PDA

View Full Version : Breach of Legal Employee Bond

hiiifrndzzz
07-21-2012, 06:31 AM
Hiii,
I have done legal employee bond with my employer, now if my F4 visa file gets current and if i breach the bond and my employer files civil case against me than is it possible that i would not be eligible for the visa ?

WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC
07-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Hiii,
I have done legal employee bond with my employer, now if my F4 visa file gets current and if i breach the bond and my employer files civil case against me than is it possible that i would not be eligible for the visa ?

There is no relationship between visa and bond. USCIS does not go according to
bonds.

Amman
07-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Hiii,
What you mean by bond ? Have you signed any promissory note ? if so it may stand on court. But just an agreement between you and employer may not be a big deal but depends on the language they used. I would take that to an attorney for opinion.

hiiifrndzzz
07-27-2012, 05:04 AM
hi thanks for the reply..! ya signing bond means i have signed a 100 Rs. stamp paper stating that i will have to pay some amount to the company if i leave the company before 5 years from my joining..! Now i am concerned about that if i leave it before 5 years and if the company file a case against me in the court of law then do i have to come back from USA ? or can USC cancel my visa?

imh1b
07-27-2012, 05:28 AM
hi thanks for the reply..! ya signing bond means i have signed a 100 Rs. stamp paper stating that i will have to pay some amount to the company if i leave the company before 5 years from my joining..! Now i am concerned about that if i leave it before 5 years and if the company file a case against me in the court of law then do i have to come back from USA ? or can USC cancel my visa?

You signed something in a third world country using rupee stamp paper. The currency of USA is dollars for your information and USA has labor laws and they are followed. It is not like your third world country where employers scare employees and exploit. Some people from third world countries and employers know the weakness and still exploit people who are scared and cannot stand on their feet. Do a google search on at will employment law in USA.

Amman do not give wrong answers if you do not know. We need to end exploitation of employees and support strict laws against them. Solution is not consult a lawyer and line their pockets. If lawyers were a solution this exploitation would have ended by now through a new law they would have promoted. Exploited employees should complain to DOL.

hiiifrndzzz
07-27-2012, 05:31 AM
sorry but i am an indian citizen currently so it is not a third country currency for me..! I have filed for USA F4 Visa..! So currently Indian laws are applicable on me and not the US laws..!

2classcitizen
07-27-2012, 10:26 AM
Couple of years ago when President Obama visited India , he did mentioned that India is no longer a developing country but India has become a developed country and in turn no longer a third world country .
In India , all the promissory notes and legal documents are binding upon the Notes which shows on the top a rupee value which is in turn a kind of legal fees or the court fees .
Its derogatory to call India a third world country and mentioning rupee in a condescending way .
Back to the question , In USA , majority of the states follows the at will employment meaning , any one can leave the job whenever they want , but sometimes the language in the agreement or say bond says that the expenses incurred in finding the employee will be paid by the employee if the employee just quit the job .
If you do get your F4 , then , you can I think leave the job . But in my life experience , never burn your bridges , always leave your employer with good terms , Employers , you never know when they can help you again . after all that employer helped you come to this country to begin with .
*** this is not a legal advice , nor it constitutes and opinions or legal matter , I am not an attorney *****