PDA

View Full Version : Is Playmate a genius

CaliHoneB
06-29-2012, 07:43 PM
I don't usually post these kinds of things but I thought this is hilarious and also sad at the same time.
May be we can use this as an example of how broken is the US immigration system

U.S. "Genius" visa attracts entrepreneurs and Playmates - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/u-genius-visa-attracts-entrepreneurs-playmates-051239990--sector.html)

mechanical13
06-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Come on buddy...with looks like hers, she deserves an O1 Extraordinary ability visa.

greyhair
06-29-2012, 09:29 PM
I don't usually post these kinds of things but I thought this is hilarious and also sad at the same time.

U.S. "Genius" visa attracts entrepreneurs and Playmates - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/u-genius-visa-attracts-entrepreneurs-playmates-051239990--sector.html)

SSSHHHHHHHHHHHH didn't you know. You are not allowed to say anything otherwise immigration lawyers, who make money off of filing visa for high skilled playmate, they will be annoyed with you.

satyasaich
06-29-2012, 10:47 PM
Nothing personal against that "genius lady", but what a shame
on the other hand it also proves a point and that is interpretation of "extraordinary personalty" can go either way. As a matter of fact, my wife with a Ph.D & lot more credentials to list such as couple of gold medals from reputed universities, more than dozen publications in globally respected journals, endorsement of her work from ICRISAT ( only 2 such kind of institutes in entire world) is not considered as a genius by this very same immigration system.
Hopefully we don't see again such a reckless approval

satyasaich
06-29-2012, 10:49 PM
on the other hand it also proves a point and that is interpretation of "extraordinary personalty" can go either way. As a matter of fact, my wife with a Ph.D & lot more credentials to list such as couple of gold medals from reputed universities, more than dozen publications in globally respected journals, endorsement of her work from ICRISAT ( only 2 such kind of institutes in entire world) is not considered as a genius by this very same immigration system.

bugmenot
06-30-2012, 01:28 AM
Actually the O1 is a misunderstood Visa, its not a "genius" visa in the strictest sense. You can be an accomplished Bonsai plant grower from japan and you will qualify ( one did) or you can be a famous tandoori cook in India you'll qualify. You basically need to have achived some sort of major acclaim in whatever field ( acclaim thats documented and agreed by USCIS ) you get the Visa.

xyz0011
06-30-2012, 11:49 AM

I think you are confusing O-1 with EB-1. They are not same. O-1 doesn't lead to green card while EB-1 does.