PDA

View Full Version : Travel to Dominican Republic on AP

willworkforgc
05-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Hi -
Im planning a vacation to Dominican Republic in Nov and Im on a AP which expires 12/29/12. Want to find out if I would still be able to get the visitor's card on arrival in DR or if I need to apply for a visa here in the US?

Thanks,

sunny1000
05-20-2012, 04:57 PM
Hi -
Im planning a vacation to Dominican Republic in Nov and Im on a AP which expires 12/29/12. Want to find out if I would still be able to get the visitor's card on arrival in DR or if I need to apply for a visa here in the US?

Thanks,

Hi,

I traveled to DR in 2009 and was on AP. I did not require a Visa (I went to their Consulate in NY and got a letter stating that no visa is required - kind of an overkill). You definitely need the visitor card(I think it was $30). You can get that at the Consulate nearest to your location. Their immigration did not even check the card but, it is better to get it here, if you can.

Hope that helps. Have a great vacation!

sunny1000
05-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Hi -

Thanks,

Hi,

I traveled to DR in 2009 and was on AP. I did not require a Visa (I went to their Consulate in NY and got a letter stating that no visa is required - kind of an overkill). You definitely need the visitor card(I think it was $30). You can get that at the Consulate nearest to your location. Their immigration did not even check the card but, it is better to get it here, if you can.

Hope that helps. Have a great vacation!

jassikul
05-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Hi Can you please share if you had any problem related to travel to Dominican Republic using AP.

I do not have US-VISA stamped in my Passport and what do DR ask for to issue you tourist permit.

Thanks

deepak2010
03-05-2014, 11:02 PM
Guys
Was wondering if anyone of you had traveled to Dominican Republic on EAD/AP?
Do we need visa ( I am Indian citizen and intend to vacation in DR for a week)?
Thanks for our help
Deepak

willworkforgc
03-25-2014, 11:28 AM
As long as you have a valid US visa, you should be good to go.

cheers !