EB1 INDIA: CURRENT
EB2 INDIA: 01SEP 04
EB3 INDIA: 15 OCT 02

praskar
09-10-2012, 05:11 PM
typo - yes Sept 04, NOT EVEN Oct.

dhesha
09-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Why there is a huge difference in dates for India vs Chine? Any logic?

reddymjm
09-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Am loving this

gten
09-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Am loving this
Why?

pappu
09-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Did this bulletin match those predictions posted on lawyer websites? Everyone was giving free publicity to those recently by posting links? Did they come true? How many months are years were they off?

I wish I had announced that IV will provide accurate prediction of the bulletin in San Jose. A lot more would have come. :)

It is time to stop wasting time waiting for bulletins every month and do something so that all of us can get current very soon. HR3012 is something we should put our weight behind instead of being disappointed every month.

sijinkj
09-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Am loving this

Me too man... After hearing a lot of "I'm on EB2 I dont care" and "I've got my EAD I dont care", when approached for the summit, I was wishing for something like this.

Sorry Guys - I'm a junior member(dont have the maturity of core team) :rolleyes:

praskar
09-10-2012, 07:52 PM
TBH, I never cared much for the people who weren't doing the AI using reasons such as "oh I'm on EB2, I'll be current soon" because such folks were always going to NOT do the AI, irrespective of the circumstances.

CKR
09-10-2012, 07:58 PM
One thing to be noted.

I checked Google news and some major news websites, no where did the SAN Jose IV meet showed up in the news.

Obviously other lawyer websites chose not to report it.

Not to Disappoint or discourage the members here, but we should be more vocal about 3012 and should propagate the message to a wider audience than just the forum visitors.

-CKR

simple.life
09-10-2012, 10:38 PM
things have to get worse before they can get better. EB2 at Sept 2004 is shocking and should get more people involved in IV efforts.

I been there, i know how it feels, looking at visa bulletins and getting depressed at the situation. It took 10 years to get my GC, i survived and so will you if you don't give up. I missed the july 07 filing window because i quit on june 10th 2007 after getting frustrated with the GC process. 1 day before the dates went current!. At that time i thought it was the worst decision of my life. Little did i know God opened a new EB2 door in Feb 2008 and in 2011 i had my GC. Don't let things like a visa bulletin tear you down. Stay positive and get involved with IV.

jetflyer
09-10-2012, 11:29 PM
One thing to be noted.

I checked Google news and some major news websites, no where did the SAN Jose IV meet showed up in the news.

Obviously other lawyer websites chose not to report it.

Not to Disappoint or discourage the members here, but we should be more vocal about 3012 and should propagate the message to a wider audience than just the forum visitors.

-CKR

I think now we should start supporting CIR with whole immigrant community and try add our points into that big bill. we will get support from everyone and news coverage too.

just my thought...now waiting for pappu's input.

Thanks

gk_2000
09-10-2012, 11:41 PM
issue is we dont have unity.pappu is right...

we should support hr3012 bill..thats the only solution

EB3 to EB2 porting should be stop

Don't you start that all over again. We have every right to port. Just because it is inconvenient for you personally doesn't mean it is wrong or bad.

Channel your anger and thoughts. Being as it is, that you are so "educated".. what use is it if you can't hold on to rationality and reason in the face of a little emotional upheaval

lostcause2007
09-11-2012, 12:44 AM
Did YOU attend the summit? I doubt it since you just seem like another arm chair expert.Lets stop acting all holier than thou. Bottomline is our high skilled immigrant community (irrespective of EB2 or EB3) is selfish and best for arm chair criticism only. We always need to be suffering or hanging by a thread (EAD not renewed in time, stuck with visa stamping etc) to wake up and act.

If you ever tried to convince an EB2 to attend the rally you would understand :p

sijinkj
09-11-2012, 12:52 AM
issue is we dont have unity.pappu is right...

we should support hr3012 bill..thats the only solution

EB3 to EB2 porting should be stop

What???? Why should it be stopped????? If someone is eligible for EB2, what is wrong in porting? One can be selfish, but this is too much, and by the way NICE UNITY

gk_2000
09-11-2012, 02:17 AM
Did YOU attend the summit? I doubt it since you just seem like another arm chair expert.Lets stop acting all holier than thou. Bottomline is our high skilled immigrant community (irrespective of EB2 or EB3) is selfish and best for arm chair criticism only. We always need to be suffering or hanging by a thread (EAD not renewed in time, stuck with visa stamping etc) to wake up and act.

