PDA

View Full Version : Lost H1 B Original Document

bvkrmreddy
07-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Hi Guys,

I have an Issue with my H1. Iwould really appreciate some help here.

Recently I found that I lost my H1 B Document. I am not sure when I lost it but I realised it now.
Currently my job is over and I am on bench. When I asked my emplotyer to file for the duplicate he is mentioning that he cannot file that now and would have negative impact on the company and would file only when I get a job.
Will there be really a problem if he files for the duplicate or he is lying to me.

Thanks,
BVR

shabba
07-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Hi bvkrmreddy,
I was in a similar situation(year 2007) but in my case USCIS never delivered it to me(or lost in mail between Employer and Attorney). Here was the response from my attorney office.

The USCIS says we need to file request for a duplicate and it will cost $340.00 and will take around 6 months. So if you can do with it Id suggest using APs.

So I gave up since I had AP. I don't know how much things changed since then.

Also since you are on bench your employer obviously does not want to be in a situation where he can cannot answer for any RFE regarding your project.

bvkrmreddy
07-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Hi Shabba,

Thank you for the reply.

I didn't actually understand what an AP is !!??
Is it Advance Payroll?

So if I get a project now he could apply for a duplicate right?

And if wanted to change my employer would they need my original document or they can use my copy?

Thanks in Advance.

BVR

shabba
07-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Hi BVR,
You will be fine, unless you want to go for stamping, where they require original, for transfers they will not ask you for your originals, a copy is good enough.
Hope this helps.