PDA

View Full Version : Job location change after I-140 and willing to move to previous location at I485 AOS

kg.iitd
06-21-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm currently working for company A in state A. I have my green card filed in EB2. My PERM application has the state A address on it. I have my I-140 approved and am waiting for my priority date to become current. It will take atleast another 3 years for my priority date to be current. I'm married and my wife works in a different state.The company I work for has an office located in state B which is close to where my wife lives. My lawyer says that since the green card is for future employment, until I file the I 485 petition I could work from the company location in state B. This will enable us to live together. I will still be working remotely for my company located in state A just sitting physically in a different office. The lawyer says I will have to file a H1B amendment specifying the new job location in state B in addition to the job location in state A. I will move back to State A once the priority date becomes current for filing my I-485 AOS. Is it ok for me to change the job location as indicated above ? I hope I won't run into any issues with my green card paperwork or any future H1B stamping. Please let me know as soon as possible.

Gandhi_II
06-22-2012, 09:12 AM
I'm planning to change employers and was wondering if it is better to travel abroad after the H-1B has transferred to the new employer or before the transfer. Any thoughts?

bang
06-22-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm planning to change employers and was wondering if it is better to travel abroad after the H-1B has transferred to the new employer or before the transfer. Any thoughts?

It is not required... just join them.

bang
06-22-2012, 09:58 AM
I'm currently working for company A in state A. I have my green card filed in EB2. My PERM application has the state A address on it. I have my I-140 approved and am waiting for my priority date to become current. It will take atleast another 3 years for my priority date to be current. I'm married and my wife works in a different state.The company I work for has an office located in state B which is close to where my wife lives. My lawyer says that since the green card is for future employment, until I file the I 485 petition I could work from the company location in state B. This will enable us to live together. I will still be working remotely for my company located in state A just sitting physically in a different office. The lawyer says I will have to file a H1B amendment specifying the new job location in state B in addition to the job location in state A. I will move back to State A once the priority date becomes current for filing my I-485 AOS. Is it ok for me to change the job location as indicated above ? I hope I won't run into any issues with my green card paperwork or any future H1B stamping. Please let me know as soon as possible.

Need to amend your H1 with new location, there is no link between your GC & H1B for work location since GC is for future employment. Even if you are worried so much about it, it will not be even in the system until you file 485.

pappu
06-22-2012, 10:08 AM

Is the legal advice you are getting in writing?

kg.iitd
06-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Is the legal advice you are getting in writing?

No. Should I get this in writing.

pappu
06-23-2012, 09:34 PM
No. Should I get this in writing.

Without getting an important advice in writing after you spent lot of money, how will you know it is a good advice and the person giving it will stand by it in court if you were to hold him/her responsible if it was wrong?

kg.iitd
06-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Without getting an important advice in writing after you spent lot of money, how will you know it is a good advice and the person giving it will stand by it in court if you were to hold him/her responsible if it was wrong?

Thanks Pappu and bang. I have asked him to give it in writing.

However, I wanted to double check from the forum about this advise once. I hope it is correct.