PDA

View Full Version : EAD AP issues and resolution

seahawks
06-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Pappu To Summarize based on what I am reading and facing some of it personally. Let me know if I missed something.

1. Provision to request duplicate if AP or EAD lost in mail. Currently only way is to re apply and pay the full cost
2. Streamline so that EAD and AP combo card have the same validity of 2 years if applied together
3. Current applications for AP is taking more than an average of 3 months and some in a month. We would like a streamlined mechanism where the ideal processing time should be around 6 to 8 weeks.
4. Renewed AP or EAD should be valid effective the day of the previous AP or EAD expiring date
5. If applied separately, AP or EAD validity still should be two years when approved.

pappu
06-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Pappu To Summarize based on what I am reading and facing some of it personally. Let me know if I missed something.

1. Provision to request duplicate if AP or EAD lost in mail. Currently only way is to re apply and pay the full cost
2. Streamline so that EAD and AP combo card have the same validity of 2 years if applied together
3. Current applications for AP is taking more than an average of 3 months and some in a month. We would like a streamlined mechanism where the ideal processing time should be around 6 to 8 weeks.
4. Renewed AP or EAD should be valid effective the day of the previous AP or EAD expiring date
5. If applied separately, AP or EAD validity still should be two years when approved.

Thanks Seahawks for summarizing it. We had a meeting and discussed these questions. As stated earlier agenda was to only discuss process issue than any big admin fix or new ideas. We will be posting updates in the coming days in our posts in threads. Some update will be posted today on the donor forum and then later posted for regular forum.

remove the sarcasm, This is what needs to be asked , why pre2k7 july i-485 filers have to pay like $25000 and post 2k7 july I-485 filers only $740 for EAD/AP renewal for lifetime, as to why USCIS is punishing the pre 2k7 july filers every year and the post 2k7 july filers, just pay only once for EAD/AP.
There was also discussion on fees. Thank you for bringing it up. It has been taken as a recommendation. We need your help to write it up as a formal document and submit it to us in an email. We will forward it.

pappu
06-14-2012, 02:55 PM

Urgent action item.

We need a person to take a lead and help fix this problem. USCIS needs to see example cases where this problem is happening. Please collect evidence in the form of scanned copies , application number. Compile it together and articulate the problem and solution. We will forward it to USCIS to fix this issue. This is urgent . IV is you and me so we need people to take the lead and work with us to fix it .

pappu
06-14-2012, 02:58 PM
We also had discussion on visa date movement. It is based on information from CO and USCIS. It has more info for EB2 ROW folks and EB2 India and China. We will be posting on the donor forum first. Please check IV forums in the coming days if you are interested.

pappu
06-14-2012, 03:01 PM
There was a question on H4 being given EAD rule from a member. This is tied to one of the big fixes we have been asking 'allowing filing of 485 when dates are not current. We can only say not to expect anything on this anytime soon.

bsnf
06-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Urgent action item.

We need a person to take a lead and help fix this problem. USCIS needs to see example cases where this problem is happening. Please collect evidence in the form of scanned copies , application number. Compile it together and articulate the problem and solution. We will forward it to USCIS to fix this issue. This is urgent . IV is you and me so we need people to take the lead and work with us to fix it .

Pappu,

I paper filed my wife's application on 04/16 and included a cover letter requesting a combo card. On 05/17 we received her combo card which is valid from 05/12/12 to 05/11/13. Her current EAD card expires on 08/14/2011. AP has expired in Feb 2012.

I efilled my application on 04/24. I included a cover letter requesting a combo card with the supporting documents that I mailed. On 05/30 I received a 2 year EAD card starting after my current EAD card expires. On 06/07 I received a 1 year Advanced parole document.

In our case we are 2 people in the same house hold having different results. I am willing to send our documents. Let me know if you need our documents to provide an example to USCIS.

pappu
06-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Pappu,

I paper filed my wife's application on 04/16 and included a cover letter requesting a combo card. On 05/17 we received her combo card which is valid from 05/12/12 to 05/11/13. Her current EAD card expires on 08/14/2011. AP has expired in Feb 2012.

I efilled my application on 04/24. I included a cover letter requesting a combo card with the supporting documents that I mailed. On 05/30 I received a 2 year EAD card starting after my current EAD card expires. On 06/07 I received a 1 year Advanced parole document.

In our case we are 2 people in the same house hold having different results. I am willing to send our documents. Let me know if you need our documents to provide an example to USCIS.
Please send to info at immigrationvoice.org
Include full contact details as well so that USCIS can contact you to fix the problem.

bsnf
06-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Include full contact details as well so that USCIS can contact you to fix the problem.

Thanks, Will send our documents to that email address.

bsnf
06-14-2012, 10:52 PM

I emailed all our scan documents and requested info.

pappu
06-15-2012, 06:24 AM
We need a volunteer to work on this project and help prepare a followup response for USCIS on all suggestions listed and get fixes done. Please respond ASAP with your details to info at Immigrationvoice.com

pappu
06-15-2012, 06:27 AM
I emailed all our scan documents and requested info.

Thank you. We will need a few more examples to show that this problem is not just one isolated case to fix but something to be fixed for all. Please help spread the word on other websites to get more examples.

psagarn
06-15-2012, 07:27 AM
Thank you. We will need a few more examples to show that this problem is not just one isolated case to fix but something to be fixed for all. Please help spread the word on other websites to get more examples.
I am in the same boat, applied for EAD and AP when my date was current but got the combo card valid only for one year. I am at work right now but will scan and send the documents by EoD today.

