PDA

View Full Version : Attorney's withdrawal as counsel

njverifier
07-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Hello All,

Need some advise. Here is my situation - I am on H1B 8th year, AOS filed but my spouse's AOS is not yet filed. I recently changed jobs and got my H1 extension for 3 years. Now that I changed jobs my previous employers' attorneys emailed me telling that they would withdraw as counsel if I don't sign a new engagement agreement. I am not sure how much they are gonna charge for this. I would rather contribute to IV than paying to the attorneys. So here are my questions:

1. Do I really need to hire an attorney to represent me as a counsel? remember my AOS is filed.
2. Can I not hire my new employer's attorneys when my date becomes current(I don't think it will be current any time soon).
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of hiring an attorney to represent as counsel?

Any light on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

njverifier
07-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Hello All,

Need some advise. Here is my situation - I am on H1B 8th year, AOS filed but my spouse's AOS is not yet filed. I recently changed jobs and got my H1 extension for 3 years. Now that I changed jobs my previous employers' attorneys emailed me telling that they would withdraw as counsel if I don't sign a new engagement agreement. I am not sure how much they are gonna charge for this. I would rather contribute to IV than paying to the attorneys. So here are my questions:

1. Do I really need to hire an attorney to represent me as a counsel? remember my AOS is filed.
2. Can I not hire my new employer's attorneys when my date becomes current(I don't think it will be current any time soon).
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of hiring an attorney to represent as counsel?

Any light on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Help please!!!

njverifier
07-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Help please!!!

Whoever has moved my thread to the lawyers forum, this question is not for the lawyers. It is to the general public and their experiences about hiring and retaining the attorneys. Anyone who changed jobs on H1 after AOS filed please share your experience about retaining attorneys. Do we really need them unless our dates are current?

I request admin to move this topic to interesting topics from Ask an attorney.

Thanks in advance.