It would be interesting to hear you explain what exactly makes me seem an expert of the armchair variety. But, for the record, I did attend the summit

cool_desi_gc
09-11-2012, 09:32 AM
EB3 to EB2 porting should stop. Look at the bulletins dude. People from 2002 are still in the queue to get their 485 approvals. Porting is the only way for these people. Quite frankly they are all eligible for porting as they have 10 years of experience without a doubt in this country.

kumar700
09-11-2012, 09:55 AM
70% of my friends who are in EB3 backlog are porting to EB2 including myself. How long we have to wait. This whole process is terribly unfair. How come fresher with Masters is given greater preference than a guy who has 10 expereinece in same skill in the US . Does experience and living the american culture do not count, What a flawed system. Hopefully 3012 will bring some fairness.

Edison99
09-11-2012, 10:01 AM
You are right!

Edison99
09-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Porting EB3 to EB2 will NOT help EB3 folks, is it okay for you?!

ascetic
09-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Why there is a huge difference in dates for India vs Chine? Any logic?

Well in 2006 and earlier, USCIS has 1350 pending preadjudicated applications from India. Only 75 are pending from China. In fact CHina might be able to comfortably wade through 2007 and most of 2008 in FY2013.

simple.life
09-11-2012, 12:02 PM
I ported from EB3 to EB2. Nobody can tell me that after working for 10 years and being eligible for social security benefits i should have not ported EB2.

If you are waiting for the dates to get current, don't focus on the eb2 folks instead focus on helping everyone by working with IV to get 3012 passed.

srij
09-11-2012, 12:03 PM
I highly recommend dipeshchauhan as the champion to unite us all !!! :D

Let us give him the benefit of doubt. He typed the 1st line and then an anti hacked into his account and typed the rest. :D

srij
09-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Let us give him the benefit of doubt. He typed the 1st line and then an anti hacked into his account and typed the rest. :D

Sorry I meant the first 2 lines. :)

needhelp!
09-11-2012, 12:24 PM
:D

I totally understand the sentiments of the volunteers after this visa bulletin.

Anyway, the success of this effort on HR3012 still depends on you to cast away your doubts and do the right thing.

And the right thing is to support Immigration Voice, participate in the action items and, contribute for this bill to pass.

gk_2000
09-11-2012, 02:18 PM
To admins
Two suggestions, for what they are worth
1) Close this thread as this is turning ugly and bringing out the inbred anti's out of the woodwork
2) The iron has NEVER been hotter, to issue action item, and all the more considering the short time left for the window to close

To the other folks here. IV is not a place to air grievances toward your fellow immigrants, but to get together and LEND your VOICE toward action that will benefit our community. If you have grievances go elsewhere, maybe join numbers and do some math

residency.now
09-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Recently became involved/active and informed. But I am aghast at how many folks are fighting over EB2 vs EB3, porting issues, etc ! (I am EB2 - for disclosure).

Seems like HR3012 should help us all guys ... let's try to just get that passed first ?
We'll face plenty of opposition, as is, from folks who benefit from this discriminating practice of per-country cap. We don't need to be fighting amongst ourselves ...

I wish I was more informed (and involved) a little earlier, but hey better late than never ? :)

Just wanted to write a few encouraging words after this bummer of a bulletin. I am sure if we all put our energy behind HR3012, we'll see results that we all can be happy with soon.

Waiting to hear more from the core team of IV !

ascetic
09-11-2012, 02:22 PM
To admins
1) Close this thread as this is turning ugly and bringing out the inbred anti's out of the woodwork
2) The iron has NEVER been hotter, to issue action item, and all the more considering the short time left for the window to close

To the other folks here. IV is not a place to air grievances toward your fellow immigrants, but to get together and LEND your VOICE toward action that will benefit our community. If you have grievances go elsewhere, maybe join numbers and do some math

I have to agree with gk2000. This porting discussion is only resulted in bad mouthing and hate rants.

vshar
09-11-2012, 02:56 PM
To admins

Don't worry buddy, these are reminiscent of hurricane visaBulletinOct2012, it will blow away soon let us all focus on HR3012.

