PDA

View Full Version : FP on 5/18. need help.

racha24
05-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Hi Gurus,
My wife and I have the FP appointment on Friday. Can someone who's gone through this before please tell me what to expect and what docs to carry etc.? any tips?

sorry, I couldn't find anything that was answering these questions, so thought I'd start a new thread. Appreciate your responses. thanks.

UKannan
05-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Hi Gurus,
My wife and I have the FP appointment on Friday. Can someone who's gone through this before please tell me what to expect and what docs to carry etc.? any tips?

sorry, I couldn't find anything that was answering these questions, so thought I'd start a new thread. Appreciate your responses. thanks.

Please post your experience once you complete the FP so others can be benefited...

sguntaka
05-16-2012, 09:29 AM
Arrive 10-15 min early
Show your DL/Passport, FP notice
Fill the form
They will call to get FP
That's it !!! Relax. You are done.

100mya
05-16-2012, 12:32 PM
As suggested in the previous post, arrive 10/15 mins early. Search online if the center you are going has got parking else search for public/street side parking closely and go even earlier as you never know. What I have noticed is they really dont care what time your appointment is they just go by first come first server, I may be wrong but thats what i experienced when i went.

Documents: Passport, FP notice.
Return Document: Make sure that the person who is doing your scanning stamps the back of your FP notice and gives it back to you. Its an important document.
Thats it.

The process hardly takes like few mins. There is nothing to worry.

All the best and post your experience.

racha24
05-16-2012, 03:02 PM
thanks 100mya and sguntaka for your responses.

I will definitely post my experience. thanks.

jazzyjatt
05-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Hello racha24,

FP is not a complicated process.

As earlier posted by 100mya and sguntaka, carry your DL/ Passport with you and arrive 15 minutes early at the respective center.

They will ask you to fill a form (personal information stuff etc) and check your credentials.
Also carry your biometrics / FP notice which you got in mail. They will put a stamp on it and will then take your fingerprints and photo.

The whole process takes about 15-20 minutes. Infact I did my biometrics today.

hope this helps

racha24
05-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Just got done with it this morning at Elizabeth, NJ ASC. It was fairly painless apart from the wait. It took us almost 2 hours to finish. We carried passports along with our appointment letters. Had to fill a worksheet and got into the bio-metrics queue. When my number was called, they guy looked at our paperwork, asked me to verify everything showing up on the screen and then proceeded to take fingerprints.

Believe me, you have to relax and let your mind wander and focus not too much on what was going on; otherwise, lots of finger-sliding will happen as the tech. tries to work with your fingers to get good impressions. I got admonished on what would happen if FBI were to reject my fingerprints. Anyways, he had to do mine 3 times to get good results. He then annotated and stamped the appointment letter and gave it back to me. There was also a customer experience survey that I filled at the end.

And that's it. hope it was helpful!

racha24
05-18-2012, 05:20 PM
forgot to add... my photo got taken in between...