PDA

View Full Version : New rally date is September 8th, 2012: Fairness and Freedom March in San Jose, CA

Administrator2
08-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Dear Friends,

We are humbled to have received such a positive response from all in the three days since announcing the planned "Fairness and Freedom March" in San Jose, California. The overwhelming response to the rally has been extremely encouraging. Thanks to everyone who has reached to volunteer to plan and organize the event. After seeing the response from IV members around the country, we are more confident than ever that our collective voice will ensure the passage of H.R.3012.

One positive development that we are glad to share is that some key lawmakers have expressed their desire to address the rally and show support for H.R.3012. These offices have been long time supporters of our bill and their continued support is very crucial for us. Unfortunately, we must change our chosen date for the rally in order to ensure the participation of these key supporters. To accommodate their varying schedules and in the interest of our success, we are moving the date of the "Freedom and Fairness March" to September 8th, 2012. The presence of these key officials will attract a lot more attention to our rally and will also help us maximize our chances of getting H.R. 3012 passed at the earliest date possible.

We understand that many of you from far off places have made travel plans and arranged to take time off from work to travel to California. We have not made this decision lightly, and we sincerely hope you understand that this change is in the interest of our efforts to get H.R.3012 passed. Raising our voices together for the "Fairness and Freedom March" is a key component of our overall strategy, and we can not leave any stone unturned to maximize its impact.

If you have made flight arrangements or any other reservations that will have to be changed, please contact us at rally@immigrationvoice.org or our coordinator at (202) 386-6250, so that we can work with you to reduce your inconvenience. We will do all that we can.

This positive development and requests to reschedule have happened in just the past few hours. We will update the flyers and other grassroots messages to reflect the updated information. Our first priority is to get this new information to our members/volunteers as soon as possible, and we will update you regarding the venue and other details shortly. We truly look forward to an even more massive and successful "Fairness and Freedom March" starting at 10am on September 8th, 2012 in the Bay Area.

Thank You,
Immigration Voice

Administrator2
08-09-2012, 11:22 PM
ACTION ITEM:

Flyers Attached.

Please print and post in all grocery stores, temples, etc visited by high-skilled immigrants across the country.

Please also print and distribute it in parks, malls, public places to immigrants and request them to join this rally.

===========
===========
Posters:

Design 1

http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/images/e/eb/Turvi76_Rally_Flyer.pdf

Design 2

http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/images/b/b8/Rally_poster1.pdf (B&W)

Design 3

http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/images/c/cc/Rally_poster2a_color.pdf (Color without tear-off strips)
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/images/a/a1/Rally_poster2a.pdf (B&W without tear-off strips)

Design 4

http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/images/6/63/Rally_poster3_color.pdf (Color)
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/images/f/f1/Rally_poster3.pdf (B&W)

Design 5

http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/images/2/26/Rally_poster4_color2.pdf (Color)
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/images/a/a2/Rally_poster4a.pdf (B&W)

==============
Cards
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/images/1/1c/5x7_cards.pdf
=========

cleopatra
08-10-2012, 05:39 AM
Thanks for the update. This is great news. Our goal is to get the bill passed. Thanks to IV for getting the bill to this stage and for all the efforts.

If changing the dates will help the bill, I am all for it. This is a fantastic opportunity and let's keep the momentum going.

Now the more people who join the effort, the better it is and with the update, it will certainly help with the momentum and in bringing exposure to the discriminatory practices in the system.

Let's work together and bring fairness to the system.

Once again thanks for the update and the great news.

kumar4875
08-10-2012, 08:42 AM
are we organising another rally in east coast too?

srij
08-10-2012, 09:25 AM
We were able to change the dates. No problem. :) BTW we are flying southwest from Newark,NJ.

mantagon
08-10-2012, 09:42 AM
...to change the flight dates too!
The rally will be even more exciting and noteworthy, now that some of the key lawmakers will be there to supoort our cause...

Go IV!

pappu
08-10-2012, 09:52 AM
are we organising another rally in east coast too?

Only in San Jose. People are flying in from all corners. Every IV member has to come there if they need the bill to pass. It is mandatory.

amitjoey
08-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the update Pappu. The date change allows certain lawmakers to address the rally and get us more attention in the national press- more better.

All Power to IV.

mantagon
08-10-2012, 10:14 AM
...you owe it yourselves! Now that the rally is postponed by 2 weeks, each one of you should make it.
There are 100 guests on this thread as we speak, so a humble request to each of you - please don't be a mere spectator - ACT! This is definitely not an issue where you can afford to be a cheapskate in terms of money, time and efforts. If you have even an iota of gratitude towards what IV has managed to do so far in the face or adversity, then please have the courage to be there.

Thank you!

Only in San Jose. People are flying in from all corners. Every IV member has to come there if they need the bill to pass. It is mandatory.

needhelp!
08-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Changed our flights.. got better route with only one stop. Southwest saves the day!
AND.. best part about the change, +1 for the rally, convinced the DH to to come and make it a family trip....

UDParin
08-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Probably I am little late to join immigrationvoice but its better to be late then never :). Same thing goes with March. I want to say all immigration who are waiting for GC patiently , its already too late for lot of people who are waiting from decade to get the GC but now its time for better. Now is the time or it will be never. You can't blame others if yourself not committing to come to this march. Ask yourself how many times we get chance in life to support / help thousands of people with just one sacrifice. Take 1 day out of your life and make this March biggest ever. We will not only correct the unfair system but will get lot of blessing from people who are waiting for their GC from decades.