CHHAYA
06-15-2012, 08:03 AM
Pappu,

We applied for my husband EAD and AP renewal with cover letter asking to provide Combo card for 2 year validity. Both applications have receipt date of 5/11/12 and both receipts were received in same envelope, however yesterday I checked status on USCIS and it says that on 6/13/12 USCIS sent EAD card in mail and on 6/9/12 USCIS mailed notice of approval for AP.It seems like they have not approved AP and EAD for 2 years and also has not provided combo card. We have not received any of the documents yet. I will scan them to IV as soon as we receive them.

insbaby
06-15-2012, 09:09 AM
AP Expired April 2012

Applied EAD + AP combined (efile) as soon as entering the 'eligible window period' - Middle of May

EAD application approved June 1st week (no action on the AP, though all papers went in one mail)

USCIS sent series of emails every day (your application approved, card production ordered, your card is shipped, USPS picked up your mail, USPS delivered your card)

Arrived card has "NO RENTRY PERMIT" :mad: :mad: :mad:

But the validity of the card begins right after the current card expiration, thats the only consoling thing.

insbaby
06-15-2012, 09:11 AM
And, it is for 2 years

ebizash
06-15-2012, 09:17 AM
Pappu,

We applied for my husband EAD and AP renewal with cover letter asking to provide Combo card for 2 year validity. Both applications have receipt date of 5/11/12 and both receipts were received in same envelope, however yesterday I checked status on USCIS and it says that on 6/13/12 USCIS sent EAD card in mail and on 6/9/12 USCIS mailed notice of approval for AP.It seems like they have not approved AP and EAD for 2 years and also has not provided combo card. We have not received any of the documents yet. I will scan them to IV as soon as we receive them.

The status messages don't necessarily mean that you will not receive a combo card. I had same status update but in the end received a two-year combo card (albeit starting from the approval date there by losing two months).

HTH!

njverifier
06-15-2012, 10:29 AM
And, it is for 2 years

As I said previously in one of the threads my attorneys told me that even though you apply EAD and AP together a combo card will be issued on USCIS discretion.

seahawks
06-15-2012, 11:20 AM

I am working on the formal document Pappu, I can leave a space for examples if you have them, you can just include them? I have one of two of my own that I am including in the document.

DallasBlue
06-15-2012, 11:35 AM
this is what i have so far can you guys add and improve up on it ...

TO the director USCIS ,

Subject : Pre july 1485 filers pay $740 every year for EAD/AP renewal , which we think should only be paid once.

Dear Sir,

During the july 2007 , there was fee hike for EAD/Ap application filing. At this time, the changes in fee increase we think were not thought through correctly somehow for those who already have their I-485 applications filed. we think that we are paying an amount of $740 for EAD/AP renewals for every one or two years. For a family of four it will cost $2960 renewal fee every one or two years the EAD/AP is renewed. With the Current backlogs and retrogression, a person from India who has filed I-485 in 2007 july with the Priority date of Nov 2006 in EB3 category, it will be aproximately 20 years to get a greencard, so for a family of four he would have to pay $29,600 by the time he gets his green card assuming 10 times renewal. The post July 2007 I-485 filers pay only once an amount of $740 per person for EAD/AP till they receive the green card which looks to be a more resonable amount.

We urge you to look into and review the fee structure for the pre july 2007 I-485 filers to be more reasonable.

Thanking you,
Immigration voice

memyselfandus
06-15-2012, 12:20 PM
If they don't want to waive the fees; we should request a one time conversion cost that will enable us to receive free EAD and AP for life.

gc_ism
06-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Hi Follks

I am in the same boat, paper filed EAD and AP (one packet), seperate cover letter and separate checks at Texas Service Center, on Apr,23rd,2012. Approved on 18,May,2012 for
just 9 months,new EAD start date is from Approval date, not from old EAD Expiry date, lost 3 months of EAD time, I am in EB3, priority dt: july,2004, SRC1290259152

here is the Application no: SRC1290259152, and let me know if more details are required

seahawks
06-15-2012, 12:31 PM

TO the director USCIS ,

Subject : Pre july 1485 filers pay $740 every year for EAD/AP renewal , which we think should only be paid once.

Dear Sir,

During the july 2007 , there was fee hike for EAD/Ap application filing. At this time, the changes in fee increase we think were not thought through correctly somehow for those who already have their I-485 applications filed. we think that we are paying an amount of $740 for EAD/AP renewals for every one or two years. For a family of four it will cost $2960 renewal fee every one or two years the EAD/AP is renewed. With the Current backlogs and retrogression, a person from India who has filed I-485 in 2007 july with the Priority date of Nov 2006 in EB3 category, it will be aproximately 20 years to get a greencard, so for a family of four he would have to pay $29,600 by the time he gets his green card assuming 10 times renewal. The post July 2007 I-485 filers pay only once an amount of $740 per person for EAD/AP till they receive the green card which looks to be a more resonable amount.

We urge you to look into and review the fee structure for the pre july 2007 I-485 filers to be more reasonable.

Thanking you,
Immigration voice

Thanks I will capture this also in my document.

royu
06-15-2012, 01:02 PM
I am looking for job change in IT. For that I need some training.
Does anybody has any experience with the Desi training organizations advertised in sulekha.com like slakenet, Xcel resources, NYSYS, BA technologies etc ?
Do they just take money and give some training ?
How is quality of those training ?
Do they give any job or help in placement ?
Thanks

MahaBharatGC
06-15-2012, 03:16 PM
Thanks I will capture this also in my document.

I suggest the subject line to be:

Subject: Fee discrimination between Pre-July 2007 I-485 Filers and post-July 2007 I-485 Filers.

