PDA

View Full Version : B1\B2 visa after 3 rejections

ebizash
05-01-2012, 08:46 PM
My brother and his family have been declined visitor visa (at Delhi Embassy) three times in last four years - 2008, 2009, 2011. He runs a retail business and is 39 years old. All three times he applied for himself, his wife, and son.

Someone told them that if they go to U.S. as part of a group tour such as the ones offered by SOTC or Thomas Cook vacation packages, there is higher chance of getting visitor visa. Additionally they were also told that U.S. has become more generous in approving visitor visa in order to increase tourism to U.S.

I have three questions - 1) Is it true that visiting U.S. as part of a group tour could increase the chances of an approval, 2) Is there any chance for an approval after 3 rejections or is it a waste of time and money, and 3) Does anyone know of any case who got visitor visa approved after 2-3 attempts?

Can someone please chime in and provide their viewpoint / opinion?

Thanks
ebizash

krishmunn
05-02-2012, 06:59 AM
If money is not a problem , what will help is if he traveles to some European country (easier to get visa) and try for a US visa after return. This will establish a "Visa history" (a term I made up ) for him.

ebizash
05-02-2012, 07:07 AM
If money is not a problem , what will help is if he traveles to some European country (easier to get visa) and try for a US visa after return. This will establish a "Visa history" (a term I made up ) for him.

Thanks Krishmunn! Yes that can help.

Anyone else?

DSLStart
05-02-2012, 08:49 AM
2) Is there any chance for an approval after 3 rejections or is it a waste of time and money, and 3) Does anyone know of any case who got visitor visa approved after 2-3 attempts?

Thanks
ebizash

One of my close relative got visitor's visa in 4th attempt at Mumbai consulate. So it also depends on the visa officer, his mood plus, of course meeting the usual requirements for getting the visa. But the suggestion by other member about travelling to some other European country is also good one.

ebizash
05-02-2012, 09:07 AM
One of my close relative got visitor's visa in 4th attempt at Mumbai consulate. So it also depends on the visa officer, his mood plus, of course meeting the usual requirements for getting the visa. But the suggestion by other member about travelling to some other European country is also good one.

Thanks DSLStart! I really appreciate your response.

Can anyone else chime in? More the merrier..

ebizash
05-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Can anyone else share their opinion or advice or suggestions?

ebizash
05-03-2012, 09:56 AM
<bump>