PDA

View Full Version : Two more holds on hr3012

bibliophile2020
07-13-2012, 08:44 PM
Per Oh's site there are 2 more holds on HR3012. Is it true:(

pappu
07-13-2012, 08:47 PM
There is nothing new about it. We have known it since March of this year. We need to stay on focus and follow action items.

gckahaanhai
07-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Two more holds? Does any one have more information on these holds?

gc_check
07-13-2012, 09:05 PM
There is nothing new about it. We have known it since March of this year. We need to stay on focus and follow action items.

We are with IV and very hopeful this will move forward soon. I have no doubts IV Core is strategically working on this and we are with you core. Ready to do the AI's as needed.

I or other IV members only care about the final results and understand this is not sprint race, but hurdle race and we will get over all obstacles.

IV Members, focus on AI's for now !!! Together we can !!

immigrant2007
07-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Per Oh's site there are 2 more holds on HR3012. Is it true:(

Since you have read about them why don't you copy paste them?

howzatt
07-13-2012, 09:34 PM
I did not find anything on OH's website either. Maybe it was deleted?

I'm guessing this is the other type of hold called anonymous hold. Well, Pappu seems to indicate that We knew this all along. That "We" probably refers to the IV core.

In any case, looks like we've lot more work to do!!!

Here's some info from the "senate hold" WIKI page

Since U.S. Senate rules require the entering of the senator's name into the public record after two days, senators commonly circumvent the limit by using what is called a 'tag-team' on a hold. 'Tag-Teaming' a hold requires at least two senators that want to hold the legislation indefinitely. The first senator (anonymously) places a hold on the legislation, and then, before his or her name is entered into the record, releases his or her hold. The second senator then places an (anonymous/secret) hold on the legislation and repeats the action, releasing his or her hold before the 2 day window is up. The first senator then takes over the hold, and the process repeats itself indefinitely.[17]
Although a hold is placed anonymously, the identity of the senator placing the hold can quickly become common knowledge. Under traditional dictates of Senate courtesy, the identity of the holder is not made public.[18] However, senators have become increasingly willing to identify colleagues who place holds, in all but name.[19]

More info here: Senate hold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senate_hold)

sage2006
07-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Just remember that IV has been and will be ahead of the game when it comes to hr3012. Focus on action items and trust in IV core to do the rest

imh1b
07-13-2012, 09:36 PM
Why are you attempting to create panic and scare. People against he bill will do this until the bill passes. Do not fall prey to that. Trust IV and follow them. They know more than anyone else posting on websites.

sripk
07-13-2012, 10:10 PM
I am aware IV core is working hard behind the scenes but will be great if more light can be shed on these rumors floating around and the chances of this bill getting tabled before elections this year. I have done all AI's and will continue to do so nevertheless.

Administrator2
07-13-2012, 10:18 PM
We have known about the other two holds since March. These holds were put on the bill to prevent adding Irish E-3 to HR3012.

As part of the deal with the two sides, there is no further attempts to add Irish E-3 to HR3012. As part of the agreement, Irish E-3 will be a standalone bill and it will get Up/Down vote i.e. 50 vote threshold (not the usual 60 vote threshold in the Senate). As part of the deal, Irish E-3 bill will not allow undocumented to be eligible to for E-3.And 1/3rd E-3 visas will require minimum Bachelor’s degree, 1/3rd visas will require high school and 1/3rd visas will not require any minimum qualification. To resolve the differences between the two sides, if this Irish E-3 proposal is presented, will get Up/Down vote and it will not be made part of HR3012.

Again, since these holds were put in place to prevent adding Irish E-3 into HR3012, we expect to see these holds release in a reasonable manner.

The agreement between Sen. Schumer and Sen. Grassley for the amendment to HR3012 was a significant step. This was followed by Senator Grassley releasing the hold on HR3012. Our voices are being heard and we are getting positive feedback from Senate offices. We request all members to focus on Action Items and not worry about anything else.

coopheal
07-18-2012, 01:40 PM
Fyi...