PDA

View Full Version : Indian Passport renewal and out of status please help

rockystar
07-27-2012, 11:22 AM
Do due to some personal circumstances I lost my F1 status and my passport has expired too.
The consulates tell you need to show US status before they renew the passport. Is there any way around it ? Is the Houston Consulate easy on this ? what about other consulates ?

ascetic
07-27-2012, 11:27 AM
I do not believe so. If you cannot prove your legal status in the US, indian consulate/embassy will not renew your passport. I think you are in a catch-22 situation now.

2classcitizen
07-27-2012, 11:34 AM
1. Why do u need a passport , are you planning to move back to your country , if yes , then simply explain the situation and prove that once you get your passport , you will move back to your country .
2. If you have lost your F1 student status , you are accruing unlawful status already and you might be removable .
3. the grace period between loosing your F1 Status and applying for another non immigrant status is 120 days . work on changing your status or extending your non immigrant status in B1 or any other non immigrant status .

**** I am not an attorney and this does not constitute and legal advice or the opinion of the immigration law ***