seahawks
09-11-2012, 03:02 PM
The argument and passionate discussions between EB3 and EB2 amazes me. When EB1 gets backlogged, they will also say EB2 should not be allowed to port to EB1. Folks situations are our biggest enemy. If we react to visa bulletins and start fighting over categories, it clearly shows the immaturity of folks fighting over this. When we filed in EB3, there wasn't any wait times as it is today. Companies preferred EB3 positions so that they could keep the employee in the company for sometime. Today the situation has changed, companies know if you file for and EB2 position, they can still keep the employee for the while. It does not matter how qualified you are, it is the position you are applying in and the job classification. The intent of the classification did not stop a Master candidate to apply for an EB3 position. It is not your qualification that defines what category you are, it is the position you apply for and the classification and advertisement that is being done. I have found high school kids who are better developers or can do most of our jobs and even faster for that matter. So stop this EB3-EB2 nonsense. Lets work together and agree, nobody should be waiting 10 years for a GC, sure EB2 applicants, should be ready to wait for 3 years and EB3 may be 5 years, but the idea that EB2 should get their green cards as soon as they file and EB3 is okay to wait 30 years is ridiculous. When I hire people, qualification and degrees are secondary to attitude and willingness to learn and the ability to execute and take up ownership. These are the traits for me to hire and promote a person. At the end, the ROI for a company does not directly relate to hiring people with Masters, but to hire people with the right mind set, ability to communicate, articulate and do their job well. So stop complaining and lets work towards getting together to get HR 3012 passed.

neelu8
09-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Folks can we please refrain from Eb2 vs. Eb3 discussions and be respectful to everyone. I am going to delete all those posts. Any category based arguments and comments will not be acceptable here. IV works for all employment based immigration reform and works on whats fair and right. Period.

If it not clear to everyone that legislative fix is the only way forward, it should now be.
It is a very critical period right now for our bill. Stay tuned for more action items, spread the word and contribute so that we can put more resources into the lobbying efforts. This should be a call for action for those who have been on the sidelines. Channel your energies and frustration towards fighting for change as opposed to venting on forums and tracking, predicting etc.

StuckInTexas
09-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Guys, lets stop bickering about EB3 versus EB2.
If EB3 guys are porting to EB2 that is only because they are eligible after years of service.
There might be some fraud by bodyshoppers but most candidates are qualified.

Let us talk numbers.
Here is the demand data for EB2.
Here are some things I find surprising.

1. Demand from 2002-2008 is only 5500. I was expecting this number to be large because of porting. Is it safe to assume these will get cleared out in FY 2013? So even though 2004 date sounds scarier than 2006, things will move fast until we hit 2007. What we should be scared of is stagnation fro years.

2. 2008, 2009 demand is the most surprising to me. That was the worst time in terms of jobs and I did not expect candidates to be applying for EB2 in uncertain environment.
This suggests that lot of guys switched jobs or guys who ported had their EB3 during this period.

3. 2010-2012 numbers are low.

Good news for 2007 guys is that you are next. bad news for 2009 guys is that 2008 will take long time to get cleared. 2010 guys have it worse because they are behind two monster years. So If you are in 2012 you are almost same as 2010.

Period Cumulative Demand added
2002-2006 1350 1350
2007 5500 4150
2008 20000 14500
2009 30900 10900
2010-2012 34000 3100

CKR
09-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Guys, lets stop bickering about EB3 versus EB2.
If EB3 guys are porting to EB2 that is only because they are eligible after years of service.
There might be some fraud by bodyshoppers but most candidates are qualified.

Let us talk numbers.
Here is the demand data for EB2.
Here are some things I find surprising.

1. Demand from 2002-2008 is only 5500. I was expecting this number to be large because of porting. Is it safe to assume these will get cleared out in FY 2013? So even though 2004 date sounds scarier than 2006, things will move fast until we hit 2007. What we should be scared of is stagnation fro years.

2. 2008, 2009 demand is the most surprising to me. That was the worst time in terms of jobs and I did not expect candidates to be applying for EB2 in uncertain environment.
This suggests that lot of guys switched jobs or guys who ported had their EB3 during this period.

3. 2010-2012 numbers are low.

Good news for 2007 guys is that you are next. bad news for 2009 guys is that 2008 will take long time to get cleared. 2010 guys have it worse because they are behind two monster years. So If you are in 2012 you are almost same as 2010.

