PDA

View Full Version : EB3-EB2 Porting

Quadrucle
07-12-2012, 07:12 AM
Hi,

My employer filed my EB3 (filed I-140, 2007 Nov priority date) and then I changed my job to a Project Manager and started perm process in EB2 couple of months back. Suppose if EB3-I becomes current for me (2007Nov), will I be able to file 480? The reason why I am asking this question is because I filed EB3 as a programmer and now I am a PM.

TIA.

mayurcreation
07-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Hi,

My employer filed my EB3 (filed I-140, 2007 Nov priority date) and then I changed my job to a Project Manager and started perm process in EB2 couple of months back. Suppose if EB3-I becomes current for me (2007Nov), will I be able to file 480? The reason why I am asking this question is because I filed EB3 as a programmer and now I am a PM.

TIA.

Definitely you can use your previous EB3 priority date. Don't forget to include approved copy of EB3 - I140 when you file your EB2 I140.

Your new company lawyer will ask to port EB3 priority date to new EB2 I140 when he will file your new EB2-I140.

Hope this help.

Good Luck!!!

Quadrucle
07-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the reply, but I think my title for the posting might have given a wrong message -

My question was not whether I can port my priority date to EB2 filing, it was whether I can go ahead with the EB3 itself if it becomes current (concern if it is possible due to change in the job title).

mayurcreation
07-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the reply, but I think my title for the posting might have given a wrong message -

My question was not whether I can port my priority date to EB2 filing, it was whether I can go ahead with the EB3 itself if it becomes current (concern if it is possible due to change in the job title).

EB3 India with priority date of Nov/2007 becoming current in near future is dream. It will take atleast 10 yrs.

So best bet for you is to get into EB2 category and use EB3 Nov/2007 priority date. By doing this you will be free bird in 2 yrs.

Hope I have explain you well.