PDA

View Full Version : I-485 RFE for child turning 14

amulchandra
06-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Hi all,

Today I got an email notification that my son got an RFE. My PD is 2006 jul EB3 India no way close to being current. I am assuming it is for biometrics. Do any of you have a similar experience? Adding to the twist we changed the attorney after filing I-485 in 2007.
I am wondering to which address the RFE would go. Any similar experience for any of our members. Please advise.

Thank you very much in advance

Amul

greyhair
06-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Hi all,

Today I got an email notification that my son got an RFE. My PD is 2006 jul EB3 India no way close to being current. I am assuming it is for biometrics. Do any of you have a similar experience? Adding to the twist we changed the attorney after filing I-485 in 2007.
I am wondering to which address the RFE would go. Any similar experience for any of our members. Please advise.

Amul

If you changed your attorney, did you file a fresh form allowing the new attorney to represent you. If you did file the new representation form, which also has the address of the current attorney, then the RFE and other correspondance from USCIS will come to the new attorney.

As for the content of the query, each query depends on the case. My guess is that for a 14 year old, I suspect it could be some minor technical query like very DOB or birth certificate, name of mother etc.

I suggest speaking with your current attorney at the earliest.

ksircar
06-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Hi all,

Amul

I guess this is for finger printing. Last year when my daughter turned 14, I received a similar one for her finger printing.

ksircar
06-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Hi all,

Amul

Also, they mailed it to my address.

checklaw
06-02-2012, 08:40 PM
RFE would be for biometrics. You will be asked to send check for $85 and couple of weeks later you would receive date and place of Service center to take your child to. Also remember to send a G-325a form for your child with the check to preempt this request in the future.

amulchandra
06-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Thank you all for responding to my query. Even I am guessing that it is for biometrics.
I will update you all once I receive the notice.

Amul

amulchandra
06-12-2012, 08:58 AM
It is almost 10days and we did not receive the RFE yet. I am a bit worried now. How many days usually it takes to receive the hard copy. Any experiences?

Amul

checklaw
06-12-2012, 06:48 PM
we had recd within 4-5 business days..

amulchandra
06-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Thanks checklaw. Today is the 7th business day. I will wait for couple of more days and then call USCIS customer service.

Amul

amulchandra
06-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Thanks checklaw. Today is the 7th business day. I will wait for couple of more days and then call USCIS customer service.

Amul

Hi Checklaw,

one more question. Can you please tell me how many days time was given to reply the RFE or send the check may be?

Thank you

Amul

Svee
06-13-2012, 10:32 AM
I got a RFE for my AP Renewal ( Photo .. not per standard... although i have been using teh same costco & take brand new ones each time). They gave me 60 + days. Probably might be close to 70 days.

amulchandra
06-13-2012, 10:53 AM
I got a RFE for my AP Renewal ( Photo .. not per standard... although i have been using teh same costco & take brand new ones each time). They gave me 60 + days. Probably might be close to 70 days.

Thank you

Amul

amulchandra
06-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Hi all,

Old attorney received the RFE. It is for biometrics.

Thank you very much for taking time to answer my questions. That really helped me.

Amul

ajay
12-07-2012, 02:43 PM
The online case status shows that an RFE has been sent for my 14 yr old son on Nov 7th.

Neither my attorney or I have received this notice. Tried calling USCIS and created a service request on Nov 23rd. Got an email today that the RFE has been sent to attorney's office and I need to contact them.

Called USCIS again and this time time talked to a level 2 officer who checked and told me that the RFE has been sent to the old attorney on record and that I need to contact my present attorney and they should request USCIS for a copy of the RFE.

It has been more than a month since the RFE was created. Does anyone know what is the time frame given to respond to RFE ?

pappu
12-07-2012, 07:45 PM
The online case status shows that an RFE has been sent for my 14 yr old son on Nov 7th.

Neither my attorney or I have received this notice. Tried calling USCIS and created a service request on Nov 23rd. Got an email today that the RFE has been sent to attorney's office and I need to contact them.

Called USCIS again and this time time talked to a level 2 officer who checked and told me that the RFE has been sent to the old attorney on record and that I need to contact my present attorney and they should request USCIS for a copy of the RFE.

It has been more than a month since the RFE was created. Does anyone know what is the time frame given to respond to RFE ?

could you contact the old attorney and get it?

ajay
12-08-2012, 08:19 AM
I have never been in touch with the old attorney...the contact has always been through my old employer. I tried calling my old employer but as expected he is not answering any of my calls.

pappu
12-08-2012, 09:05 AM
I have never been in touch with the old attorney...the contact has always been through my old employer. I tried calling my old employer but as expected he is not answering any of my calls.

If you want we can try to help . Long term contributing members with current subscription could be helped by IV when they do not have any other options.