PDA

View Full Version : Do I have a case?

Spade
06-03-2012, 04:35 AM
Hi,

I would greatly appreciate it if an immigration lawyer would read this and let me know if I have a case or not. Thanks :)

My data
---------
1. Me and my wife are interested in immigration to the US. I am a skilled software engineer (9 years), and she is a skilled chemical engineer (2 years). We both have degrees.

2. My wife has an American sister living in Boston where we thought to immigrate to.

3. I was thinking about flying-in during mid-June to job hunt for an H1B. Seeing as H1B quota is almost full this year, earlier than former years, I'm not sure there is a point to my flight. The only reason I though to keep the flight, is to see an immigration lawyer in the US, but I need to know I even have a case...

My questions
---------------
1. Is there any chance for us this year to immigrate?
2. If not, and all hope with work visa's is gone, is there another type of visa I may go for? (my current employer has no site in the US, so L is not an option)

Many thanks to whoever can help!
- Spade

chikna
06-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Hi,

Try EB1C route. I saw many people have gotten GC in 3 months, compared to EB2 and EB3 where there is a 10 year backlog. Moreover, there are more denials in EB2 and EB3 than EB1C. Good luck.

husamymd
06-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Hi,

Try EB1C route. I saw many people have gotten GC in 3 months, compared to EB2 and EB3 where there is a 10 year backlog. Moreover, there are more denials in EB2 and EB3 than EB1C. Good luck.
Yes EB1 is quick. but almost no one i know has approval. try to talk to a lawyer and ask this question. this website is not very useful for you. be careful of the information i give you.

husamymd
06-03-2012, 12:42 PM
[
what is the difference between a skilled and unskilled engineer.??? just asking.

husamymd
06-03-2012, 12:46 PM
right now make him thing eb1 is easier. why you be lime that? do you get monie from lawyers?

riklegal
06-21-2012, 02:57 AM
[
what is the difference between a skilled and unskilled engineer.??? just asking.

I am not aware about this issue.