Period Cumulative Demand added
2002-2006 1350 1350
2007 5500 4150
2008 20000 14500
2009 30900 10900
2010-2012 34000 3100

THERE are 15000 EB2 I 140's approved just in 2012 financial year.
Check the attached file from USCIS for reference.

CKR
09-11-2012, 06:56 PM
After a zillion tries I finally give up on uploading the file (tried, .png, .zip, .doc) nothing works.
But you can find the same information about the certified labors in DOL wesite

pappu
09-11-2012, 06:59 PM
To admins

Those looking for action item now are too late to wake up. They missed it by a few days and it will cost them a few years and maybe decade of wait time. they should all have shown up in San Jose. Only 2000 showed up. All other hundreds of thousands were busy playing cricket , predicting, tracking, hoping for a miracle or hair cut appointment.

Action item is over folks. Only a handful of guys who are desperate for greencard will work day and night for everyone sacrificing their personal life and career. All others can continue to enjoy retrogression and whine.

Sorry. But I am in a really bad mood today seeing all the deleted posts of the thread where eb2 and eb3 guys are whining. We all do not deserve HR3012 or any other bill.

Doing a big event is no small task. The least one can do if one did not show up is to contribute.

If we want to start over then the first starting point is to support Immigrationvoice by contributing. We did a big event. At least say thanks to all who organized it and offer your token of gratitude to others who stood up for you while you were enjoying your Saturday afternoon.

pappu
09-11-2012, 07:11 PM
After a zillion tries I finally give up on uploading the file (tried, .png, .zip, .doc) nothing works.
But you can find the same information about the certified labors in DOL wesite

Try uploading from IV wiki and put its link here. It works for large files. Forum has a size limit.

StuckInTexas
09-11-2012, 09:38 PM
THERE are 15000 EB2 I 140's approved just in 2012 financial year.
Check the attached file from USCIS for reference.

I am guessing these can be ported as well.
If these are new EB2s they would not matter but if most of these are ported then they make a huge difference even to 2007, 2008 EB2.
So these are in addition to demand data given by USCIS.

gk_2000
09-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Those looking for action item now are too late to wake up. They missed it by a few days and it will cost them a few years and maybe decade of wait time. they should all have shown up in San Jose. Only 2000 showed up. All other hundreds of thousands were busy playing cricket , predicting, tracking, hoping for a miracle or hair cut appointment.

Action item is over folks. Only a handful of guys who are desperate for greencard will work day and night for everyone sacrificing their personal life and career. All others can continue to enjoy retrogression and whine.

Sorry. But I am in a really bad mood today seeing all the deleted posts of the thread where eb2 and eb3 guys are whining. We all do not deserve HR3012 or any other bill.

Doing a big event is no small task. The least one can do if one did not show up is to contribute.

If we want to start over then the first starting point is to support Immigrationvoice by contributing. We did a big event. At least say thanks to all who organized it and offer your token of gratitude to others who stood up for you while you were enjoying your Saturday afternoon.

I can only imagine your frustration at this point. I asked for the action items only because Mr. Aman had seemed optimistic at the summit, that it will be passed.

I am of course infinitely thankful to all active volunteers for their superhuman effort. I admire your energy, guys. In fact it is hard to put in words my true feelings about all you have done and so admirably well, so simply chose to remain silent

virat
09-11-2012, 11:36 PM
I was there for the summit and enjoyed being part of the movement. The summit was great and topics covered were good as well. I tried convincing many of my friends for this but none paid attention thinking that they are in EB2 and their number will be next. However many of them asked me later about how was it.

However I was hoping for a larger crowd. I was not there for the DC summit, and don't know how many people attended that. I think at that time more people wanted their applications to be accepted hence they came in large numbers, while this time many of those old people have already got the GC (in EB2 category) and they no longer want to participate. Possibly many in EB3 also have EAD and were not too eager as well.

Pappu, one of my friend's wife wanted to volunteer for the H4 cause. Pappu let me know who to contact for that.

pappu
09-12-2012, 06:27 AM
I can only imagine your frustration at this point. I asked for the action items only because Mr. Aman had seemed optimistic at the summit, that it will be passed.

