PDA

View Full Version : Labor stuck in audit. Need advice on moving to another company but keeping old PD

catcher_rye
07-16-2012, 12:42 AM
Gurus on this forum,

I work for a large tech company which laid off employees last year. Consequently, most of their recent PERM applications have been audited or going through SR. My EB2 perm (second, as the first one was EB3) is under audit now :mad: I don't expect a response anytime soon. Not sure if PERM will be eventually approved even after waiting for a year. There could be multiple audit notices or SR or other issues stemming from my company's further layoffs. Seeking advice as to is it better to leave this company and join another and start all over again.

The problem is this: my EB3 application was for a software engineer position while I'll be looking for Product Manager positions now. Since I am on EAD, will there be problem in renewing EAD (expires in Sept 2013) or filing AC21?

Also, will I be able to port my old PD to the new EB2 application? I heard that it hasn't worked in some situations when companies where changed! That will be a bummer.

Lastly, is there any decent company in Silicon Valley that hasn't laid off employees in over a year, is hiring these days, and sponsors GC? Hope such a company exists and is not an utopian dream!

Appreciate any and all responses to my queries.

GCHope2011
07-16-2012, 07:23 AM
Gurus on this forum,

I work for a large tech company which laid off employees last year. Consequently, most of their recent PERM applications have been audited or going through SR. My EB2 perm (second, as the first one was EB3) is under audit now :mad: I don't expect a response anytime soon. Not sure if PERM will be eventually approved even after waiting for a year. There could be multiple audit notices or SR or other issues stemming from my company's further layoffs. Seeking advice as to is it better to leave this company and join another and start all over again.

The problem is this: my EB3 application was for a software engineer position while I'll be looking for Product Manager positions now. Since I am on EAD, will there be problem in renewing EAD (expires in Sept 2013) or filing AC21?

Also, will I be able to port my old PD to the new EB2 application? I heard that it hasn't worked in some situations when companies where changed! That will be a bummer.

Lastly, is there any decent company in Silicon Valley that hasn't laid off employees in over a year, is hiring these days, and sponsors GC? Hope such a company exists and is not an utopian dream!

Appreciate any and all responses to my queries.
Your EB3 priority date can be ported - EB3 and EB2 job specs or company need not be the same for you to be able to do so. So you are better off moving on and finding a place that will move faster...