PDA

View Full Version : Advance Parole experience at Phoenix Airport

srikant9
08-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Hello,

Could anyone please post their experience who have entered recently on Advance Parole at Phoenix airport and how much time it takes there. What questions were asked at the airport?I am planning to purchase a connecting flight from phoenix and would like to know the above.

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Hello,

Could anyone please post their experience who have entered recently on Advance Parole at Phoenix airport and how much time it takes there. What questions were asked at the airport?I am planning to purchase a connecting flight from phoenix and would like to know the above.

AcuraTSX
08-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Hello,

Hello,

I have entered the country thru various airports and here is my experience (at all the airports)

1. The officer at the POE performs a qiuck check of the passport.
2. Then I was asked to go to secondary inspection where the AOS details are checked and then AP is stamped.
Questions asked...
1. How was my trip.
2. Anything acquired abroard.
They usually take about 10 - 15 minutes to check and stamp the papers.
Just make sure you have copies of 140, 485 and an old H1's (good to have) and produce them only if asked.

krishmunn
08-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Bad experience in Boston. Had to wait over 1.5 hours because there were a few complicated case. Did not ask any question though.

sripk
08-10-2012, 01:43 AM
I experienced a really long wait of 3hrs at secondary inspection but may vary from day to day. No questions asked at all though. Btw this time I got a combo card and wondering if anyone entered using this card? Do we need to carry any other docs with EAD/AP combo card as there is nothing for them to stamp unlike AP travel doc?

cool_desi_gc
08-10-2012, 05:44 AM
I had to wait for 2 hours in JFK. No questions asked. But this secondary inspection is where they deal with complicated cases. You had to be in queue. But no questions asked whatsoever. Did not even ask 485 etc. Just passport and AP documents. I travelled on AP atleast 6-7 times in the last 3 years(between Boston, NY and DC). Same experience pretty much everywhere. The wait kills you. Thats it. But otherwise you dont need to worry.

MahaBharatGC
08-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Well, last year when traveled through DC, v had very pleasurable talk with immigration officer. Even joking about the long wait of GC..
We waited for 1.5 hours in secondary inspection room but they said sorry for long wait as my kids were running around and noisy...
But compared to my prior H1B, it was long but v were okay.

srinivas_o
08-10-2012, 02:11 PM
I have used AP two times and it's only about 15-20 minutes wait time at the secondary inspection. No questions were asked.

srikant9
08-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Thank you all for sharing your experiences. It helps.

Anyone have experience entered on advance parole at Phoenix airport specifically? How much it tales there?

Thanks again

laddu0
08-11-2012, 10:14 AM
All:

Its scaring for me. I have a travel plan in Sep 2012 to Calgary, CA through Chicago. I will be using COMBO CARD.
While coming back I have 55 minutes for my connection flight to DC. Really don't know if what happens if takes more than that.

Any experience in Chicago Airport using AP?

faroh
08-11-2012, 10:22 AM
I have been coming into Los Angeles on AP for several years now. It always takes at least 30-45 mins to get through visitors line then 60-90 mins in secondary inspection.
It is very very frustrating to see the immigration officers work so slowly.

I have traveled all around the world. Immigration at most places takes less than 30 mins.

In Germany it took 2 mins! In India about 5 mins, but in the US, 2 hrs on average. The level of rudeness, apathy and condescending attitude is deplorable.

laddu0
08-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Hi All

Just now I found out that there is a facility to do PRE-CLEARANCE while check-in at the canadian airport. Using this one can complete customs and all the formalities before boarding in eight airports in Canada .

Please let me know anyone availed this facility while on EAD/AP.
How long its going to take?

theMan
08-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Hi All

Just now I found out that there is a facility to do PRE-CLEARANCE while check-in at the canadian airport. Using this one can complete customs and all the formalities before boarding in eight airports in Canada .

Please let me know anyone availed this facility while on EAD/AP.
How long its going to take?

You are pretty much going through the AP inspection in the Canadian port of exit. It can take the usual 30-45 minutes. Thereafter, it is like a domestic connection at Chicago upon arrival.

sunny1000
08-13-2012, 11:22 PM
I traveled using AP extensively last year to Canada and back. Basically, they do a secondary inspection (takes about 45 minutes) and let you in. It is the same procedure whether you travel via road or air.

laddu0
08-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Hi All

I have a upcoming travel plan to Canada. While coming back, I will be using my EAD/AP for the first time. Both me and my wife will be using combo card. Please let me know what are all the documents I have to take. Just combo card is enough? or Do I need to take all the H1B document. Any interview will be there at secondary inspection ?

Your help in this regard highly appreciated.

nandu_k_n
08-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Hi All

I have a upcoming travel plan to Canada. While coming back, I will be using my EAD/AP for the first time. Both me and my wife will be using combo card. Please let me know what are all the documents I have to take. Just combo card is enough? or Do I need to take all the H1B document. Any interview will be there at secondary inspection ?

Your help in this regard highly appreciated.

Combo card along with passports, is sufficient. No additional documents required. I just traveled a week back using combo card. No questions asked at Secondary inspection.