PDA

View Full Version : Waiting long time for GC

makusa70
07-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Is it worth to wait for green card again 6 years after 18 years of experience in IT
I am confused now and not able to contribute more in IT ( kind of passive) because of GC
....many times i thought of go back to India...
Any one has same experience like me to share or advice...

Gandhi_II
07-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Is it worth to wait for green card again 6 years after 18 years of experience in IT
I am confused now and not able to contribute more in IT ( kind of passive) because of GC

6 years is nothing. I started this journey 15 years ago. Some even longer.

readblack
07-20-2012, 09:46 PM
6 yrs more now does sound a lot now. Sure if you have some buisness company idea you want to d in India, great.If only job, that would be similar in IT. what diff there.
Factor in possible +ve chnages in US like HR3012. Or recessioon causing more spillover of visas etc.
Said this, I also question GC wait worth all the time. But once u have GC m sure there will be some other.:)

sac-r-ten
07-23-2012, 03:26 PM

It all depends on how to look at it buddy. 6 years you get the GC and kinda rock and roll. So take this 6years and convert your self into a power house to explode after the GC. what i meant is prepare yourself for better positions, proposition that will land you good deals after 6years.
Or
Go back and try the same positions, propositions in homeland, with the experience you have now.

One of my friend just came back after spending 6months in india, trying to find a job of his liking in india with a certain range of salary he was expecting after spending good 10yrs in US and getting his GC last year.

And as most gurus will say, GC should not dictate your life. Its just a journey towards a little freedom, enjoy this journey.

good luck.

Edison99
07-24-2012, 07:31 AM
I agree!
It all depends on how to look at it buddy. 6 years you get the GC and kinda rock and roll. So take this 6years and convert your self into a power house to explode after the GC. what i meant is prepare yourself for better positions, proposition that will land you good deals after 6years.
Or
Go back and try the same positions, propositions in homeland, with the experience you have now.

One of my friend just came back after spending 6months in india, trying to find a job of his liking in india with a certain range of salary he was expecting after spending good 10yrs in US and getting his GC last year.

And as most gurus will say, GC should not dictate your life. Its just a journey towards a little freedom, enjoy this journey.

good luck.

MahaBharatGC
07-24-2012, 09:28 AM
I concur!
Green Card gives you convenience and more choices here in USA but that should not dictate your life. It is always your choice, your career, so you decide!

Or

good luck.