PDA

View Full Version : I-94 Issue

mahathi
07-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Hi,

Last year I was stuck in Canada for an issue with my H1B visa. However, before the consulate made a decision I was able to enter the United States with a clause provided by USCIS that "anyone can enter USA from Canada within a month with a valid work permit irrespective of the visa stamping in the passport." With this clause, I was able to enter. I don't remember receiving an I-94 at the border. I need a I-94 at this time for few reasons.

Appreciate if anyone could please let me know how can I get an I-94. I have valid work permit.

Thanks for your help.

Mahathi

anura
07-12-2012, 12:56 PM
USCIS - I-102, Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document (http://tinyurl.com/2x4nck)
Go the above website, download the form and send it in. THat is a link to the USCIS website.

anura
07-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Do notice that it comes with a steep fee. I am wondering if it would be cheaper to go to the nearest port of entry and get another I-94. I've done that once in Sarnia/Port Huron PoE and the officer just laughed and issued a fresh I-94. But then I had a valid visa in my PP.

mahathi
07-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Thank you so much. Appreciate your help.

snathan
07-13-2012, 02:01 PM
Hi,

Last year I was stuck in Canada for an issue with my H1B visa. However, before the consulate made a decision I was able to enter the United States with a clause provided by USCIS that "anyone can enter USA from Canada within a month with a valid work permit irrespective of the visa stamping in the passport." With this clause, I was able to enter. I don't remember receiving an I-94 at the border. I need a I-94 at this time for few reasons.

Appreciate if anyone could please let me know how can I get an I-94. I have valid work permit.

Thanks for your help.

Mahathi

This clause is not applicable if you have appeared for visa interview. The automatic revalidation is applicable only if you are returning within a month from MX/Canada and did not appear for visa interview.

If so, you should contact the attorney.