Madhuri
06-15-2012, 03:46 PM
I can give one such case, but the card is now expired. It was for my son, only one year combo card. We are already in process of renewal and this time we did not apply for AP as we learned lesson last time. We are planning to send separate AP application only because of the above. If it helps, I can send the details.

seahawks
06-15-2012, 04:36 PM
I have completed the draft letter and have sent it to Pappu incorporating all these points. I am hoping that all members please send examples of these scenarios so that they can be attached along with the document and be shared with USCIS on the volume of these problems that we face.

Thanks

DallasBlue
06-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Thank you.

BMS
06-17-2012, 09:00 PM
I have filed I 485 in July 2007. When I renewed EAD AP last year I received one year approval instead on two years. So this year I renewed and sent a cover letter requesting for a two year combo card and recevied it within four weeks. But I will be paying fees for every renewal while others who filed after fee increment in July 2007 get free renewals.

dkar
06-17-2012, 10:01 PM
I thank IV, pappu, seahawks and others for taking up the EAD/AP issues.

They have issued me a new EAD card with these two issues: 1) A one year validity instead of two years and 2) The new validity date starts about three months before the current one expires.

I have emailed info at immigrationvoice.org with my contact details, Alien#, EAD-Receipt# and attached scans of the following four documents:
1) my current two year EAD
2) the New one year EAD
3) I-140 Receipt that shows my Priority Date November 2004
4) I-485 Receipt

The following are the details of my current and the new EADs:
1) My current 2 year EAD expires on 8-28-2012.
2) I received my new card few days back. I was issued a 1 Year EAD(+ AP Combo card) with a start date 3 months before the current one expires. (i.e. 6 months effective; Because I now will have to apply on 2-6-2013 and will get a new card with a start date of 3-6-2013. So from 8-28-2012 to 3-6-2013 is about 6 months)
3) My priority date is November 2004 EB3 India. The priority date is nowhere near getting current. It is in fact many years away.

thank you & regards

CHHAYA
06-18-2012, 08:16 AM
The status messages don't necessarily mean that you will not receive a combo card. I had same status update but in the end received a two-year combo card (albeit starting from the approval date there by losing two months).

HTH!

You are right, my husband received I-512 Combo Card with two year validity but lost 1 month in EAD and 3 months in AP as the effective date is the date of approval. If IV want any more info then I can give.

Madhuri
06-18-2012, 08:32 AM
We got our EADs and lost 40 days. If required I can give the details.

kprgroup
06-18-2012, 08:39 AM
Applied online both EAD&AP on MAY 8th (Texas center) .Send a letter asking 2 year combo.

AP approved June5th( Not yet received)
EAD approved June 13th and received June 15th.Start dates are correct(end of previous one)

Waiting for AP.So no COMBO for me..........

Atpugkeviv
06-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Hello,
I am in EB3 category Inda, priority date Sept 2006. My 2 year EAD expires on 8/11/12. Received 1 year combo card with validity from 5/26/12 - 5/25/13. I can provide further details if that would help. Thx.

mantagon
06-18-2012, 09:36 AM
...if one wants to apply for AP that has 'multiple entry', they are not entitled for the 2 year combo EAD/AP!!

As for my case, my attorney paper filed both EAD and AP seperately since I wanted to have 'multiple entry' on AP on May 29. Last week I received the EAD with a validity of 2 years from the date after my current EAD expires! Still cannot believe this fast turn-around for the EAD - but hey, I'm not complaining! Still waiting for the AP though.

ebizash
06-18-2012, 10:19 AM
...if one wants to apply for AP that has 'multiple entry', they are not entitled for the 2 year combo EAD/AP!!

That's NOT true!! I received a 2-year combo card last month...

puding
06-18-2012, 10:22 AM

As for my case, my attorney paper filed both EAD and AP seperately since I wanted to have 'multiple entry' on AP on May 29. Last week I received the EAD with a validity of 2 years from the date after my current EAD expires! Still cannot believe this fast turn-around for the EAD - but hey, I'm not complaining! Still waiting for the AP though.

Thanks for letting us know about this. I may be wrong, but as far as I remember, some folks on this forum who self filed with a request for multiple entry 2 year combo card got it as requested. I e-filed for my EAD & AP on May 12th with TSC. Will update once I get my cards. One thing that continuously amazes me is how come USCIS processes some applications within 2-3 weeks and for rest of the folks it takes ages. Well, I guess I should not expect to see any ratiobnale when dealing with USCIS... :confused:

baleraosreedhar
06-18-2012, 12:41 PM
I had applied for EAD and AP combo cards for me and my wife on May 14 and On june have received my EAD card valid from my previous EAD card expiry date, and still AP needs to be approved .

I was expecting a combo card, but have just received 2 years EAD card.

I am not sure on the rationale of getting just the EAD card, but not combo,

So just wanted to share my experince with IV members.

seahawks
06-18-2012, 03:20 PM
I thank IV, pappu, seahawks and others for taking up the EAD/AP issues.

They have issued me a new EAD card with these two issues: 1) A one year validity instead of two years and 2) The new validity date starts about three months before the current one expires.

