PDA

View Full Version : Recent surge of pitiful / "URGENT HELP NEEDED ASAP" posts!!!

fall1998
08-22-2012, 01:34 PM
In last few days, many new posts have been started with really pitiful messages by users with no other previous posts, don't know what to make of them! Also, not sure why are moderators not removing them too! Those users just submit that post and then vanish, many other members try to offer help (through system knowledge / experience) / sympathy, but poster is never to be seen after that in the form of any post. Also, some of those posts are unbelievably ridiculous. Examples are like:
- My EAD is expiring tomorrow, I applied for renewal today, what are my options now? Please Help ASAP!!!
- My application for some benefit (put in anything here like OPT / I-485 / I-140 / H1-B etc.) is denied because I violated some clearly specified law, but that law is unfair and must be changed!!!! Please Help ASAP!!!
- My spouse will be applying for J-2/H4/F-2/L-2 visa next week. Please let me know what all documents she needs! Please Help ASAP!!!
- Company A applied for my labor and I-140 and then I left and joined company B which then applied some other application and now I want to join Company C. Will company C apply for some other application? Can I re-use my previous other application or first other application? Please Help ASAP!!!

I am not saying they are all non-genuine, but I doubt if they are all genuine.

Feel free to add to the list.

Cheers!

pappu
08-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Good catch and thank you for pointing out. I went and checked and banned a few, They were part of legal firm trying to get business from forum posts here. Sometimes there are posts others who do not like this effort to succeed. The other day a heckler was posting against IV and talking that he is stuck in India. But he was in US. There are posts from east Europe or China trying to post unrelated stuff every other day with their website links. Do'nt know why people waste time on SEO with such companies who do not even read where they are posting. :) We have all kinds of people and moderators try their best to keep this forum clean. Please continue to reach out to moderators if you find anything suspicious.

f2AVisaVictim
08-23-2012, 06:22 AM
Good catch and thank you for pointing out. I went and checked and banned a few, They were part of legal firm trying to get business from forum posts here. Sometimes there are posts others who do not like this effort to succeed. The other day a heckler was posting against IV and talking that he is stuck in India. But he was in US. There are posts from east Europe or China trying to post unrelated stuff every other day with their website links. Do'nt know why people waste time on SEO with such companies who do not even read where they are posting. :) We have all kinds of people and moderators try their best to keep this forum clean. Please continue to reach out to moderators if you find anything suspicious.

if you can make all postings to appear after moderators approval then it can prevented. just like murthy forum. any reply and new post should wait for moderators approval.

just a advice.

fall1998
08-23-2012, 10:29 AM
if you can make all postings to appear after moderators approval then it can prevented. just like murthy forum. any reply and new post should wait for moderators approval.

just a advice.

That is not really practical for a public forum where moderator are serving with their time and they are not paid. This is not their full time job (I am sure Murthy forum has few people or Ms. Murthy herself guarding the forum posts). Honestly, I feel moderators here are doing a very good job weeding out nuisance users. It is just that we have been seeing a lot of such users lately (may be we IV is getting really really famous / popular).

pappu
08-23-2012, 02:33 PM

just a advice.

We do not have the time, patience or resources to do that. Those who have business interests can do it and those who wish to hang out on forum for the next decade can continue to hang out on such websites debating endlessly on topics. Our effort is to help people not waste their time on immigration and lose their prime years of life. Those that can debate pros and cons of a bill, predictions, if EB2 is smarter than EB3 can do for 100s of pages and can keep doing that for the next decade. Our forum and aim is different. We want people to be working together for a relief so that they do not need to waste time on forums, lawyer renewals, anxieties, career and family life damage due to immigration matters etc.

So if you want to do something constructive for that end, participate actively in what we are doing here. Come for the rally so that we no longer need any forums.