I am of course infinitely thankful to all active volunteers for their superhuman effort. I admire your energy, guys. In fact it is hard to put in words my true feelings about all you have done and so admirably well, so simply chose to remain silent

Yes true. This bill will pass. We are very optimistic and this is why we all are working very hard every day. Now after this summit, many more people are joining this effort after coming to know what we do , how we do and hearing straight from the people from congress and administration. This is one of the achievement of the event. Our next action item will be much stronger due to the awareness we have created. People have been mostly thinking of us as just a website forum. They do not really know how advocacy works. I met so many people who narrated stories of their struggles. Despite all the posts n the forums where people pose as keyboard ninjas,in my experience meeting people in person I have found them to feel weak and scared due to the greencard struggles despite their degrees and high designations. Many people I met only knew about predictions and what they hear from lawyers. They came because their friends asked them to. If our community is stronger our action items will be stronger. This is why we need to cntinue to do events where people meet and talk. It is also something all IV state chapters should think about. We can do small meetups over weekends and bring more awareness And confidence in people to issues. People need to know that they can themselves work and get fix done rather than praying and hoping for somebody to do something for them.

pappu
09-12-2012, 06:32 AM
Virat Send me a PM with details if someone wants to volunteer. We are always looking for volunteers. However in our efforts we do not look at issues in isolation and do not have volunteers to work on just one issue. All issues are related and working for the main goal helps also tackle small issues alng the way.

needhelp!
09-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Those who are looking for action items, print a bunch of flyers and post them in your neighborhood grocery stores, universities, apartment complexes and wherever you think there is a high concentration of affected people.

You can find the flyers here: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3052016-updated-quick-action-item-july-2012-a.html

There are a million people affected by the issue, we need to find each one of them and inform them that there is only one unique organization serving only their interest.

immguser
09-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Virat Send me a PM with details if someone wants to volunteer. We are always looking for volunteers. However in our efforts we do not look at issues in isolation and do not have volunteers to work on just one issue. All issues are related and working for the main goal helps also tackle small issues alng the way.

Pappu,

How about having another rally in Washington, DC? Crowd will be very high this time if you could make that happen?

Any suggestions from the community?

Thanks,

Immiuser

pappu
09-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Pappu,

How about having another rally in Washington, DC? Crowd will be very high this time if you could make that happen?

Any suggestions from the community?

Thanks,

Immiuser

Next time there is a talk of an immigration bill after this year it will be in 2014 or 2015 for CIR. People can plan for 2015. :D I will not be there. Don't have that much patience. But if others want to do it they can go ahead. This San Jose was the only chance for people to show up this year. If something happens then all 2000 will be ones to take credit for it.

paskal
09-12-2012, 12:23 PM
immguser:

organizing a large event takes a significant "something" out of us! many of us spent days and nights in the run up to this event getting things together. many others spent countless hours in the run up doing outreach and making calls. people manned booths at fairs, went to temples and gurudwaras, created radio ads and travelled for town hall meetings. i think it was a significant achievement that we collected 2,000 people and packed the hall for Cong. Lofgren, but we are still cognizant of the fact that many fold that number are waiting in the bay area alone and it takes so much cajoling to get people to spare an afternoon for their own good. Also, much of that "persuasion" was done by people who already have a GC! go figure!!
besides all this effort and time, the events are very very expensive to organize. we want to reserve such large efforts for when we have specific goals and can get maximum bang for buck. it would be great to have another event but its not clear that it would change the relevant dynamic in DC right now. a different approach is called for in these upcoming days and we are fully engaged.

thanks for your enthusiasm, hope to see you fully engaged with action items in this critical time!

spiderman
09-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Pappu,

I was at the rally. I flew from Seattle. I have a gc. And I'd be a citizen next year.

Now, how can I help?

I realize that there is an incredible amount of apathy in our community about this issue for various reasons and hence the 2000 turn-out. But that should not dishearten those of us who fought.

I dare not compare myself to the likes of Gandhi and Mandela. But, I am sure they were part of events that did not bring out as many people as they liked. And I am sure that did not stop them.

I feel your frustration. But, we shouldn't stop now. Do what you have been doing; Lead!

Your efforts and IV's efforts are now at the edge affecting a generation of change. You know it. :mad:

pappu
09-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Pappu,

I was at the rally. I flew from Seattle. I have a gc. And I'd be a citizen next year.