I have emailed info at immigrationvoice.org with my contact details, Alien#, EAD-Receipt# and attached scans of the following four documents:
1) my current two year EAD
2) the New one year EAD
3) I-140 Receipt that shows my Priority Date November 2004
4) I-485 Receipt

The following are the details of my current and the new EADs:
1) My current 2 year EAD expires on 8-28-2012.
2) I received my new card few days back. I was issued a 1 Year EAD(+ AP Combo card) with a start date 3 months before the current one expires. (i.e. 6 months effective; Because I now will have to apply on 2-6-2013 and will get a new card with a start date of 3-6-2013. So from 8-28-2012 to 3-6-2013 is about 6 months)
3) My priority date is November 2004 EB3 India. The priority date is nowhere near getting current. It is in fact many years away.

thank you & regards

Thanks for sending the information

njverifier
06-18-2012, 03:39 PM
I had applied for EAD and AP combo cards for me and my wife on May 14 and On june have received my EAD card valid from my previous EAD card expiry date, and still AP needs to be approved .

I was expecting a combo card, but have just received 2 years EAD card.

I am not sure on the rationale of getting just the EAD card, but not combo,

So just wanted to share my experince with IV members.

Can you please share to which service center you applied for?

old_hat
06-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Hi all,

Did anyone file for EAD/AP combo card recently with Nebraska Service Center? If so, what is the time it took you to get your EAD? I filed 2 months ago and have still not got mine.

Regards,
OH

baleraosreedhar
06-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Can you please share to which service center you applied for?

I had applied it at Texas Service center

njverifier
06-19-2012, 07:44 AM
I had applied it at Texas Service center

Even my application was received in Texas Service Center on May 14th for EAD(No AP) my case did not show up online for 3 weeks. I am not sure if my attorneys paper filed my EAD. My case is still in Initial review status... God only knows what USCIS is doing with our applications.

minimalist
06-19-2012, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by seahawks

Urgent action item.

I am going to gather data on cases that correspond to shorter duration and invalid start date.

Following is the data I think would be needed .
EAD and AP validity issues data collection

1)EAD should be valid from the date of current EAD expiry date
2)AP should be valid from the date of current AP expiry date
3)EAD&AP combo card should be valid for 2 years from the EAD/AP expiry date (Preferably from EAD expiry date)

Need
1)scanned copies of expirinfg EAD/AP following:
2)Scaned copies of new EAD/AP/combo card
3)FOllowing info in a table form
Application type | Receipt Number | Expiry date of old document | Start date pof newly issued document

Please add anything else that I may need to collect. Also, if some one can advise me the best way to collect the data, I'd appreciate it.

puding
06-19-2012, 11:24 AM
I e-filed for both AP & EAD on May 12th with a hope of getting 2 year combo card. When I e-filed I got a concurrent application number which was a good sign. Today morning I got an email from USCIS that my AP application is approved. No status update on EAD yet. So I'm guessing no 2 year combo card for me. I may be wrong, which I wish. Will update once I get the card.

Question to other folks. Has this happend with anyone else? If so, which one did you get, a 2 year combo card or seperate EAD & AP? My application was processed at TSC. Thanks in advance.

seahawks
06-19-2012, 12:16 PM
I am going to gather data on cases that correspond to shorter duration and invalid start date.

3)EAD&AP combo card should be valid for 2 years from the EAD/AP expiry date (Preferably from EAD expiry date)

Need
Application type | Receipt Number | Expiry date of old document | Start date pof newly issued document

Please add anything else that I may need to collect. Also, if some one can advise me the best way to collect the data, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you, the draft document has been sent over last weekend. Process of getting specific case scenarios is in process. I believe this information needs to be send to info at immigrationvoice dot com. So if you have not already, please do so. These will become addendums to the problem and solution document that IV core will take up with USCIS in their next meeting

puding
06-21-2012, 05:26 PM
I e-file for EAD & AP with TSC on May 12th 2012. Was expecting a 2 year combo card. On June 18th, my AP was approved and I got the document delivered to my home on June 20th. EAD application status is still initial review. I just emailed my case details to info at immigrationvioce.org. Let me know if I need to send any further details. Thanks.

madhavi
06-22-2012, 08:18 AM
My Spouse and I received our renewed EAD for 2 years from TSC. Our current EAD has an expiry date of 9/24/2012. Our new EAD validity period is June 15,2012 to June 14, 2014. In this we lost about 3 months on our current EAD.

MahaBharatGC
06-22-2012, 10:22 AM
If your current EAD expires in Sept 2012, how did you get your EAD renewed so fast? Did you file before 120 day period? Do they let you do it.

Me and my wife's expires at the same time and I mailed right at the 120 day timeframe, because last time we had difficulty in getting renewed within 90 days.
I received the receipt notices last week only (NSC). I am keeping my fingers crossed.

madhavi
06-22-2012, 10:55 AM
USCIS worked on our application with lightning speed this time. We applied well within 120 days time frame. We mailed our application on June 4th, 2012 and got approval text message on June 19th,2012. But we lost about 3 months on our current EAD.

RNGC
06-23-2012, 01:33 PM
IVs efforts on this issue is very much appreciated. Not many people visit IV as 4-5 years back. I would not have checked this if I did not face this problem. I just got a 1 year EAD and was googling and it took me here. Since IV has opened a communication with USCIS about these irregularities, It would be great If IV can give us a format of the letter we should send directly to USCIS and just select the issue that individual faces( I think there 4 or 5 EAD/AP related issues) . IV should send a email to all its members to alert if they are facing any of these EAD/AP issues and advise how to proceed further..

