PDA

View Full Version : Changing job while EB3-EB2 porting.


ColdStone55
08-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Hi folks,
I am close to finish line but not without some more turbulence (of course !!) Need some advice from you.
Here's my case:

EB3 Ind with PD May 04. Applied I485 on July 07 with Company A.

Applied EB2 Perm with Company B (consulting) on Sept 2011, I140 cleared on May 2012 with May 04 PD, and interfiled in June 2012, and now waiting for EB2 Ind dates to be available.

Now there is a sudden issue with Company B and end client, and they are ending the contract.

My question is
* Can I change the job now, right before getting a GC, as my I485 is pending for more than 180 days but new EB2 I140 is pending for less days than that.
* If yes do you foresee any risks with USCIS pertaining to GC approval or later naturalization.
* If I change Company B to Company C on EAD, but let the client stay the same, can I justify 'same or similar' job criteria to USCIS, and still be good for GC and naturalization.
* If I change job to a different company on EAD in 'similar field', do I need to get a document from them with job description matching wordings on my I140 application, or is there some other consideration, precaution to take.

tm.efrt
12-11-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm also in the same boat..What's you experience...