Now, how can I help?:

Thank you very much for coming and showing support. All members who got greencards and wish to continue supporting this cause should contact IV. We have a much larger role for you where you can get more politically involved. Please contact with your name, email and phone number to reach you and discuss the opportunities to take this effort to the next level. We already have several IV members who have greencards working on this behind the scenes. More people joining this group will be a good boost.

pappu
09-12-2012, 05:41 PM
High skilled immigrants are known to be not very active politically. The percentage of such citizens going to vote is very less. This needs to change if we have to voice our opinion for the benefit of our community. It is an area to bring awareness. Even while waiting for greencards we should be talking about local politics in our state and national politics. How many of us do it? How many of us discuss politics with our US citizen friends? How many of us have gone to hear the candidates in our towns? All we do is discuss our PD. Students only want to discuss H1B. H4 only want to discuss ability to work. Labor guys only want to discuss labor delays and audit. Those who filed 485 only discuss EB1 fraud , predictions and if porting is good for America. Indians only think about India date, other countries only care about their date movement. Each person waiting in line nly thinks about the people in front of him and feels jealous and think they all are fraud :) we all need to go beyond the narrow lens and think like one big community. We make it a point when talking to everyone to not have a narrow point of view that revolves only around our own application or benefit. Likewise those who got greencards should not just think their part towards this community is over. Learn from other interest groups in this country how they work like a unified community. We can achieve many things if we all think about the person waiting behind us and not just who is in front of us.

DallasBlue
09-12-2012, 06:00 PM
High skilled immigrants are known to be not very active politically. The percentage of such citizens going to vote is very less. This needs to change if we have to voice our opinion for the benefit of our community. It is an area to bring awareness. Even while waiting for greencards we should be talking about local politics in our state and national politics. How many of us do it? How many of us discuss politics with our US citizen friends? How many of us have gone to hear the candidates in our towns? All we do is discuss our PD. Students only want to discuss H1B. H4 only want to discuss ability to work. Labor guys only want to discuss labor delays and audit. Those who filed 485 only discuss EB1 fraud , predictions and if porting is good for America. Indians only think about India date, other countries only care about their date movement. Each person waiting in line nly thinks about the people in front of him and feels jealous and think they all are fraud :) we all need to go beyond the narrow lens and think like one big community. We make it a point when talking to everyone to not have a narrow point of view that revolves only around our own application or benefit. Likewise those who got greencards should not just think their part towards this community is over. Learn from other interest groups in this country how they work like a unified community. We can achieve many things if we all think about the person waiting behind us and not just who is in front of us.

all those who are citizens now and support IV , should registervote.org

spiderman
09-12-2012, 06:10 PM
How can I get involved? Where can I sign up? Can you please give me a specific link?

Thank you very much for coming and showing support. All members who got greencards and wish to continue supporting this cause should contact IV. We have a much larger role for you where you can get more politically involved. Please contact with your name, email and phone number to reach you and discuss the opportunities to take this effort to the next level. We already have several IV members who have greencards working on this behind the scenes. More people joining this group will be a good boost.

deepakd
09-12-2012, 06:29 PM
I am happy that for EB2-I the dates have gone back to 2004.
I did do a lot of AIs and am a regular recurring contributor.

Most of my friends did not contribute to IV in any way because their PD is 2008/2009/2010 and they all thought they don't need HR3012 because of rapid date movements for EB2-I.
Now their euphoria has vaporized and now facing the reality.

I'd again ask them to contribute to IV.

Thanks a lot to all who made San Jose rally successful and Hats Off to IV leadership.

DD

gk_2000
09-12-2012, 06:38 PM
I am happy that for EB2-I the dates have gone back to 2004.
I did do a lot of AIs and am a regular recurring contributor.

Most of my friends did not contribute to IV in any way because their PD is 2008/2009/2010 and they all thought they don't need HR3012 because of rapid date movements for EB2-I.
Now their euphoria has vaporized and now facing the reality.

I'd again ask them to contribute to IV.

Thanks a lot to all who made San Jose rally successful and Hats Off to IV leadership.