For example:
To Mr.xxxx yyyy
Sub: EAD/AP issues - IV communication Dated:XX/XX/XXXX

This way, individuals can directly send scanned copies of documents , IVs letter with reference to USCIS. Some may feel reluctant to share the important details like EAD/I-485 to IV. (IV is our own, No question about trust, but electronic documents can get to the wrong hands by mistake)

Thanks IV for all the support!!!

pappu
06-23-2012, 02:39 PM
IVs efforts on this issue is very much appreciated. Not many people visit IV as 4-5 years back. I would not have checked this if I did not face this problem. I just got a 1 year EAD and was googling and it took me here. Since IV has opened a communication with USCIS about these irregularities, It would be great If IV can give us a format of the letter we should send directly to USCIS and just select the issue that individual faces( I think there 4 or 5 EAD/AP related issues) . IV should send a email to all its members to alert if they are facing any of these EAD/AP issues and advise how to proceed further..

For example:
To Mr.xxxx yyyy
Sub: EAD/AP issues - IV communication Dated:XX/XX/XXXX

This way, individuals can directly send scanned copies of documents , IVs letter with reference to USCIS. Some may feel reluctant to share the important details like EAD/I-485 to IV. (IV is our own, No question about trust, but electronic documents can get to the wrong hands by mistake)

Thanks IV for all the support!!!
We do not have bandwidth for helping with individual cases. People should contact their lawyer, employer, USCIS , local lawmaker office etc.

For USCIS take info pass or call customer service. We rarely take individual cases and our criteria is very strict. The person should have tried all options and when there is no hope we can help. Additionally the person must be a long term contributor. We have helped many such hopeless cases and people truly value when they have nobody else to help them. It is not feasible for us to take up many individual cases that met this criteria. In this case for the thread our involvement is at a policy level rather than individual case resolution. We have submitted some examples of people who have been our long term supporters and hope that their cases will be looked at and fixed. Their example will help many others like them in future. People are requested to visit IV regularly to see what is going in. There maybe an action item where help is needed or some effort where they can be a part of the community to offer suggestions and help fix a problem.

checkmet64
06-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Folks who are visiting this thread and are not aware of the latest update and action item, please visit the thread "action item: request your employer to sign the petion for supporting HR3012." There is a good likelyhood that HR3012 will be taken up by senate.

This is real action for those who had been waiting on sidelines !! Please step up to the plate and contribute if you have been waiting. Life does not get any real than that. Each one of us has a chance to be a part of the history and those don't come by often !!

DallasBlue
07-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Thanks Seahawks for summarizing it. We had a meeting and discussed these questions. As stated earlier agenda was to only discuss process issue than any big admin fix or new ideas. We will be posting updates in the coming days in our posts in threads. Some update will be posted today on the donor forum and then later posted for regular forum.

There was also discussion on fees. Thank you for bringing it up. It has been taken as a recommendation. We need your help to write it up as a formal document and submit it to us in an email. We will forward it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimalist

Need

Thank you, the draft document has been sent over last weekend. Process of getting specific case scenarios is in process. I believe this information needs to be send to info at immigrationvoice dot com. So if you have not already, please do so. These will become addendums to the problem and solution document that IV core will take up with USCIS in their next meeting

Guys, If you have issues with EAD/AP send in details as mentioned in above posts.

hpandey
07-07-2012, 11:33 PM
My Spouse and I received our renewed EAD for 2 years from TSC. Our current EAD has an expiry date of 9/24/2012. Our new EAD validity period is June 15,2012 to June 14, 2014. In this we lost about 3 months on our current EAD.

I applied for EAD and got it only for 1 year and since it is overlapping with my current EAD for 3 months basically I only got it for 9 months. Its so frustrating. Will talk to USCIS customer service and my lawyer tomorrow but I don't know if there is any hope they will issue another one with 2 year validity . :mad:

hpandey
07-09-2012, 02:52 PM
I applied for EAD and got it only for 1 year and since it is overlapping with my current EAD for 3 months basically I only got it for 9 months. Its so frustrating. Will talk to USCIS customer service and my lawyer tomorrow but I don't know if there is any hope they will issue another one with 2 year validity . :mad:

I talked to USCIS and to my lawyer and both informed that nothing can be done now. The USCIS lady said that I could take an infopass but the immigration office will also tell the same thing that it is up to USCIS whether to issue a 1 year or 2 year EAD.

Spend so much money and only get a 9 month EAD as if we are not suffering enough :mad:

f16mav
07-09-2012, 03:21 PM
We filed for our EAD/AP renewal in May and got approval in June. USCIS sent us an approval notice (this is the first time I am seeing it) but no cards. My lawyer contacted USCIS and they said the cards were delivered by USPS delivery information and they cannot do anything but refile. What USPS delivered was not the cards by Approval Notice. Anyone with same experience and any resolution?

Thanks,

pappu
07-09-2012, 03:32 PM
I talked to USCIS and to my lawyer and both informed that nothing can be done now. The USCIS lady said that I could take an infopass but the immigration office will also tell the same thing that it is up to USCIS whether to issue a 1 year or 2 year EAD.

Spend so much money and only get a 9 month EAD as if we are not suffering enough :mad:

Don't give up so easily. If you have paid your lawyer to get you 2 year EAD then ask him to contact USCIS or lawyer organization to get this fixed. Get responses in writing if possible so that it can be used for records of efforts done so far.

If you still get helpless after trying everything and getting negative results, then after noting everything and results, contact us again in a couple of weeks. We are busy right now but if you have been a long term IV supporter we can look into your issue after a couple of weeks.

DallasBlue
07-09-2012, 05:22 PM
We filed for our EAD/AP renewal in May and got approval in June. USCIS sent us an approval notice (this is the first time I am seeing it) but no cards. My lawyer contacted USCIS and they said the cards were delivered by USPS delivery information and they cannot do anything but refile. What USPS delivered was not the cards by Approval Notice. Anyone with same experience and any resolution?

Thanks,

Why cannot USCIS issue the replacement card ? why one has to pay all the fee about $740 again ?

