PDA

View Full Version : Applying for UK Tourist visa while in H1b Extension

amrita2206
10-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Can anyone please help?
I am on H1b extension and in January i am planing to go to my home country for my visa stamping. While this travel i wish to visit UK. Can i apply for tourist visa for UK from USA while being in H1b extension?

rajkanna
10-18-2012, 06:31 PM
I don't think you can do it. A valid unexpired H1B visa required or AP document required.
With H1-B extension & expired H1B visa stamping; we can apply only for In-Transit visa.
Hope this helps. With expired H1B stamp on Passport; we need In-transit visa travel through London.

amrita2206
10-18-2012, 10:39 PM
Is it I can't apply for any visa for another country while I am here in USA with my H1B extension?

simple.life
10-18-2012, 11:12 PM
i had expired h1 stamp and 797 extension approval but wasnt allowed to even transit through their airport without a uk visa which i thought was a bunch of bs considering they occupied my country for 200 years. :D

amrita2206
10-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Yeah I know they don't allow to even have a transit in their airport at this situation without transit visa which is a ridiculous rule. But I thought I can apply for tourist visa like transit one. All waste. Its terrible. I am just not able to see my family as they have been rejected for USA tourist visa and same for me as I can't apply for UK visa.

simple.life
10-19-2012, 12:52 AM
just to clarify...after they told me i couldn't transit without a visa, i applied for one at the LA consulate and i got a multiple entry 30 day uk visa

amrita2206
10-19-2012, 08:04 AM
You applied for transit visa rit? Do you have any idea if they allow tourist visa in that situation?

simple.life
10-19-2012, 08:24 AM
I applied for tourist visa (not transit) and got it without any issues with expired h1 and 797

amrita2206
10-19-2012, 08:27 AM
OMG .... Just Amazing. U just made my day :) Thanks.... i have some hope now.
But why they gave you just for 30days?

simple.life
10-19-2012, 02:00 PM
from what i can recall there are tourist visas with various validality periods like 30 days, 6 months, 5 years etc; the costs of all are different so i applied for what i needed at the time

amrita2206
10-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Oh I C, Thanks friend for such a relief. I will be applying for it by next month.
Can you gime some idea on what specific documents you required for that since its a little different case that normal tourist visa.

Did they wana c ur academics certificates?

simple.life
10-19-2012, 10:52 PM
not only will you need academics if your IQ is below 180 they wont give you a visa :p

amrita2206
10-20-2012, 07:10 AM
hahahaha is id :D

seemashetty
09-28-2013, 03:35 PM
My H1B is expiring on 15th october.I have the H1B exten approved.
While travelling to indian on 28th October i want to to via London.
When in india, i am going to stamp by H1B visa. on my way back to USA, i want to visit my sister in U.K for a week.

So i want to apply for U.K visa now itself from here since i am in india for only 3 weeks and aplying for u.s visa and u.k both in indian is not possible since there is not much time.

Can i apply from here. except that the travel date i show to U.K is around November 24th. nd after october i wont have valid visa stamping in my passport ?

krishmunn
09-29-2013, 10:05 PM
My H1B is expiring on 15th october.I have the H1B exten approved.
While travelling to indian on 28th October i want to to via London.
When in india, i am going to stamp by H1B visa. on my way back to USA, i want to visit my sister in U.K for a week.

So i want to apply for U.K visa now itself from here since i am in india for only 3 weeks and aplying for u.s visa and u.k both in indian is not possible since there is not much time.

Can i apply from here. except that the travel date i show to U.K is around November 24th. nd after october i wont have valid visa stamping in my passport ?

You can. But if you ask for Visa starting Nov 24, you will not be able to transit through UK during your onward journey to India (because your H1 will be expiring)

bsnf
07-17-2014, 09:41 AM
Currently on EAD & AP and live in North Carolina.
I am planning to visit India in Dec and would like to stay 4 days in London for sight seeing.
I know that I need to apply for a 6 month general Visitor visa and it cost $142.
The visa application process is online

Anyone who has applied recently can you please help with the following questions ..
1) Biometrics - where is the Biometrics done, is it at VSF global office or the UK embassy in NY.
2) What is the cost for the Biometrics
3) If at VFS global office, do they have local offices. How do we find their office locations - could not find on their website or google
4) Do I need to submit my documents in person at their New York office, or I can mail them.
5) Is there any additional fees involved besides the $142 visa application fee.

Appreciate any help. Thanks