't live in Mumbai and need to travel elsewhere in India. Waste of time ...