Is this systemic lack of common sense issue or business design for making more money ?

pappu
07-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Why cannot USCIS issue the replacement card ? why one has to pay all the fee about $740 again ?

Is this systemic lack of common sense issue or business design for making more money ?

This is a simple problem and can be fixed. Problem is people are not asking. We write checks for services to be performed and blindly believe whatever is told to us and do not argue if something is wrong. We all need to stand up for ourselves and others like us. This is what immigration voice platform is about. Our greatest achievement so far is raising awareness and and making people come out of their fear and anonymity as it used to be on websites before IV. IV can take individual case and get speak to officials for resolution. We have done many times. But that is not a solution. And we don't really have enough bandwidth. We try to help only when There is absolutely no hope and situation is really bad. Only in such instances people being helped truly understand the value of what they as a community can do and our efforts. Each one of us need to take up community issues and get it fixed. Support us so that we can have enough resources to take up more issues to work on for the community.

In this case, a new application should not be needed. Not sure why such legal advice is being given and is being accepted. Try going for info pass yourself and talk about this issue to the officer. Note the answer and the person who you peak with. Always take notes and get every legal advice nid official communication in writing. Use that as the basis to take matter further.

rexjamla
07-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Hi,

I am recurring contributor on IV. My current EAD expiring on Sep 1, 2012. I applied for EAD renewal and AP in May end and spend $2000. I got EAD and AP combo card with validation dates from June 2012 to June 2013 which means I have only 9 months to use this EAD. I am shocked and totally confused. I am on EB-3 with priority date May 2006. In past I renew my EAD twice and got 2 years extension each time. I don't know how to tackle this issue.

Thanks!
RKaushal

for_gc
07-09-2012, 07:37 PM
This is a simple problem and can be fixed. Problem is people are not asking. We write checks for services to be performed and blindly believe whatever is told to us and do not argue if something is wrong. We all need to stand up for ourselves and others like us. This is what immigration voice platform is about. Our greatest achievement so far is raising awareness and and making people come out of their fear and anonymity as it used to be on websites before IV. IV can take individual case and get speak to officials for resolution. We have done many times. But that is not a solution. And we don't really have enough bandwidth. We try to help only when There is absolutely no hope and situation is really bad. Only in such instances people being helped truly understand the value of what they as a community can do and our efforts. Each one of us need to take up community issues and get it fixed. Support us so that we can have enough resources to take up more issues to work on for the community.

In this case, a new application should not be needed. Not sure why such legal advice is being given and is being accepted. Try going for info pass yourself and talk about this issue to the officer. Note the answer and the person who you peak with. Always take notes and get every legal advice nid official communication in writing. Use that as the basis to take matter further.

Pappu, you are simply the great! Unbelievable. You guys have helped so many people. If you ask me, this is pure genious.

DallasBlue
07-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Unlike a drivers license , which is replaced at $11 in Texas. (http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/DriverLicense/dlfees.htm). USCIS doesn't replace the lost or stolen EAD/AP card is my understanding. They do not have a process or system for replacing the EAD card, is what the answer I found. so one has to end up paying the whole fee amount and apply all over again. please correct me if my understanding is wrong or let me know if there is a method for replacing a lost EAD (ap, ead/ap combo) card.

pappu
07-10-2012, 05:36 AM
Hi,

I am recurring contributor on IV. My current EAD expiring on Sep 1, 2012. I applied for EAD renewal and AP in May end and spend $2000. I got EAD and AP combo card with validation dates from June 2012 to June 2013 which means I have only 9 months to use this EAD. I am shocked and totally confused. I am on EB-3 with priority date May 2006. In past I renew my EAD twice and got 2 years extension each time. I don't know how to tackle this issue.

Thanks!
RKaushal

Wow 2000 dollars! That is a lot of money to spend on a renewal.

EAD renewal fees is not $2000 by USCIS . It is a simple form in simple English that can be filled. Why are people spending $2000 for such a straightforward application? There is certainly a need for more awareness here.

As a first step please go to info pass and talk to USCIS officer there. Note all response even if your problem is not fixed. Because this will help you in the next step to take the matter higher. If you hired a lawyer have him fix this for you.

pappu
07-10-2012, 05:42 AM
Unlike a drivers license , which is replaced at $11 in Texas. (TxDPS - Driver License Fees (http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/DriverLicense/dlfees.htm)). USCIS doesn't replace the lost or stolen EAD/AP card is my understanding. They do not have a process or system for replacing the EAD card, is what the answer I found. so one has to end up paying the whole fee amount and apply all over again. please correct me if my understanding is wrong or let me know if there is a method for replacing a lost EAD (ap, ead/ap combo) card.

You are incorrect. It can be replaced. One needs to communicate to USCIS that it is not applicants fault. But make sure that as an applicant you gave correct address in your forms and if you changed your residence you had filed appropriate paperwork to update USCIS records.

pappu
07-10-2012, 05:47 AM
Pappu, you are simply the great! Unbelievable. You guys have helped so many people. If you ask me, this is pure genious.

In our recent meeting we tried to get a better understanding on very mundane things like LUDs and pre adjudication etc. It is surprising that people waste too much of their time in tracking and caring about such things. We had posted about it on the other thread on the forum. Hopefully IV members get better awareness.

