PDA

View Full Version : Rfe (i-485)

seanl
08-07-2009, 04:22 PM
I received an RFE that put my I-485 on hold,

"In order to process your application further you will need to submit the following:

1. Evidence of your lawful admission or parole into the United States. Such evidence includes, but is not limited to, Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record, or a copy of the nonimmigrant visa page of your passport showing admission to the United States.

OR

2. If you last entered the United States without inspection, you must submit evidence of your eligibility for adjustment of status under section 245(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). To be eligible for adjustment under 245(i) of INA, you must be the beneficiary of an immigrant visa petition or application for labor certification filed on or before April 30th, 2001. Unless not required in the instructions for Supplement A, you must pay the required section 245(i) surcharge fee.

Please submit evidence of eligibility under section 245(i) of INA and a completed and signed Supplement A to Form I-485. Evidence of eligibility includes Form-I797, Notice of Action for Form I-130, I-140, or I-360. This form must have been filed on or before April 30th, 2001. You must have been the beneficiary, spouse of the beneficiary, or eligible childe of the beneficiary. The relationship had to exist on or before April 30th, 2001 or when the petition was filed."

I came across from Canada when I was five years old as a visitor, did not have a passport as one was not required to enter the U.S. from Canada. When we entered we intended to visit my mothers husband and then all of us go back to Canada. However we decided to stay here. My question is, what can I provide as evidence of entering the United States since I did not have a passport and entered as a visitor so I do not have an I-94, and I believe I dont apply to the 245(i).

I called Immigration and they mentioned form I-102 to replace I-94, theres an option E on the form that says "I was not issued Form I-94 when I entered as a nonimmigrant, and I am filing this application together with an application for an extension of stay/change of
status." Would this be the right route? Would I receive an I-94? Is there something else I need to send?

seanl
08-15-2009, 12:55 AM
I filed my I-102 to receive an I-94, ill update this when I hear back from them.

When I receive the receipt, could I use that for the RFE? I don't think i'll have my I-94 to give to them in the 80 days I have left?

Thanks, bump.