Pappu, I am not sure if any one has suggested all these thoughts but i do have few suggestions. See if it helps to make this march successful.

1) Get the list of all senators who supported or might support HR3012 and send one personal letters requesting them to attend the March. After all we don't have anything to loose. Explain them how this reform will help US to clear the immigration backlong and will contribute on US economy - housing rate etc.

2) Send letter to all companies who sign of supporting HR3012 and ask them to contribute if they can. Request them to give the support to our March. Its win -win situation for everyone.
3) Send letter to all universities who sign in support of HR3012 and put the flyer on their student board to come and support us. We might get huge response from Chinese and Indian.
4) We have lot many doctors from China and India waiting for GC lets find connection to doctors and ask them to share with other doctors and bring their friends. Even with small help we will go towards big success.
5) Put some money to advertise about the March on Radio channel like 850Koa etc. Wording has to be choose properly which make every one realize that how its unfair.

Lets make this rally huge huge success so ppl from down the line can produly tell we are in these position because few ppl stand up and they stood united.

UDParin
08-10-2012, 11:55 AM
5) Send letters to all Immigration lawyer requesting them to stand with us and support us on this event. If you believe what we are doing right then support us and inform all their clients if they want to support us.

pappu
08-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Lets make this rally huge huge success so ppl from down the line can produly tell we are in these position because few ppl stand up and they stood united.

Thank you. We have to together make this event successful. We have a lot of positive response yesterday from some offices and we are now more excited about the possible outcome of this rally. We need many volunteers for the rally. Please contact us asap so that you can help with some of the ideas. Please also RSVP for the rally.

UDParin
08-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Thank you. We have to together make this event successful. We have a lot of positive response yesterday from some offices and we are now more excited about the possible outcome of this rally. We need many volunteers for the rally. Please contact us asap so that you can help with some of the ideas. Please also RSVP for the rally.

Sorry for being novice but please let me know how to contact :). I guess I saw some where contact number and email id.
I have already started talking to my colleagues and friends about this and requesting them to support us.

UDParin
08-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Sorry for being novice but please let me know how to contact :). I guess I saw some where contact number and email id.
I have already started talking to my colleagues and friends about this and requesting them to support us.

No Worries.. Got the information :)

UDParin
08-10-2012, 01:09 PM
One more suggestion.
7) Get the list of all registered Indian / Chinease committee eg NRI students relations committee ,Telugu Association of North America and request them to support us and ask their members / Students to support us on the day when it matter most. I believe around 1.5 lakhs student from India registered to NRI student Relations committee every year. We still have around half of month left we can plan on this strategy.

Sorry, I don't have the correct status, I remember reading somewhere. I might be wrong on giving the name of committee but you get the idea if we contact them and get even 10% ppl in our rally then it will make our rally huge. I also don't have any idea how to get the list of all registered Indian / Chinese committee. Probably some of our immigrationvoice member can give us thought how to make the list.

coopheal
08-11-2012, 12:55 AM
Booked the ticket for new date

seahawks
08-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Booked the ticket for new date

+3 changed our tickets to the new date.

pappu
08-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Please post information about the rally in your State Chapter google and yahoo groups.

Please also post on your internal message boards, community email list, google groups, other websites etc.

srij
08-13-2012, 05:54 AM
Thank god we booked in Southwest We were able to change it again to reach san jose, the night before rally date. I am also doing volunteer work, mostly related to calling people over phone asking them to attend the rally. Go IV!

manchala
08-14-2012, 02:20 PM
bump

apshodh
08-14-2012, 02:36 PM
:):D:):D:)

Just imagine -->

You have a friend. You meet him/her for coffee on weekend. As you are talking about you never ending troubles about immigration and you casually tell him/her "are you going to the San Jose rally organized by IV." . He says, he never knew about it. Before leaving, your friend tells you that he will google about it. Your friend goes home and googles "2012 san jose rally immigration voice" . He is taken to immigrationvoice.org . Now what? He is lost in all the forum posts and there is no single and dedicated page for detailed information about rally. Infact even to know the exact address of rally, he has to dig deep in to forum posts to download the flyers PDF. The RSVP link on top does not write in detail full address and time of rally.

Request:
The page which opens on RSVP link, should first of all show this information in clear, precise english.

Venue, date, time, gear (banners, flags etc), nearby restaurants, IV contact for any queries related to rally.

Thank you.

pappu
08-14-2012, 03:22 PM

Just imagine -->

You have a friend. You meet him/her for coffee on weekend. As you are talking about you never ending troubles about immigration and you casually tell him/her "are you going to the San Jose rally organized by IV." . He says, he never knew about it. Before leaving, your friend tells you that he will google about it. Your friend goes home and googles "2012 san jose rally immigration voice" . He is taken to immigrationvoice.org . Now what? He is lost in all the forum posts and there is no single and dedicated page for detailed information about rally. Infact even to know the exact address of rally, he has to dig deep in to forum posts to download the flyers PDF. The RSVP link on top does not write in detail full address and time of rally.

Request:
The page which opens on RSVP link, should first of all show this information in clear, precise english.

Venue, date, time, gear (banners, flags etc), nearby restaurants, IV contact for any queries related to rally.

Thank you.

Thank you. We need volunteers to help implement ideas. We requested you to contact IV so that we can use your expertise. Please contact ritu@immigrationvoice.org ASAP .

pappu
08-14-2012, 06:51 PM
We need more people to volunteer. There is a lot going on various fronts. Please contact ritu@immigrationvoice.org ASAP today.