HHKED
07-19-2012, 10:56 AM
I am in the same boat too. USCIS ate 2 months and got a card that is valid only for one year. I am no where near my priority date. Where I can send my details and what details do you need?

rexjamla
07-19-2012, 11:32 AM
I call the number given on Combo card letter I receive and got this response by email-

The status of this service request is:

Upon review of our computer systems and records, the validity periods are correct. When an I-766, Advance Parole EAD, also known as a combo card, is issued for the first time, the validity period is one year, regardless of visa availability. Although you had an EAD previously, per USCIS records, this is your first combo card. As such, this is considered an initial issuance and the validity period begins on the date of approval, June 29, 2012, and is only valid for one year. However, when you apply for a renewal of the combo card next year, the validity period will be 2 years if a visa is not available at the time of adjudication. Furthermore, the validity period did not begin on 09/02/2012 because the combo card is not considered a renewal. If you have any further questions, please contact customer service at the number listed below.

Thank you,
XM1267

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Is That Correct? I send details to my attorney and not heard from him in last 2 weeks.

Thanks!
RKaushal

sanatshah
07-19-2012, 11:41 AM
I recently renew my EAD and got approved for 2 years. following is the timeline.

Current EAD is expiring in October-2012.
Send application on 5/24/12 @ Texas center.
Receved card on 7/17/12.
New card validity - 10/2012 to 10/2014.

Still waiting for my wife's approval which applied on the same date as mine.

HHKED
07-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Did you apply for a combo card for the first time?

I recently renew my EAD and got approved for 2 years. following is the timeline.

Current EAD is expiring in October-2012.
Send application on 5/24/12 @ Texas center.
Receved card on 7/17/12.
New card validity - 10/2012 to 10/2014.

Still waiting for my wife's approval which applied on the same date as mine.

DallasBlue
07-19-2012, 11:47 AM
You are incorrect. It can be replaced. One needs to communicate to USCIS that it is not applicants fault. But make sure that as an applicant you gave correct address in your forms and if you changed your residence you had filed appropriate paperwork to update USCIS records.

Originally Posted by DallasBlue
Unlike a drivers license , which is replaced at $11 in Texas. (TxDPS - Driver License Fees). USCIS doesn't replace the lost or stolen EAD/AP card is my understanding. They do not have a process or system for replacing the EAD card, is what the answer I found. so one has to end up paying the whole fee amount and apply all over again. please correct me if my understanding is wrong or let me know if there is a method for replacing a lost EAD (ap, ead/ap combo) card.

am sorry ,but there is no way to replace a lost EAD/AP. Searched and called around a lot. ultimately coz of time and sensitivity had to refile all over again and pay the full fee for someone here.

Can we request USCIS in the next meeting to put in place a process for replacement of lost EAD or AP card/document. (like drivers license replacement.)

sanatshah
07-19-2012, 11:48 AM
No. I did not apply for Combo card. Just EAD.

HHKED
07-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Can you ask them where does it say that first time combo card will be for ONE yr only?

Thanks...

I call the number given on Combo card letter I receive and got this response by email-

Upon review of our computer systems and records, the validity periods are correct. When an I-766, Advance Parole EAD, also known as a combo card, is issued for the first time, the validity period is one year, regardless of visa availability. Although you had an EAD previously, per USCIS records, this is your first combo card. As such, this is considered an initial issuance and the validity period begins on the date of approval, June 29, 2012, and is only valid for one year. However, when you apply for a renewal of the combo card next year, the validity period will be 2 years if a visa is not available at the time of adjudication. Furthermore, the validity period did not begin on 09/02/2012 because the combo card is not considered a renewal. If you have any further questions, please contact customer service at the number listed below.

Thank you,
XM1267

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Is That Correct? I send details to my attorney and not heard from him in last 2 weeks.

Thanks!
RKaushal

HHKED
07-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Did he filed for combo card for the first time? Want to know as someone got a reply for USCIS saying that first time combo card is valid only for one year.

You are right, my husband received I-512 Combo Card with two year validity but lost 1 month in EAD and 3 months in AP as the effective date is the date of approval. If IV want any more info then I can give.

DallasBlue
07-19-2012, 11:55 AM

TO the director USCIS ,

Dear Sir,

Thanking you,
Immigration voice

I hope USCIS reconsiders and does something on this

ebizash
07-19-2012, 01:36 PM
No, this is not correct. I know that because I got a 2-year combo card as did many IV members. Refer to these posts -
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum68-free-lawyer-conference-calls/2804056-received-ead-ap-combo-card.html#post3254801
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum68-free-lawyer-conference-calls/2804056-received-ead-ap-combo-card-2.html#post3532058
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3022641-ead-ap-issues-and-resolution-3.html#post3491238

Thank you,
XM1267

Thanks!
RKaushal

Amman
07-19-2012, 03:55 PM
We have applied for EAD and AP on Jun 25th for me and my wife. Today we got the AP approval notice for both of us. But our EAD status is still "Initial Review". We applied both AP and EAD on same time. Center is NSC.

Amman
07-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Just got the email that production EAD cards ordered for me and my wife.
At this age and years we should be getting Green Card Production card ordered ;) not these stupid EAD and AP cards; really frustrating...
I will let you all know the validity of cards...

MahaBharatGC
07-23-2012, 10:46 AM
My EAD Renewal status.

Service Center: Nebraska
Applied in May end 2012, right on 120 days of expiration of current ones.
Today, we saw that Card Production Ordered for both me and my wife.
Comparing to last time's renewal delays, this is much relieving..

Since ours are expiring in Sep 2012 end, will see their validity when they arrive.

FYI, this is not dual card.

mustu316
07-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Guys I am really confused can some help me with these questions.

I applied for my wife's and my EAD Renewal & AP (Concurrent e-file) on June 4th, based on our I-485 pending our confirmation receipt directed us to send the supporting documents to Nebraska. We received the notice that it was accepted one week after the e-file.

