PDA

View Full Version : change job on I-140 while Less then 1 yr left on H1B

findnewjob
10-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Hi,

I am in a very confusing state. My GC was filed in 2010 in EB-3 and I have received I-140 approval on it. I am currently on my 7th year on H1B and my visa validity is till next year Aug-2013. I am getting a very good offer from another employer and he is ready to file my GC after 6 months of Joining.

Could someone please let me know

1. Can I change the job now and Will I need to get my GC filed (Perm and I-140 ) approved before my next visa extension?
2. Does both Perm and I-140 are required to be approved before the next visa extension or only Perm is enough for 1 yr of extension with my new employer?
3. Will It put me in a risk of loosing H1B Visa all together if I am not able to get Perm approved before my next H1B extension?

Thanks

SGP
10-08-2012, 09:44 AM
Hi,

I am in a very confusing state. My GC was filed in 2010 in EB-3 and I have received I-140 approval on it. I am currently on my 7th year on H1B and my visa validity is till next year Aug-2013. I am getting a very good offer from another employer and he is ready to file my GC after 6 months of Joining.

Could someone please let me know

1. Can I change the job now and Will I need to get my GC filed (Perm and I-140 ) approved before my next visa extension?
2. Does both Perm and I-140 are required to be approved before the next visa extension or only Perm is enough for 1 yr of extension with my new employer?
3. Will It put me in a risk of loosing H1B Visa all together if I am not able to get Perm approved before my next H1B extension?

Thanks

Please update your profile so that members can give suggestions.

Thanks