DD

The Oct bulletin should have popped up just a little earlier ... we would have had much better numbers, from the cozy corners of 2007-12 EB2 PD's

pappu
09-12-2012, 07:50 PM
How can I get involved? Where can I sign up? Can you please give me a specific link?

send an email to info at immigrationvoice.org and we will get in touch

sri1309
09-12-2012, 09:23 PM
3012 is the only hope for Eb2 and Eb3. If for some reason it doesnt pass,
EB2 will also crawl at the same pace as EB3 did till now. Even if porting isnt there, yet there will be very slow movement due to limited #s.
So its time for all, contributors and non-contributors to join the efforts whatever may be, funds, campaign, spreading awareness, etc,.
Its only the matter of when, and not if, that you may have to pack your bags due to the rules that change all the time,unfortunately. You can get stuck somewhere very easily, and loose the oppty.
IV has shown us all via live telecast the proof of their efforts on Sep 8th, and the system too did its part to bring us more closer to ground realities by proof of Oct bulletin.

Ennada
09-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Wow! logging in after a long time.... thought EB2 was in good shape somewhere in 2010. This is really wow.

ascetic
09-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Yep, Sep'04. Is'int that freakin odd... especially since your pd is Dec'04? :p:mad:

nsubash1
09-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Guys,
I was one of the guys who got his green card in Mar 2012. The least I could do was to contribute $200.00 to this great forum.

sasidhar79
09-14-2012, 04:54 PM
please close this thread as it has become a battleground between EB2 and EB3 applicants.

We need to unite and work not fight among ourselves, no wonder the British could use Divide and Rule policy on us.

All this hatred between members of our own community is very shameful.

GCkiyaGanja
09-14-2012, 08:16 PM
I agree 100% please close this thread. People don't understand for whatever reason the backlog is , a backlog is not a good situation for any one .. I have faced backlogs in labor cert and now in 485 ..no amount of fighting and bickering is gonna be helpful.. Please please stop this ..instead support IV and do the best we can.. With all due respect to everyone ..please do the best we can to support IV, we all stand to gain collectively.

please close this thread as it has become a battleground between EB2 and EB3 applicants.

We need to unite and work not fight among ourselves, no wonder the British could use Divide and Rule policy on us.

All this hatred between members of our own community is very shameful.

residency.now
09-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Folks who're fighting over EB2/EB3 are missing the bigger picture. There are quite a few folks out there who'd rather see us be divided and fight amongst ourselves while they benefit from this discriminating policy of per country caps.

dts
09-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Start supporting IV for H.R.3012 who have been on sideline yet.
That is the only solution and bill is very close to SUCCESS.
Get all our friends in EB2 involve.

bigboy007
09-17-2012, 01:00 PM
The only thread that should be NO. 1 is "call senate".. 3012 is the only one that CAN pass

sasidhar79
09-17-2012, 03:05 PM
send an email to info at immigrationvoice.org and we will get in touch

Hi Pappu,

Can you please close this thread. My sincere request is , in future if possible please take necessary actions to prevent hatred and discrimination between EB2 and EB3 applicants.

thank you

regards
sasi

ColdStone55
09-18-2012, 02:03 PM
as I was in similar situation many a times before. Last time 6 months ago, when I was so near to the finish line when USCIS shuttered door for 6 months.
Luckily <fingers crossed> I will be current for a while to get my green card this time.
My PD in May '04, and I was in EB3 till start of 2011, when I started the porting process. I am anxiously waiting for next month to see if my case is adjudicated.
If you are in same boat can you announce yourself so we can check the progress next month.
Also how many months do you guys think it will take to get case adjudicated now, if you are current.
Do you see any chances of date slipping before 2004.

bikram_das_in
09-19-2012, 06:16 PM
EB India will get all the spill over. Sorry Chinese friends.

bigboy007
09-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Longer the community Indians, Chinese etc. divide themselves by EB2, EB3 there will be no progress. There will be no guarantee on spillover will happen all the time if it would have been, dates wouldnt move back. atleast stop the bickering now. concentrate on HR 3012.

bikram_das_in
09-21-2012, 02:13 PM
The division is in immigration law which is testified in VISA Bulletin every month. I am meditating on HR 3012 because like most of us, I hated this discrimination for past 10 years.

Longer the community Indians, Chinese etc. divide themselves by EB2, EB3 there will be no progress. There will be no guarantee on spillover will happen all the time if it would have been, dates wouldnt move back. atleast stop the bickering now. concentrate on HR 3012.

pattangi
09-21-2012, 03:01 PM
My lawyer says the same.....HR3012 will make slight forward movement. But he also says, that the dates will rapidly move after couple of months...fingers crossed. All I need is EAD missed by couple of months. I feel EAD folks are lucky as they almost have the GC in hand.