PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: H1B Extension - Job Description Change

i_my_Voice
07-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Hello everyone!

I am in my 7th year of H1B valid until Jan 2013. I have a valid EAD/AP till May 2013. My attorney is asking to start for the H1B extension but my manager wants to change my job decsription completely. Organization title, salary, location everything is same. Just changing job duties entirely as she wants me to handle bigger and different job responsibilities but in the same position, department, title. How will this affect my H1B extension and my pending I-485. I am very confused and would really appreciate any help on this. I just have couple of days of decision timeframe.

Thanks so much in advance!

i_my_Voice
07-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Hello everyone!

I am in my 7th year of H1B valid until Jan 2013. I have a valid EAD/AP till May 2013. My attorney is asking to start for the H1B extension but my manager wants to change my job decsription completely. Organization title, salary, location everything is same. Just changing job duties entirely as she wants me to handle bigger and different job responsibilities but in the same position, department, title. How will this affect my H1B extension and my pending I-485. I am very confused and would really appreciate any help on this. I just have couple of days of decision timeframe.

Thanks so much in advance!
Just to add - it is very difficult to convince a person who was born in US and have no idea about H1B other than she can hire people of H1B. I work for the biggest financial services company and being so close to GC (of course if HR3012 passes - fingers crossed), this is all happening. She likes me very much and that's why giving me a bigger but different job. Our immigration processes are outsourced to Fragoment who just wants to make money as you all know. My manager wants to do the right thing and she even spoke to our legal and HR department - everyone saying her that is ok and she is trying to convince me that it's fine. I know that this is not fine but so hard my friends....My failure to convince her....Just give me your honest opinion on my situation - i will owe you a big time....

Thanks again in advance!!!

snathan
07-24-2012, 01:56 PM
Just to add - it is very difficult to convince a person who was born in US and have no idea about H1B other than she can hire people of H1B. I work for the biggest financial services company and being so close to GC (of course if HR3012 passes - fingers crossed), this is all happening. She likes me very much and that's why giving me a bigger but different job. Our immigration processes are outsourced to Fragoment who just wants to make money as you all know. My manager wants to do the right thing and she even spoke to our legal and HR department - everyone saying her that is ok and she is trying to convince me that it's fine. I know that this is not fine but so hard my friends....My failure to convince her....Just give me your honest opinion on my situation - i will owe you a big time....

Thanks again in advance!!!

GC is for future job and your current H1B job description does not have any bearing on that.

i_my_Voice
07-24-2012, 02:04 PM
GC is for future job and your current H1B job description does not have any bearing on that.
Thanks Snathan but sorry, I am not very convinced. How this will not impact my pending I-485? When we invoke AC21 (I am eligible after october 2, 2012 - Bapu b'day...:)), even then the clause is that the job description should remain same/close. Are you 100% sure that it will not impact my pending AOS app?

Thanks again!