I sent the supporting documents to Nebraska. Is this the correct place to send the supporting documents ? OR do I need to send the supporting documents with the acceptance notice of I-797C to a lockbox location ?

Any help will be really appreciated.

njverifier
07-25-2012, 07:46 AM
Hello All,

I am planning to apply for AP renewal by self(frst time). So far my employers attorneys used apply for the renewal but now I left the employer and I am on my own. Can some one guide me on the process they already have done so. I need the following information and greatly appreciate help in this matter.

1. How do I identify to which service center I need to apply? I live in NJ.
2. List of documents for AP renewal.

Thanks a lot in advance.

MahaBharatGC
07-25-2012, 08:56 AM
njverifier,

I believe you are also July 2007 Filer based on your profile.

So, we are in the same boat.

I just did my second renewal but myself for both me and my wife.

It is very easy.

This is what I did. I went to uscis.gov site and looked at I-765 instructions and it was very clear.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-765instr.pdf

Look for Renewal EAD section c(9) category - pending adjudication of adjustment of status.

I took 2 passport photos.
Filled the I-765 forms
Printed color copies of my current EAD (front and back)
Copy of I-485 Receipt notice.

Cover letter mentioning that I am mailing within 120 days allowed timeframe to avoid delays in processing and job loss.

I can post more details later in the evening if you want as my docs are at home.

njverifier
07-25-2012, 11:10 AM
njverifier,

I believe you are also July 2007 Filer based on your profile.

So, we are in the same boat.

I just did my second renewal but myself for both me and my wife.

It is very easy.

This is what I did. I went to uscis.gov site and looked at I-765 instructions and it was very clear.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-765instr.pdf

Look for Renewal EAD section c(9) category - pending adjudication of adjustment of status.

I took 2 passport photos.
Filled the I-765 forms
Printed color copies of my current EAD (front and back)
Copy of I-485 Receipt notice.

Cover letter mentioning that I am mailing within 120 days allowed timeframe to avoid delays in processing and job loss.

I can post more details later in the evening if you want as my docs are at home.

Thanks much, I am applying for AP alone. Yes please do let me know if any other docs are required and also a copy of covering letter will be great. you can send me a personal message. One thing I am confused is how do I know to which service center I should apply?

MahaBharatGC
07-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Thanks much, I am applying for AP alone. Yes please do let me know if any other docs are required and also a copy of covering letter will be great. you can send me a personal message. One thing I am confused is how do I know to which service center I should apply?

Oh no problem. I did my AP renewal early this year and will post you details later in the evening, from home.

MahaBharatGC
07-25-2012, 09:48 PM

I have sent you private message with details.

I recommend you to put a cover letter indicating the application for AP renewal and putting the documents order list.

Under is A-number I have listed documentation list as put in clip. it took 84 days for my renewal however, I was not in hurry I just renwed it after mine expired for 3 months.

Amman
07-26-2012, 08:52 AM
My wife and I got the combo card with 2 years validity. First time combo.

MahaBharatGC
07-27-2012, 08:38 AM
So, we got our renewals done with cards arriving yesterday.

I filed exactly on 120 days expiration timeframe and they renewed quicker :)
But, the new renewal starts from July 20th 2012 to July 18 2014 which is RIDICULOUS and loss of time.:mad:

I am going to write a separate letter and describe the issue to them and how it impacts bottom line (every penny counts period).

mustu316
07-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Applied EAD / AP combo card for wife on June 4th, received approval email on July 26th. I applied on July 23rd and today received biometrics appt letter. Anyone in the same boat ? will this delay my renewal approval or anything .. let me know

desixp
07-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Hi,

I got biometrics. I have applied for EAD / AP combo card on July 22nd. Thanks

485_spouse
07-29-2012, 11:44 PM
All,
My wife e-filed for EAD (Expiring Aug end) on June 4th, based on her pending I-485 as my EB3-India derivative. This would be her 3rd/4th EAD.

Almost at the same time I applied with my N400. Few days later we got a letter from USCIS that her I-485 case is transfered to NBC from NSC. I assumed this is due to my N400 and will not have any impact on her EAD.
However now almost two month since she e-filed we have not recived her EAD nor any notice for biometrics!

What if she does not get EAD on time, does she needs to resign from her job or take long term leave? She won't be able to drive either as her Iowa DL is tied to EAD expiration date:(

Any ideas?Should we take infopass and check?

DallasBlue
02-07-2013, 12:06 PM
did we ever hear back from uscis on these issues ?

set up a process to replace a lost EAP/AP card which is valid for some future duration, similar to replacing a drivers license.

TO the director USCIS ,

Dear Sir,

During the july 2007 there was fee hike for EAD/AP application filing. At this time, the changes in fee increase,we think, were not thought through correctly somehow for those who already have their I-485 applications filed. We are paying an amount of $740 for EAD/AP renewals for every one or two years. For a family of four it will cost $2960 renewal fee every one or two years the EAD/AP is renewed. With the current backlogs and retrogression, a person from India who has filed I-485 in 2007 july with the Priority date of Nov 2006 in EB3 category, it will be aproximately 20 years to get a greencard, so for a family of four he would have to pay $29,600 by the time he gets his green card ,assuming 10 times renewal. Where as the post July 2007 I-485 filers pay only once an amount of $740 per person for EAD/AP till they receive the green card which looks to be a more reasonable amount.

We urge you to look into and review the fee structure of EAD/AP (I-765/I-131) for the pre july 2007 I-485 AOS filers to be more reasonable.

Thanking you,
Immigration voice