PDA

View Full Version : Visa for future wife

jayred
10-19-2012, 12:39 AM
My future wife/fiancee is in India. I am a green card holder. Can she come here to the US on student visa and then we get married? Is it legal to apply for green card (based on marriage) when she is on F-1.
Another option is to marry her when I go to India. Will she get a tourist visa since I (her husband) am in the US?
Thanks.

jetflyer
10-19-2012, 08:47 AM
My future wife/fiancee is in India. I am a green card holder. Can she come here to the US on student visa and then we get married? Is it legal to apply for green card (based on marriage) when she is on F-1.
Another option is to marry her when I go to India. Will she get a tourist visa since I (her husband) am in the US?
Thanks.

This forum is only for Employment Based Greencard Visa. IV dont deal with family based Visa issue. Please support HR3012

Dear Pappu can you please delete this post:)

Thanks

jet

sunil9911
10-19-2012, 09:05 AM
:) Here No GCs for current wifes, you are worrying about future wife.:)

jayred
10-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Nice way to seek support for the bill - genius!!
No wonder you are in EB3.

spicy_guy
10-19-2012, 10:51 AM

Lol!

Bit of sarcasm, for fun..

1. So you have multiple wives (You said "current wifes")
2. You are planning for a future wife too...

Let me call your wife... :-)

this aside,

I guess his questions is genuine, though he is off the GC hook already.

greendream26
10-19-2012, 11:01 AM
It would be fun to configure SIRI(Iphone Personal assistant) to say call me Wife-1 Wife-2 ..... Thats funny.... jus joking nothing personal..... !!! :-):D

nrmarrivada9
10-19-2012, 12:42 PM
Thanks.

Hey,
Option 1 is sound and well tried. My colleague is a citizen and he married a foreigner who is on F1 (got married in US). He sponsored her green card and he hasn't complained of any issues bearing the cumbersome paperwork and visits to offices. I guess you should follow same route.

Again, the onus is on you to choose option 1 or 2.

nrmarrivada9
10-19-2012, 12:49 PM
This forum is only for Employment Based Greencard Visa. IV dont deal with family based Visa issue. Please support HR3012

Dear Pappu can you please delete this post:)

Thanks

jet

It is absolutely okay to post a question seeking clarifications on any immigration issue regardless of category. If you noticed the forum posts, the questions stretch above and beyond the specificity that you mentioned.

ivgclive
10-19-2012, 02:37 PM

Does your wife know that you have "wifes"?

It is "wives" not "wifes"

2009EB3
10-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Since you are a GC holder, your wife's GC process will take years. And she cannot stay in USA as your dependant until her GC approved.

You can marry F-1 holder and can apply GC for her. After F-1, she cannot stay in USA based on pending GC.

(Please check above with attorney)

And It's hard to get tourist visa. Even if she get's, it's just a tourist visa and you guys will not be together all the time.

My suggestion, get married only after she get's F-1 visa. Staying separately after marriage is not good for both of you.

And yes....some times Green Card is not any better than Indian Ration card.

Thanks.

jayred
10-19-2012, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the replies. I think I will go with option 1.